Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

From reading the other posts in here, it basically stays at registered until just before it's printed. Unless there is an issue with the material you included you should be fine for the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 katie1982

oh right thanks..that seems stupid that they say theres 5 steps and its updated regularly..when really its updated once and stays like that till its ready..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 koraDCG

Just wanted to add my passport experience and updated turnaround time for anyone wondering how long it takes to receive your passport (the online turnaround time hasn't been updated since may)

13/06/13 - passport posted
    14/06/13 - online status - Received on 14/06/2013 Application has been received and has been registered, Issue date given as 27/06/13

no change until the issue date

27/06/13 - online status - passport is being checked
    28/06/13 - online status - passport is being checked

28/06/13 I called the passport office, took about twenty calls to even get on the hold list, on hold about 35 min.

Spoke to a very nice women who told me the turnaround time is now 13 working days, so instead of receiving my passport on the expected date Friday 28/06/13 it would be Wednesday 03/07/13 (the date of travel!!!)

She asked when I was travelling and said the checker would call me back, which he did about 25 min later, I was informed I should have it Tuesday but this would not be guaranteed so it would be better to pick up in the office on Tuesday and not risk a delay in postage, I arranged for pick up on Tuesday and was assured it would defiantly be ready.
    The staff were very friendly considering the volume of calls they must get. Website could be updated to reflect the 13 day turnaround

Hope this helps! anyone worried should call to arrange collection (be ready for a long hold time)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hey.

Renewing my passport and I know you need the normal form filled out the the garda to sign your photos.

But do you need your birth cert as I have already got a passport ?

Do i need to send the birth cert off with the form ?

Do i need to send the old passport off with the form ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I just got mine 2 weeks ago , passport photos , filled in form stamped in Garda station, old passport ...
    Go to postoffice , hand it over with fee .. Get receipt with tracking number ... Go home
    10/ 12 days later passport arrives ... Just like that ....,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭NoPasaran

My passport has been in fairly bad shape for a long time now. Several pages missing, plastic part where the photo is snapped off and been glued/taped back etc. Hasn't been a major problem as only ever used it travelling too and from the UK and there's no legal requirement for one, although I've had a few scares with the odd jobsworth Aerlingus/Ryanair employee.

Is the process of replacing one the same as applying for a first passport? Do I still have to do all the forms and proof of ID etc?

It costs €90 yes? How long would I be expecting to wait? I saw the links in the OP but they were around 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 katie1982

my passport application is still saying receivd and registerd..im fairly stressed now..its the 8th day saying the same ****..they dont answer my emails and cant get thru on phone..if my issue date says 5th july i think it shud say more then received and registerd on the 1st of july no..?

Having looked here it seems to be €80 + €9 to receive it within 10 days (or cheaper if you're in England... really now..). Is that a 10 day guarantee?

How long for the normal service? I'm not in any major rush but might need it in a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

NoPasaran wrote: »
    Having looked here it seems to be €80 + €9 to receive it within 10 days (or cheaper if you're in England... really now..). Is that a 10 day guarantee?

How long for the normal service? I'm not in any major rush but might need it in a month or two.

cheaper and quicker with the passport express in the post office €89 in total

cheaper and quicker with the passport express in the post office €89 in total
    How is it cheaper if it's €9 extra?

• Advertisement

How is it cheaper if it's €9 extra?

its €95 otherwise

its €95 otherwise
    Oh wow, it actually is lol. What's the logic behind that??

Oh wow, it actually is lol. What's the logic behind that??

to keep you out of their office :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

NeVeR wrote: »
    Hey.

Renewing my passport and I know you need the normal form filled out the the garda to sign your photos.

But do you need your birth cert as I have already got a passport ?

Do i need to send the birth cert off with the form ?

Do i need to send the old passport off with the form ?

Thanks.

read http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=254:
    What documents should be enclosed
    • Complete all sections of the application form correctly and legibly. Don’t forget to enter your signature in the signaturebox on the left hand side of this section.
    • Enclose four recently taken passport photographs .
    • Have the witness section of the application form and two photograph signed and stamped by a Garda Síochána, for applications made in Ireland, or by a member of one of the categories listed on the form for applications made abroad.
    • The Passport Service reserves the right to contact witnesses as required. Passport applicants should therefore note that where it is not possible make contact with those witnessing applications then it is likely that the application will be rejected.
    • With effect from 9th January 2012 the Passport Service will only accept photocopies in respect of passports with six months or less validity on the date of application. Where a passport has 6 plus months validity this must be submitted with the application.
    • Information in respect of applications for first time adults and those who are reporting lost and stolen passports please click here First time adult applicants/Lost and stolen
    • Enclose the appropriate fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hi,
    A friend of mine just had a baby and has applied for a passport for her (he's indian not that it matters)

He was told that passport express is the way to go (as he is due to fly home on the 12th of July)

Documentation was dropped into the poast office last Saturday and it is not showing up on the tracking system.
    He is really worried that he won't get it in time, will have to book new flights and lose a ton of money.

some people in the office here are saying that the passport guys don't like you just turning up and asking if it will be ready in time.
    Has anyone any advice or similiar experience?
    Thanks
    Sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

sham69 wrote: »
    Hi,
    A friend of mine just had a baby and has applied for a passport for her (he's indian not that it matters)

It does matter because the child might not be Irish.

yeah just thinking that, both parents are indian.
    Have been living/working over here for past 8 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Then the child is not automatically entitled to an Irish passport

As long as the work permits and / or Stamp 4 / 5 are in order, at least for the past three years, the child is entitled to be an Irish citizen and thus apply for an Irish passport.

Presumably relevant documentation to evidence reckonable residence for at least the past three years was submitted with the child's passport application, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

yeah just thinking that, both parents are indian.
    Have been living/working over here for past 8 years.

Do the parents have Irish citizenship?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

As long as the work permits and / or Stamp 4 / 5 are in order, at least for the past three years, the child is entitled to be an Irish citizen and thus apply for an Irish passport.

Presumably relevant documentation to evidence reckonable residence for at least the past three years was submitted with the child's passport application, yes?

Yeap, once they can prove constant residence/link to ireland they should be fine but the extra documentation will make it unlikely that a Passport will be ready by the 15th

constant residence not explicitely required, merely reckonable residence - lawful residence on this island of three out of the four years prior to the birth of the child (not counting time spent on Stamp 2 or 2A).

AGC wrote: »
    Then the child is not automatically entitled to an Irish passport

she is seemingly, I think you just need to be 36 months here before the child is born..

just need to be 36 months here before the child is born..

Well, there's a bit more to it than that, as has been advised.

Fair enough,
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful but he knows for a fact that the child is eligible for the passport and that wasn't my question..

I was asking if he would get the passport in time, I know that there are extra factors involved given the parents country of residence but the child actually getting the passport was never in doubt (he has been to emabassy to clear everything up)

The passport application was recieved by the office yesterday so he is just trying to get through on the phone now to see if he can rush it through in any way, maybe by collecting it instead of posting it back etc..

I told him its just a matter of trying the phone again and again as I read earlier in the thread that someone was ringing for ages.

Again thanks for all the advice.

When you say he's been to the embassy.. what embassy?

Were relevant documents to prove applicable reckonable residency submitted with the child's passport application?

Indian embassy and yes forms were submitted.
    They have another daughter and went through the same process.
    The only thing different on this occasion is the fact that they booked the flights early (February).

Obviously they couldnt be sure when the baby would arrive, she was a week or so late.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Ive a couple of questions id be grateful for someone to answer. Have booked a holiday for the 12th of July, I have searched high and low for my passport to no avail, I got the form passport form sorted and signed by the gaurda and filled in the lost section. I don't have any other form of Photo ID, will I be able to get one with just my birth cert? And what's the likely good ill be able to get a passport in 8 days if I go to the passport office in cork tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

see the link:

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782

This applies to both first time applicants and lost passports. You'll need a garda certified copy of a valid ID, such as drivers licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Gatica wrote: »
    see the link:

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782

This applies to both first time applicants and lost passports. You'll need a garda certified copy of a valid ID, such as drivers licence.

Unfortunately that's my problem, I don't have any other ID. All I had was my passport but now it's lost, do I have any other options?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement