Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

noah45 wrote: »
    Panic here, my daughters and friends passports have been lost/stolen in Thailand today, they are on their way back to bangkok and flying home Monday.

Consulate only opens on Monday 8.30-12.30. They are hoping to get Emergency Travel Documents but I'm in a panic that they wont get them in time for their flight later on Monday.

Has anyone any insight on this or had a similar experience please.

How did they get on? Horrible situation to be in, I had to go chasing police reports in Thailand before after some money got stolen and it took me half a day to find the place after being sent on a wild goose chase by my hotel with misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jmc28

Does anybody know what the turnaround time is right now?..Only realised my kids passports were expired, hence the late application!..We are travelling on September 19th & was hoping to apply tomorrow through Passport Express..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Jmc28 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the turnaround time is right now?..Only realised my kids passports were expired, hence the late application!..We are travelling on September 19th & was hoping to apply tomorrow through Passport Express..

They list the turnaround times on the website. http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=83334

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

Sent off for a replacement passport last week as mine was badly damaged. The form also asked if I had any lost/stolen passports previously which I had (1 stolen) so against my better instinct I gave that information.

Lo and behold I get a call from them the other day saying it's been rejected and they are posting me back a form I need to fill out etc.

What is this form? I provided the information concerning the stolen passport on my original application, and if that isn't good enough then what is the point in even asking for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Antifa161 wrote: »
    Sent off for a replacement passport last week as mine was badly damaged.

Did you return the badly damaged passport with your application??

• Advertisement

netopia wrote: »
    Did you return the badly damaged passport with your application??
    Yes of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Antifa161 wrote: »
    Yes of course.

Not sure what they're up to then.

netopia wrote: »
    Not sure what they're up to then.
    So my returned application complete with the form I had to fill in and 'free envelope' to return it arrived today.... only it didn't... my new passport did :confused:

Fairly confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Finally sending off the my application (It's a lot of hassle btw) and there's one thing about the payment slip i'm not sure on.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/184172/Payment_Authorisation_Slip_8_April_2013.pdf

There's a section where it says to write Cardholder’sPassport/ID Number. But i don't have a Passport number obviously, should i just leave it blank?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

For anyone wondering i got a new passport last week, 5 working days with passport express turn around!

ASOT wrote: »
    For anyone wondering i got a new passport last week, 5 working days with passport express turn around!
    Good time to apply, passports being issued in less than a week at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 twomill

i called into passport office to apply for 1st passport for a job overseas and they told me it will be 20 working days before i can get it so goodbye job. a great little country we live in.3rd of october before i will get it.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

twomill wrote: »
    i called into passport office to apply for 1st passport for a job overseas and they told me it will be 20 working days before i can get it so goodbye job. a great little country we live in.3rd of october before i will get it.:confused:

Can't you use passport express? Pop it in the post on Monday and you'll have it the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

I don't see why it would, if the application was in order. It would take longer applying in person or by regular post, but within 10 working days by passport express. Alternatively, if someone has evidence of immediate upcoming travel, he can make an appointment and (with an extra fee) get a passport sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

twomill wrote: »

Why haven't you had a passport before? Why didn't you, the moment you started applying for jobs abroad apply for a passport then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I did mine first time just at the start of the summer rush. Would've come to 10 days processing if they didn't write back requesting my foreign passport, took only an additional 4 days with that.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

it's discussed earlier in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82006870

Not going to hijack thread to go into it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

Passport is in the house somewhere but after searching for two days I still cannot find it. Flying at 6am on Thursday morning... Should I keep looking or cut my losses and apply for an emergency one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'd advise to keep looking today - i found a passport after i'd applied for a new one - check luggage you used on last holiday, flick through books you might have been reading on last trip, jackets etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Passport is in the house somewhere but after searching for two days I still cannot find it. Flying at 6am on Thursday morning... Should I keep looking or cut my losses and apply for an emergency one?

You won't get an emergency passport. No such thing. It will be a new passport.

I would say go and get it sorted, you need a statement of loss from your Garda Station and get your application in order. 3 days is quickest turn around time but you will have to pay an additional fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

I've made an appointment in the Belfast Passport Customer Service Centre in order to renew my passport on the same day.

The centre has told me that I will need to collect an application form from a UK post office to manually complete as the online service involves them sending the completed form by post which takes a week. The downloadable 'C1' form is only for making the application outside of the UK.

Has anyone renewed their passport by this method before? Did you provide a UK address on the form?

Would be grateful for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Yorky wrote: »
    I've made an appointment in the Belfast Passport Customer Service Centre in order to renew my passport on the same day.

The centre has told me that I will need to collect an application form from a UK post office to manually complete as the online service involves them sending the completed form by post which takes a week. The downloadable 'C1' form is only for making the application outside of the UK.

Has anyone renewed their passport by this method before? Did you provide a UK address on the form?

Would be grateful for any replies.

Assuming you're collecting your passport in person from the Belfast passport office, your UK address should be that of a friend or relative. Regarding the form, why not pick one up from a UK post office in NI, on the way to the passport office?

Or, if you need a form earlier than that for the purpose of getting it countersigned, could you get someone in the UK to post you one? I can post you one if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Assuming you're collecting your passport in person from the Belfast passport office, your UK address should be that of a friend or relative. Regarding the form, why not pick one up from a UK post office in NI, on the way to the passport office?

Or, if you need a form earlier than that for the purpose of getting it countersigned, could you get someone in the UK to post you one? I can post you one if necessary.

Thanks for the offer. I managed to get one collected yesterday from a NI post office yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Only two days to go. Assuming you cant find your passport, If i were you, i would go straight to Gardai Station and report the loss and get all document needed with new application and go to Passport Office in person. Far better chance than posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Passport Office can issue you a one-off travel document for emergency pruposes, but you;ll need to report the possport lostr first at gardai sattion as the psoter aboe stated.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement