Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

One more thing,tracking information says issue date: 07/02/2014 I'm bit lost now.Was it issued last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Hi folks

Just looking for some input here. We had our second daughter and applied for her passport. It was received by the passport office as part of the 15 day turnaround express option on the 29th January. We are due to travel this Tuesday.

However my main issue is that no matter who I call whether it is the passport office to which I cannot get through ever!! Then the Dept. of foreign affairs who have no bloody answers! and allegedly no alternative number to contact the passport office!

The current status on the website is that it has been printed. The next step is that it shall be posted and takes two days.

Anyone have any ideas on how or where I might go to try and intercept the passport to cut the post option out of the equation and collect it on Monday maybe?

Many thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'll assume you've tried both phone numbers, if not:

01 671 1633 or 1890 426 888

Might be a long shot, but send a fax? 01 671 1092

Even longer shot - repalce the 33 at the end of the Dublin number with something else. Sometimes they have extensions and you might get lucky.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Im Back :)

Ok so Passport office decided to comeback and tell me they need another proof of address. All I have to hand is a letter from the bank refusing a new bank account and refers me to contact the credit beurau for further info.
    Do you reckon this will be sufficient where as it is an official bank letter with my name, address and Bank header or would the details contained in the letter have an effect on my application??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Passport Office aren't going to care if you have a bad credit rating or not, the letter should suffice but they're the only people who will be able to tell you.

• Advertisement

The Passport Office aren't going to care if you have a bad credit rating or not, the letter should suffice but they're the only people who will be able to tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Black out what you don't want them to read

AGC wrote: »
    Black out what you don't want them to read

Thanks AGC. :)
    Was gone in the post by the time I got this but hopefully it will be ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Jocelynel wrote: »
    if you ring zitauto on 00351 289 315559, we find they are usually the cheapest.

Used these before about 3 years ago at New Year

Very good - meet you from the plane and walk you to the car on car park

Still get a Christmas card every year with rate update in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Sent my passport application a few weeks back via Express.

Received on 06/02/2014 and has been registered.
    Issue Date: 19/02/2014

Should have been issued last Wednesday but it's only at the first stage :roll eyes:
    Had to cancel plans due to this, but heads up - you're probably not going to get it back in the advertised 10 days right now if you need it.

And the last turnaround update on the site was "an average of 5/6 days" the day I sent it off. :P

• Advertisement

Should have been issued last Wednesday but it's only at the first stage :roll eyes:
    Had to cancel plans due to this, but heads up - you're probably not going to get it back in the advertised 10 days right now if you need it.

And the last turnaround update on the site was "an average of 5/6 days" the day I sent it off. :P

Mine will be with me on Tuesday morning - If its dublin you applied to the current waiting time is 20 working days, Cork is 10-12 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sue345

This doesnt sound too promising at all!

Mine was registered at the office on the 13th February and is still in the first stages, I'm travelling on Saturday 1st March.

Does anyone know if I go into the office tomorrow with my flight confirmation would they push it along? It says that the issue date should be the 26th which is Wednesday - I would be able to go in and collect it instead of it being posted as well.

They arent answering phones at the moment, wont even let you go on hold!! Don't offer a service if you can't provide it!!

sue345 wrote: »
    This doesnt sound too promising at all!

Mine was registered at the office on the 13th February and is still in the first stages, I'm travelling on Saturday 1st March.

Does anyone know if I go into the office tomorrow with my flight confirmation would they push it along? It says that the issue date should be the 26th which is Wednesday - I would be able to go in and collect it instead of it being posted as well.

They arent answering phones at the moment, wont even let you go on hold!! Don't offer a service if you can't provide it!!

Is it Dublin? It will be 20 working days from what they told me (I was cork). Id imagine they will do it urgently for the fee if you go up. The only reason I couldn't is because it was a first time applicant

Is it Dublin? It will be 20 working days from what they told me (I was cork). Id imagine they will do it urgently for the fee if you go up. The only reason I couldn't is because it was a first time applicant

Thanks for that...

Mine is renewal but one of the girls in work was saying they no longer issue the passports from that office so even though all the information was sent in, it comes from a different place so they mighten be able to do anything for me.

Does anyone know that?

I'm going to try pushing that Wednesday is 10 days as per passport express and see if they can guarantee I'll have it by Friday...Although I'm not going to bank on it :(

Thanks for that...

Mine is renewal but one of the girls in work was saying they no longer issue the passports from that office so even though all the information was sent in, it comes from a different place so they mighten be able to do anything for me.

Does anyone know that?

I'm going to try pushing that Wednesday is 10 days as per passport express and see if they can guarantee I'll have it by Friday...Although I'm not going to bank on it :(

They are printed somewhere in Balbriggan. They do both the Cork and Dublin applicants there.
    I literally had to make countless phonecalls and emails to get it sorted. I got lucky, very lucky - Passport should be here in the morning - printed and all so booked the tickets today to emigrate Monday - Bye Bye Irish government system!!!!

They are printed somewhere in Balbriggan. They do both the Cork and Dublin applicants there.
    I literally had to make countless phonecalls and emails to get it sorted. I got lucky, very lucky - Passport should be here in the morning - printed and all so booked the tickets today to emigrate Monday - Bye Bye Irish government system!!!!

Congrats on both counts :-)

I got a contact email address in the passport office from a friend so hopefully something will work out or my birthday celebrations are off!!

Congrats on both counts :-)

I got a contact email address in the passport office from a friend so hopefully something will work out or my birthday celebrations are off!!

Passport arrived this morning - 11 working days in total including the hiccup in between.
    Theres alot to be said for hounding them with calls and emails ;)

Passport arrived this morning - 11 working days in total including the hiccup in between.
    Theres alot to be said for hounding them with calls and emails ;)

Yeh that's very very true!

Never heard back from that email contact but heard back from customer service today, as the issue date should be tomorrow (26th) the lovely lady said that she can push it through for me if there is still no movement on it then and that someone will contact me when its ready.

Although she wouldn't say that I would have it by Friday :( The OH will not be happy if I cant travel on Saturday morning!!

Does anyone know how long the process takes once they start working on it??

Yeh that's very very true!

Never heard back from that email contact but heard back from customer service today, as the issue date should be tomorrow (26th) the lovely lady said that she can push it through for me if there is still no movement on it then and that someone will contact me when its ready.

Although she wouldn't say that I would have it by Friday :( The OH will not be happy if I cant travel on Saturday morning!!

Does anyone know how long the process takes once they start working on it??

They called me Thursday to start the process but I had to send further details which they got directly on friday, I received it today so I guess 2 working days??
    To be honest it is going to be extremely close for you :/

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Does anyone have a direct number (as in not 021 4944700 or 01 6711633) that they used to get in contact with them?

In a panic now :( Sent off my old passport with the application on the 11th Feb with Express, they received it on the 13th and since then it's been stuck on "received and registered" and we're flying to Paris next Friday. It's been 11 working days since they received it. Tried to call and they've got a recorded message about the high volume of calls. Although if they're not allowing ANY calls to go through and not putting you on hold, I can't understand how that equates to a high volume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

I have booked a weekend to Berlin with some mates and did it weeks ago.

I had to get my passport renewed and sent it away with about 6 weeks befoer the flight so figured no probles (maybe a little naive, but I figured Id have loads of time). Anyway fast foward 3 weeks I get my old passport back; I had forgotten the section 8 signature. I had it resent back within a few hours but there is 3 weeks between getting it sent out and my flight.

Is there anything I can do to get this process fast forwarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

The letter you got should have a direct dial number of the person who sent it to you, send back the form & ring the person after a couple of days & tell them of your travel plans. You should be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 dummycwai

I posted my baby's passport on the 18th , the tracking website has show received and registered on the following day . The issue date is the 4th Tuesday and I'm still on stage one. I paid for express. Will there be a problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Update: Received Wednesday the 26th, a full week after the "issued date" listed on the site. So about 14 working days in total by my reckoning.
    dummycwai wrote: »
    I posted my baby's passport on the 18th , the tracking website has show received and registered on the following day . The issue date is the 4th Tuesday and I'm still on stage one. I paid for express. Will there be a problem ?

Mine stayed on stage one until it was done basically so don't expect many updates there! It didn't come until a week after the issue date listed on the site so if you need soon after the 4th you'd probably want to try to contact them. But if you don't need it you should be fine, the lack of updates isn't a bad thing, it gets through the other stages quick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

I got my passport renewed mid december, I spent a couple of evenings filling in the form, getting the photos done etc. Then I spent half an hour reading through what I had done before I sent it off, using Passport express. I got it back in eight days.

My last passport expired in late december so I lost a couple of weeks on the new one , which bugged me, but I knew I had to travel in january so i swallowed it. There are many things that annoy me about the passport rigmarole, getting a guard to sign off even though they haven't a clue who I am, having to use passport express when my OH works on the South Mall closer to the passport office than the GPO. BUT, it is a very good system, plan ahead, check and double check your application, get your side in order and they will deliver. There will obviously be slippages around holiday time but please leave the panicking for the unexpected travel, like funerals and such.

Passports are very important documents, it is essential that they are issued with due diligence. Sorry that take a bit of time.

Does anyone know if you can, using passport express, direct your application to Cork rather than Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm looking to get my first passport. I'm 18. My name was on my mams so that's what we used to travel l, but I haven't been abroad since I was 12.

This is the same with my brothers. If we want a passport do we have to send my mothers in as well ?

She keeps "saying wait till I can get all 4 I need to send mine in to get use off mine"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm looking to get my first passport. I'm 18. My name was on my mams so that's what we used to travel l, but I haven't been abroad since I was 12.

This is the same with my brothers. If we want a passport do we have to send my mothers in as well ?

She keeps "saying wait till I can get all 4 I need to send mine in to get use off mine"

The only reason you need documentation from your parents is if you were NOT born an Irish citizen and they were.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement