Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

Gatica wrote: »
    I really don't think sympathy has anything to do with it if you go and lie to the authorities... I'm pretty certain it would be an illegal thing to do.
    Hope you manage to renew your passport in time, as you've learned already yourself, it's best check your passport before booking flights in future.

Worked out reasonably ok in the end.
    Went in to the passport office early on the Wednesday morning and had the passport by 4pm on the Thursday. They said they couldn't guarantee I'd have it by the Thursday but I took the chance and booked new flights for Thursday night and was able to go. Had to pay 150 euro though for the passport

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

JoaoMLVF wrote: »
    "Application No xxxxxxxx. This application could not be processed. A letter outlining the reasons for this decision has been posted to you. If you have not received this within two days, please contact An Post at http://track.anpost.ie/track.html or contact their Customer Care service at 1850 575859 and quote the following envelope reference no PX xxxxxxxxIE".

After checking everyday the passport status, I have this today (Issue Date)! Frustrating after all these days, specially because the passport its for my 7 weeks old son, and now Im wondering for what reason could not be processed, as a GARDA officer looked at it and nothing said, plus if we pay pay an administrative fee at An Post for the service, they should be able to verify if something was missing ad they also looked at it!

Parents details missing??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Shandon wrote: »
    Worked out reasonably ok in the end.
    Went in to the passport office early on the Wednesday morning and had the passport by 4pm on the Thursday. They said they couldn't guarantee I'd have it by the Thursday but I took the chance and booked new flights for Thursday night and was able to go. Had to pay 150 euro though for the passport

That's great! I'm sure it was a great relief to get it sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rooney32

Hello does anybody know the procedure for getting a damaged passport replaced. The main page with the photo is tore down the middle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 AppleTartFace

Hi all,

I just found out I'm going to Paris for a conference, flying out n 28th Oct. My passport expired 2 years ago, but I still have it. That means I don't need my birth cert, right? Also, another question, I was born in England, so do I need to fill in the citizenship information or not because I have my old passport? I read the FAQ about passports here and all the notes from the application itself, but I'm just still a bit confused about what areas I don't have to fill in seeing as I'm renewing my passport. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭les succulent ducks

Hi

Last night I booked a ticket on aerlingus from Dublin to Dusseldorf.

Here's the thing. The name I used on aerlingus included my middle name.

But this middle name does not show on my passport?

Will this be problem?

K

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No it won't be a problem.

Hi folks, me again,

So I sent in my application via Passport Express on Monday 15th. I've been tracking it and it's still on the first step. I need to collect it on Friday, as I'm flying on the 28th and that's a Bank Holiday. I e-mailed the dfa, and they say they can't guarantee it'll be ready for Friday, which is fair enough, but what are my options? I'm not feeling too optimistic now, would it make any difference if I went to the Passport Office with travel details? Essentially I need to collect it Friday morning or I won't be going :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Hi folks, me again,

So I sent in my application via Passport Express on Monday 15th. I've been tracking it and it's still on the first step. I need to collect it on Friday, as I'm flying on the 28th and that's a Bank Holiday. I e-mailed the dfa, and they say they can't guarantee it'll be ready for Friday, which is fair enough, but what are my options? I'm not feeling too optimistic now, would it make any difference if I went to the Passport Office with travel details? Essentially I need to collect it Friday morning or I won't be going :(

Should be fine once it clears the checking phase. 10 Working days would obviously be Tuesday but you should be fine.

AGC wrote: »
    Should be fine once it clears the checking phase. 10 Working days would obviously be Tuesday but you should be fine.

Just e-mailed them and told them the craic, they said "We are currently checking the application with an issue date of 25 October".

• Registered Users Posts: 48 houbie

does that mean you will recieve it on the 25th or they are sending it on the 25th?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 houbie

I have an issue date of the 24th october passport was recived on the 11th october.... im flying on the 28th.

I live in galway and sent to the passport office in dublin. If the passport is issued in the 24th do you think it will get to galway by the 25th?... what are the chances of it being sent befor the issue date?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

I have both an Irish and US passport (dual citizenship) and I need to travel to the UK next week. Just noticed my Irish passport is expired however. Would my US passport be enough for me to travel between the UK and Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I've lost my passport. Nothing booked or anything will need it in the future(new year). Is it still possible to use passport express or do I have to go to the passport office? How long is it taking?

same process as normal through passport express and takes approximately 10 working days, except that you apply as if it's your first time rather than renewal, i.e. you need to provide all the info again from scratch.
    There's a box you tick to say you've lost your passport and guards sign it.
    If it's not your first time losing your passport, then yes, they could call you for an interview.

Thanks for that. I've everything in the envelope ready to go and I'll up to the station tomorrow. Is an original birth cert required or will a photocopy do ? I've originals of the public sector letter and payslip.
    I think it is my first time loosing it, mind you can't be 100% if my parents hadn't lost mine prior to me turning 18. I'll have to see what happens.

• Advertisement

So glad I checked on here . Don't suppose they send the birth cert back ?

I'll get it certified by the Garda while I'm in there.

Is it 95 or 80 I pay by post?

Everything you need to know about renewing a lost passport is on the DFA website:
    http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782

Cost of standard adult passport is 80 + 9 for postage.

PS:
    Is an original birth cert required or will a photocopy do ? I've originals of the public sector letter and payslip.

Make sure you give original of proof of address like bank statement or bill. Don't think your letter/payslip would be sufficient for that. You'll also need some form of ID, like driving licence. A certified copy of this will do.

Thanks for that. I had all other documents ready to go but was unsure about the birth cert. Payslip letter with your address on do count as per list. A very helpful Garda went through it all and then it was rechecked by a post office lady to put in to the express envelope. Should all be ok I hope :) 89 euro done and dusted. By the way for future reference they only accept cash or visa debit(no credit) if you pay at the PO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fr. Jemima Racktouey

I'm applying for a passport renewal and it is not that urgent. I am sending my renewal via standard post.

I'm just wondering where do I post it to, is it the office in Balbriggan or Molesworth Street?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement