Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CHAS2010

I now have a posted date, again its the 19th March but atleast its something.
    However, when I enter the tracking# on An Post website, no luck. May need to just give it a few hours to update.

hi may i ask, when was it ''received'' on their site, mines was the 9th and no update apart from the registered one it looks like everyone got?

i need it by the 14th and with Easter not sure if i should go down on tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

CHAS2010 wrote: »
    hi may i ask, when was it ''received'' on their site, mines was the 9th and no update apart from the registered one it looks like everyone got?

i need it by the 14th and with Easter not sure if i should go down on tuesday?
    If it is any use, my current status is "Received on 11/03/2010 and has been registered". If other posts are anything to go by, I would expect that yours will be posted soon - there are examples of people here who posted their on 8th March and have got it back. Keep us informed, and good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mam2to

Just got these updates on the website now re my two childrens applications:

Application Number Entered: XXXXStatus: Application No. XXXX. This application cannit be processed. A letter outlining the reasons is to be issued shortly Website Last Updated: 31/03/2010 at 13:45
    and the other
    Application Number Entered: XXX
    Status: Passport is printed and will issue no later than 19/03/2010.
    Website Last Updated: 31/03/2010 at 13:45

What am I going to do. they make no sense. I dont have the days to wait until a letter gets to me to tell me what is wrong with my application. It has to be the photographs because the applications were exactly the same otherwise. Am gutted and confused :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kkroni

long_b wrote: »
    According to the member of staff I was talking to yesterday, I'm afraid it doesn't mean anything.

My application was set to this status a couple of days ago, but hasn't been touched by anyone in there apparently :( Applied on the 15 th via express post btw.

I'm having some success getting through on the 1890 number in the mornings, although it doesn't seem to be doing me any good in terms of getting the application processed.

For those of us thinking of queuing at Molesworth Street, he said this will not achieve anything. Mind you, if I still don't have the passport a couple of says before I travel I'll be queuing myself irregardless.

As stated a few posts ago, some of the status updates on the website are misleading to say the least. It's still better than nothing though.

Ok thanks very much. have been ringing, told me they'd send off an "express" email to balbriggan as I'm travelling on the 12th. Not sure if that'll do much good. Keeping optimistic though, alot of people that applied around the 10th of march seem to be getting theres now. Oh applied through express post by the way.

Will update any changes. Hopefully good ones!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

mam2to wrote: »

Application Number Entered: XXXXStatus: Application No. XXXX. This application cannit be processed. A letter outlining the reasons is to be issued shortly Website Last Updated: 31/03/2010 at 13:45
    and the other

What am I going to do. they make no sense. I dont have the days to wait until a letter gets to me to tell me what is wrong with my application. It has to be the photographs because the applications were exactly the same otherwise. Am gutted and confused :eek:

Ring and/or go in I'd say. If you read back there was someone in a similar position a few pages back. Think they got sorted pretty quickly.

Just heard on the radio that the overtime ban has been lifted - that has to be good :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Ring and/or go in I'd say. If you read back there was someone in a similar position a few pages back. Think they got sorted pretty quickly.

Just heard on the radio that the overtime ban has been lifted - that has to be good :)
    Linky:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0331/pay.html
    The Civil Public and Services Union Executive has voted to lift the ban on overtime by its members.

The overtime ban has been directly impacting on services at the Passport Office.

Speaking after today's meeting, CPSU General Secretary Blair Horan said it had been a very long and very angry meeting on the agreements reached on public sector pay and reform between the Government and trade union officials yesterday morning.

He said this deal was in trouble as regards CPSU members and they feel there is nothing in this agreement for them.

Mr Horan said if the agreement had been voted on today it would probably have been unanimously rejected.

The CPSU Executive has decided to defer its formal decision about whether to recommend this deal to its members until 12 April.

Blair Horan said this would give the Executive a chance to consult with members on the ground and a decision would be taken on that date on when to ballot members.

It is likely that service in the Passport Office will start to return to normal as the overtime ban has been lifted.

Blair Horan said that counter closures had not been taking place there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭I Drink It Up!

Hey, that's great news. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How do you work overtime, when you dont even work in the first instance:confused::confused:

BTW they did not answer their phones today.

Would my FAS Safe-Pass card do?? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,770 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mine was updatted this evening to "Passport is printed and will issue no later than 19/03/2010.". I originally applied 09/03/2010, here's hoping it comes tomorrow...

• Advertisement

Mine was updatted this evening to "Passport is printed and will issue no later than 19/03/2010.". I originally applied 09/03/2010, here's hoping it comes tomorrow...

Hope it does. That said...the 19th was 11/12 days ago. So basically, these people are 11-12 days off the pace.

their site just updated to state this:

Status
    Application has been received and has been registered.

Description
    The application has been registered into the Passport System. The next stage is checking the application.

STAT
    Application has been received and is being checked.
    DES
    Your passport application is currently being checked. The next stage is Approved.

STAT
    Approved on dd/mm/yy.
    DES
    Your application has been approved. The next stage is printing the passport

STAT
    Passport is printed and will issue in the next day or two.
    DES
    Passport has been printed. Next stage Passport Posted/Ready for Collection

STAT
    Your passport is printed and will be dispatched to your local Office in the next few days.
    DES
    For applications submitted at Embassies. Your passport has been produced and will be dispatched to the Embassy.

STAT
    Your new passport was posted on dd/mm/yy. If you have not received this within two days of the date above, please contact the Passport Office.
    DES
    Your passport has been posted.

STAT
    Your new passport is ready for collection.
    DES
    Your passport is ready for collection.

They've just posted a guide to the status updates on the main Passport Tracking page

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=2859

Status
    Description

Application has been received and has been registered.
    The application has been registered into the Passport System. The next stage is checking the application.
    Your passport application is currently being checked. The next stage is Approved.
    Approved on dd/mm/yy.
    Your application has been approved. The next stage is printing the passport
    Passport is printed and will issue in the next day or two.
    Passport has been printed. Next stage Passport Posted/Ready for Collection
    Your passport is printed and will be dispatched to your local Office in the next few days.
    For applications submitted at Embassies. Your passport has been produced and will be dispatched to the Embassy.
    Your new passport was posted on dd/mm/yy.
    If you have not received this within two days of the date above, please contact the Passport Office. Your passport has been posted.
    Your new passport is ready for collection.
    Your passport is ready for collection.

An awful amount of people have gone from "begin checked" back to "registered". I'm assuming this is de to them introducing this new set of statuses ?

[Edit ] Snap CHAS2010, just saw your post ! Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Doza

Well now I am REALLY annoyed. The applications for our two girls were received onthe 10th March and until yesterday the status was shown as "being checked". This changed to "has been registered" yesterday. Didn't have a clue what this meant so e-mailed passport office. I got this reply today
    "I can confirm that both applications were registered in this Office on 10 March and are waiting to be checked for passport entitlement. The checking of these applications will not be done for at least 1 week because of arrears that have arisen as a result of industrial action. "
    Then I saw the list of status definitions on the DFA website and "Checked" comes AFTER "Registered"! So the applications have gone back a step. This is so frustrating, especially when I se that posters on this thread whose passports were received on the 8th/9th are starting to get there
    passports. We are supposed to be travelling on the 10th, my last chance of a holiday before baby 3 arrives and I am sick of the lot of them. :mad: Feels good to vent though

QUESTION: Are the CSPU/Passport Employees {I refuse to call them workers} still taking Industrial Action??

If they ARE NOT, then is the option, for a fee, to get the passport at short notice, still available???

It states explicitly in the application form guidelines {green and white form} that, upon presentation of tickets, a passport can be made available for a fee of I think €65 for Adults.

QUESTION: Are the CSPU/Passport Employees {I refuse to call them workers} still taking Industrial Action??

If they ARE NOT, then is the option, for a fee, to get the passport at short notice, still available???

It states explicitly in the application form guidelines {green and white form} that, upon presentation of tickets, a passport can be made available for a fee of I think €65 for Adults.

The "Industrial" action is still in place - they've just removed the overtime ban.
    The applications for our two girls were received onthe 10th March and until yesterday the status was shown as "being checked". This changed to "has been registered" yesterday. Didn't have a clue what this meant so e-mailed passport office. I got this reply today
    "I can confirm that both applications were registered in this Office on 10 March and are waiting to be checked for passport entitlement. The checking of these applications will not be done for at least 1 week because of arrears that have arisen as a result of industrial action. "

I really, really hope that this isn't what's actually happening. Due to travel on the 12th.

I can't see how there would have been a whole "weeks" worth of applications between when the other posters submitted on the 9th and you submitted on the 10th.

This email would have been before the decision to repeal the overtime ban as well I assume ? That was announced around 5.30 PM

Thanks for your reply long_b :cool:

Now, I must travel BACK UP to Air Lingus so as to confirm, with a member of their staff, in person, whether my expired Safe-Pass, my CIE travel ID and my social-services card {non photo} are good to travel to the UK on.

Doza wrote: »
    Well now I am REALLY annoyed. The applications for our two girls were received onthe 10th March and until yesterday the status was shown as "being checked". This changed to "has been registered" yesterday. Didn't have a clue what this meant so e-mailed passport office. I got this reply today
    Then I saw the list of status definitions on the DFA website and "Checked" comes AFTER "Registered"! So the applications have gone back a step. This is so frustrating, especially when I se that posters on this thread whose passports were received on the 8th/9th are starting to get there
    passports. We are supposed to be travelling on the 10th, my last chance of a holiday before baby 3 arrives and I am sick of the lot of them. :mad: Feels good to vent though
    That makes no sense when there are several on here that have got theirs having sent them in around the same time. There must be a bit of chaos in there. But if you look at their stated turnaround times of between 15 to 20 days at the moment, and you take into account St Patricks day and Easter, then it looks about right. We're in similar position as you if it's any consolation - travelling on 14th, received on 11th, it was "checked" status for the first week, then went (back) to registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Doza

Yes, the e-mail was received prior to the removal of the ban. I have replied detailing our travel dates and I am going to be spending all tomorrow on the phone, it doesn't make sense to me either. We'll see what replies I get tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KimK

and the other

:eek:

I applied for my son's passport Feb 26th and the same thing happened. "This application cannot be processed" The application arrived back to me on the 15th March. I returned it to them on the 18th, they recieved it on the 19th March. The tracking online said recieved on the 19/03/10 and is being checked for a few days then on the 24th March it changed to "approved" Then on the 25th it said "Passport has been posted 25/03/10 and gave a tracking number for An Post. It arrived the next day 26th March.
    My Mother applied on the 1st March and hers was returned due to a problem with the Photo's. She posted it back on the 22nd March. The tracking online said "Recieved on the 24/03/10" for a while. The status changed yesterday to "Printed and will issue no later than the 31/03/10. Today it says "Printed and will be issued in the next day or two.!!!!!

About all the info I have but I hope this helps. Best of luck. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mam2to

Hi there, Email worked. I got a call from a lovely guy and he explained that the trouble was with the fee we paid with the post office, dont know how that happened ~ we paid what we were told we had to pay. Anyhow long story short I gave my lazer details, they should be entered today and they should be able to process the problem application for me.

And .... the other one came in the post this morning!!!! Best of luck y'all. So to recap, that was rec'd on the 9th March and in my house in Dublin today 1st April. I did have to email though.

did have to email though.

was this via their site form or this email:
    passportdublin@dfa.ie

send a few the first two weeks ago and nothing at all back from either email?

CHAS2010 wrote: »
    was this via their site form or this email:
    passportdublin@dfa.ie

send a few the first two weeks ago and nothing at all back from either email?
    Me too. I sent it throught their contact form, nothing back.

just been on with one of their offices there, think it was to do with visas, the girl was helpful enough even though it wasn't her dept.
    i asked about the tel lines, she said she was sure they where not picking up at all today , there maybe one on the exchange that's it. they are working normal again, she said to clear the back log.

i asked about the differing dates , IE mine was received on the 9th and nothing , others are the 9/10th and they have got them. she said its a complete mess down there as there where a few others on and they had got some of the PP's they sent on the 16th!

she said just to keep checking but there will be more delays due to Easter. So looks like i'l be in Dublin on wed morning @6am as need it for Friday.

i used the passport service @ the post office 10day. where do i need to go? applications or collections?

thanks in advance

Just been down the office in Molesworth Street.

The queue wasn't bad at all - maybe 30 minutes.

Spoke to a lovely lady who informed me that the status of my application is now "Approved" and should be posted early next week :):):):)

Applied on the 16th via Express Post, travelling on the the 12th.

What worked (I think)

2 or 3 emails via the passport.ie "contact us" page http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=8791
    giving application reference number and travel dates.

Daily calls to 1890 426888 for the last few days. Got through every day in the morning around 9 AM (just keep trying). If you've got immediate travel plans make sure you tell them this and get them to send an email with your details to Balbriggan.
    This is about all they'll do over the phone.

Called down to the office today - they've got more up-to-date details on their system. In my case this didn't have any affect but it did make me feel better and they're very nice down there.
    Make sure to bring printouts of your flight details.

Looks like the statuses on the website are all over the place.
    I was told on the phone that they're using the "registered" as the new first status.

The updating of the application status isn't working very well - mine went from "being checked" for a week to "registered" this week and now apparently it'll be "approved" today.

Good luck everyone, I hope this helps someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jackiexx

hey, just wondering if anybody knew how long your passport needs to be in date before they will let you fly out of the country,,my brothers girl friend was saying it needs to be 3 months in date at the time of travel!!is this true or does anybody know??

ps sorry if i put this post in the wrong forum:o

ok thanks..so many forums lol thats why i wasnt sure:eek:i be flying into ibiza or alicante probably i was gonna book the holiday for may but my passport is up in june.so would i be better to just try and get a new passport !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Your passport is valid for travel until the day it expires

UNLESS you are travelling to a country that requires you to have a visa. A condition of the visa may be that you need a certain amount of time left on the validity of your passport.

Even for travelling to the USA you can use your passport right up to the expiry date.

ok that great was kinda worried that i would have to try to get a passport now,which is probably the worst time to try get one with everything thats happening at the moment:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

just an update all,
    the passport was receieved on the 9th of march and ''checking'' until the update everyone got: Application has been received and has been registered.

stayed like this for a week , no further updates until today @ 1.45

''Passport is printed and will issue in the next day or two.''

so skipped these two ''updates''
    Approved on dd/mm/yy.

so from received to this it was: 15 working days(taking out the burst pipe and st paddys day)

hopefully be here tue/wed as i need it for the 10th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement