Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Sorry if this has already has been asked. Can i travel to the UK and back on an Irish Drivers' license with Ryanair?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

hi i have my ticket booked for london on the 22nd but i just copped that my passsport is out of date , what is the best option get the express one or go into them with my ticket ? thanks

Who are you flying with? If it's not Ryanair you will be alright with other ID.
    Sorry if this has already has been asked. Can i travel to the UK and back on an Irish Drivers' license with Ryanair?

No, Ryanair require a passport (or national ID card if you're from a country that has one).

Damn thanks for letting me know. They are the only ones that insist flying from Ireland to UK and vice versa with passport? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 faddenm

Xpro wrote: »
    Quick question, im also waiting on my passport which i applied exactly 10 days ago, and im going abroad next week.

On their tracking website it says that the issue date is today, but the status shows ( Application No. xxxx. Received on 21/05/2013 and has been registered)
    No further updates.

I tought there were a few status stages and they were updated as they go along. According to my status this tells me they have recieved my application but is hasnt been processed even tho 10 days is over. ???

Advice appriciated

Hi,

Did you receive your passport on time? My application has an issue date June 13th and I'm flying to Turkey on the 16th and was wondering how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

Who are you flying with? If it's not Ryanair you will be alright with other ID.

im flying with ryanair , wud i be better off going into them and showen my ticket? thanks

• Advertisement

I think they've gotten more strict with emergency passports, if you've got the time it might help but there's no guarantee. Have you checked the cost of booking with someone else?

Damn thanks for letting me know. They are the only ones that insist flying from Ireland to UK and vice versa with passport? :-(

Yes everyone else allows other IDs to be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

faddenm wrote: »
    Hi,

Did you receive your passport on time? My application has an issue date June 13th and I'm flying to Turkey on the 16th and was wondering how you got on.

My wife has a similar issue. Her passport issue date is the 19th June and we are flying out on the 24th (it only gives us 2 postal days).

This is my wifes 1st passport she is only after recently become an Irish citizen (which is why we are so last minute). The passport office required her other passport for the application. We're getting a bit worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

I sent away a passport application for my new baby last week, through Parcel express, including with it my own passport as was required.

Being a complete fool, I completely forgot about my flight booked to Amsterdam this Friday (returning Sunday).

Application is still only at the "received and has been been registered" stage.

The passport office enquiries line (01 6711633)is on machine message only, I have emailed them this morning but am not optimistic .

What if anything are my options at this stage?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The email might work. You might have it back in time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I had a problem recently where I needed to talk to a human.

I sent a fax asking for an urgent call back and fair play, they did!

Otherwise, go in to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

I had a problem recently where I needed to talk to a human.

I sent a fax asking for an urgent call back and fair play, they did!

Otherwise, go in to them.

If you have applied through Passport Express it will be in Balbriggan and you can't call in.

You will be able to get it back but you will need to speak to them which is difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

faddenm wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi , yes i got it yesterday finally.

So 12 working days in total and then postage, weekends, just over 3 weeks in total.

Ready for holidays now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

applying for my passport through post office,it will be my 2nd one I lost the 1st one so now have no photo id,do they defo need picture id I have everything else just women in po said needed the id??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

applying for my passport through post office,it will be my 2nd one I lost the 1st one so now have no photo id,do they defo need picture id I have everything else just women in po said needed the id??

No, you need a statement of loss from the Gardai and your birthcert. Everything you need is on the check list on the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

will a professional license be ok to use with aer lingus?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pizzaa

Hi I was just wondering if in general do people recieve their passport on the issue date provided by the passport tracker? Im flying to the U.S on the 2nd of July and according to the passport tracker I will recieve mine on the 18th of June but its still telling me its in the registered status. Getting kind of worried now!

will a professional license be ok to use with aer lingus?

What is a professional licence? Generally speaking Aer Lingus will accept anything at all.
    pizzaa wrote: »
    Hi I was just wondering if in general do people recieve their passport on the issue date provided by the passport tracker? Im flying to the U.S on the 2nd of July and according to the passport tracker I will recieve mine on the 18th of June but its still telling me its in the registered status. Getting kind of worried now!

The applications tend to go straight from registered to printed to issued so you shouldn't have any problem getting it in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 faddenm

Great stuff, mine has moved to being checked as of this afternoon. Fingers crossed I get it by Friday...*squeaky bum time*

Ok can anyone answer this scenario for me, please?

I am due to fly to the UK on Monday morning coming (17th July) and i cannot locate my passport. This will be the 2nd time i have lost it! :-(
    Would it be possible to travel into town to the Passport office on Molesworth St on Friday morning with proof of Ryanair flight tickets/confirmation code?

Cheers in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

Ok can anyone answer this scenario for me, please?

I am due to fly to the UK on Monday morning coming (17th July) and i cannot locate my passport. This will be the 2nd time i have lost it! :-(
    Would it be possible to travel into town to the Passport office on Molesworth St on Friday morning with proof of Ryanair flight tickets/confirmation code?

Cheers in advance.
    I think Friday will be too late! get in there tomorrow morning.Be prepared for a grilling on why you have lost 2 passports! you may even be called in for a chat with someone about that!(I presume you meant flying on Monday 17th of JUNE)

fabvinny wrote: »
    I think Friday will be too late! get in there tomorrow morning.Be prepared for a grilling on why you have lost 2 passports! you may even be called in for a chat with someone about that!

Friday is payday :-( i aint got 150 for possible emergency passport to go in tomorrow. I would have went in yesterday otherwise

Friday is payday :-( i aint got 150 for possible emergency passport to go in tomorrow. I would have went in yesterday otherwise
    what time are you flying monday?

fabvinny wrote: »
    what time are you flying monday?

meant to be 20.55 Monday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

can anybody explain why they never answer the phone in the passport office in dublin?

can anybody explain why they never answer the phone in the passport office in dublin?

peak season? :-( flooded id say they are

meant to be 20.55 Monday evening
    get in early so friday with your proof of travel and you might be able to collect it monaday around lunchtime.best of luck.

peak season? :-( flooded id say they are
    its crazy season there at the moment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

How do I track my passport status? I sent it last Thursday and wax hoping to have it for Friday week!

• Advertisement

How do I track my passport status? I sent it last Thursday and wax hoping to have it for Friday week!

You should have been given a receipt/sticker with a barcode on it that has the registered number of your application on it. Type that in on the site and it should show up, however the application just tends to stay at registered until just the moment it gets printed so not really of huge benefit. From other people on here's experience they seem to be getting through them close enough to the 10 working days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement