Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Blanchguy wrote: »
    Better tell DFAT so - there's 60 odd temporaries starting over the next few weeks...

Possibly, I wasn't stating it as fact but if they are taking on temps it will be nothing like the previous numbers who had been employed during the summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

I'd say it will be almost exactly the same amount as previous years. I doubt the P&P's are going to pick up the slack.

I'd say it will be almost exactly the same amount as previous years. I doubt the P&P's are going to pick up the slack.

It's less numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

AGC wrote: »
    It's less numbers

Less passports or less staff? They are already showing longer processing times this year than they were for the same time last year when the temporaries had already started.

Less passports or less staff? They are already showing longer processing times this year than they were for the same time last year when the temporaries had already started.

Staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

Does there need to be seperate documents for proof of name and proof of address? The clerk in the post office only asked for one when I sent it, however I have now read they may need two? It is not made entirely clear on the instructions provided with the form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Hi All,

I have never had a passport, applied through passport express which will take 10 working days.
    My future employer needs the passport asap to sort out my permit - Will I get an emergency passport at the public counter with an appointment taking into account it its my first one or what way does it work??

Thanks in Advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

No, as it's your first one they run extra checks as far as I know. You should really ask the mods to move this to the passport thread above.

Hi All,

I have never had a passport, applied through passport express which will take 10 working days.
    My future employer needs the passport asap to sort out my permit - Will I get an emergency passport at the public counter with an appointment taking into account it its my first one or what way does it work??

Thanks in Advance :)

Didnt see that - Mods feel free to close :)

• Advertisement

Also if someone has a number for the public office in Molesworth Street that doesnt go to a recorded message? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I sent off a passport express application on the 4th of Feb. I can see on the tracker that they received it and its registered but nothing else has been done with it since the 5th. I am travelling to Belgium for work on Tue 18th. Its my own fault for leaving it this late, I hadn't travelled in awhile for work and didn't realise my passport was up. Would I be safer to go down to Cork tomorrow and see if I can get it down there in person, Can you do this if you have already sent in the application in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

No, not on your first one.

Passport procedure sucks really!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 s123maguire

Sent an application for my baby by passport express which they received on 28th January and I still haven't received it? I tried to call but just got a recorded message saying the couldn't answer any calls due to high volume???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

No it doesn't. It's a really important document that enables you to travel with the protection of the Irish Government around the world and they should take longer to really vet first time applicants in my opinion. It's unfortunate you didn't have one when this job opportunity came up but that's not the system's fault.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are you Irish and working in Ireland?

Ok so Ive just been informed by a girl in the Dublin office that was more than helpful unlike them feckers in Cork:

Corks waiting period is currently 10 working days.
    Dublins waiting period is currently 20 working days.
    It is not possible to get an emergency passport as a first time applicant unless the reason it is needed is for a death or serious illness.

Passport procedure sucks really!!! :(

If you think Ireland is bad ... wait until you get to Switzerland ;)

No it doesn't. It's a really important document that enables you to travel with the protection of the Irish Government around the world and they should take longer to really vet first time applicants in my opinion. It's unfortunate you didn't have one when this job opportunity came up but that's not the system's fault.

It actually does - They don't seem to have a clue when faced with different scenarios- Their information is pretty vague for different circumstances. If they made their information more clearer then maybe they would not be inundated with calls.
    Stheno wrote: »
    Are you Irish and working in Ireland?

Yes. I sometimes think if i wasn't then the procedure would be faster ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It actually does - They don't seem to have a clue when faced with different scenarios- Their information is pretty vague for different circumstances. If they made their information more clearer then maybe they would not be inundated with calls.

Yes. I sometimes think if i wasn't then the procedure would be faster ;)

If you are Irish and working in Ireland you don't need a permit to work?
    What exactly did they say they needed your passport for? Is it to check/validate that you are an Irish/EU resident?

Stheno wrote: »
    If you are Irish and working in Ireland you don't need a permit to work?
    What exactly did they say they needed your passport for? Is it to check/validate that you are an Irish/EU resident?

Sorry I wasnt clear originally. Im moving to Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

It is not my first one, so would it be ok for me to go to Cork on Monday and bring travel documentation and maybe an official letter from work stating that the trip is a business trip and see if I can get the passport in person on Monday?

Compared to other countries, the Department of Foreign Affairs provide an excellent service .

An Emergency Passport by the way is only used to get you back to Ireland, its not given out to leave the country.

You just want yours expedited, you could try it but tbh I don't think its likely on your first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

Hi

There is my story.

Sent passport application for my son on 24 January,checked today and its received a being checked.We are travelling on 22 of February only week left.

Going to passport office with ticket printed and hoping for the best.Is it possible to speed up application and get passport in 5 days time?

Any one was in similar situation? Any advise?

Thanks for help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

tony1980 wrote: »
    It is not my first one, so would it be ok for me to go to Cork on Monday and bring travel documentation and maybe an official letter from work stating that the trip is a business trip and see if I can get the passport in person on Monday?

yes there is an additional fee though

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

So if I prove that we are travelling next week,they will issue passport the same day and post to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

I posted my child's application for renewal on 28th Jan and received it on the 10th working day so I'm not so sure about the 20 working days bit. That was in Dublin fwiw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement