Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 commiegirl21

Hi All,

Has anyone had experience using passport express from the UK?

My passport has been posted yesterday through An Post but when I spoke to the passport office it wasn't clear if the passport was being posted to me or the Embassy in London.

Does anyone know how long it takes from posted to delivery in the UK? I need the passport for travel on Wed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Hi All,

Has anyone had experience using passport express from the UK?

My passport has been posted yesterday through An Post but when I spoke to the passport office it wasn't clear if the passport was being posted to me or the Embassy in London.

Does anyone know how long it takes from posted to delivery in the UK? I need the passport for travel on Wed :(

Díd you drop it into one of the 2 GB post offices which offer the service or did you do it in NI? Did you use a tracked envelope and have you checked tracking?

It was in the Liverpool office. No tracked envelope as I was told it didn't apply to Passport Express :(

I have a tracking number for An Post but it only applies to parcels within Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

panic finally ended this morning when the passport arrived. just checked herself and the wee man in and their flight is at 6 this evening. Thanks be to christ !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rodgered

It was in the Liverpool office. No tracked envelope as I was told it didn't apply to Passport Express :(

I have a tracking number for An Post but it only applies to parcels within Ireland

I applied via Passport Express from Liverpool on 15th of March and there is still nothing with it. Its issue date is today. I emailed the passport office and they emailed back saying they had noted my travel date (today week) and forwarded the email to the London office.

I rang the London office and they informed me that my application was with Dublin not London and couldnt understand why they emailed saying they had sent it to London.

London advised me to ring today but its looking doubtful that I will get it on time.

I applied via Passport Express from Liverpool on 15th of March and there is still nothing with it. Its issue date is today. I emailed the passport office and they emailed back saying they had noted my travel date (today week) and forwarded the email to the London office.

I rang the London office and they informed me that my application was with Dublin not London and couldnt understand why they emailed saying they had sent it to London.

London advised me to ring today but its looking doubtful that I will get it on time.

The passport arrived for me on Friday. So from first showing as being checked to passport in hand was 4 days.

I would advise you call the passport office in Dublin. Explain your situation and get them to expedite it. Worked for me. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Hi all,

I'm flying to Manchester on Friday with Aer Lingus, I lost both my passport and drivers license in a burglary recently and havent been able to get them replaced. My PP application was declined on an unfortunately technicality while the driver license is simply taking forever.

I do have a work ID (HID) that has my name, my picture and my companys brand. According to the AerLingus website this will work, and according to someone I know who works with Aer Lingus ground ops it should work, although it would preferably have an expiry date.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

For the record for anyone interested, I made it to Manchester and back with relative ease, I think it helped that I had an old expired passport with me, I used a little bit of charm too (could have pushed it either way!).

Not a situation I'll let myself be in again.

The passport arrived for me on Friday. So from first showing as being checked to passport in hand was 4 days.

I would advise you call the passport office in Dublin. Explain your situation and get them to expedite it. Worked for me. Good luck

Thanks will try again today. Ive awful hassle getting through to them unfortunately, everytime I ring its due to the large amount of calls etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Applied for my passport a few weeks back, they recieved it on the 19th and its still being checked according to the tracking system but the issue date was the 28th. Anyone know whats up?

• Advertisement

Im having same problem with similar dates. See above .

Does anyone actually ever get through to the Passport Office successfully?

Ive been ringing all day and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

rodgered wrote: »
    Does anyone actually ever get through to the Passport Office successfully?

Ive been ringing all day and nothing.

I emailed the cork office and got a reply straight away (unless you're talking about the Dublin office!)

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes its the Dublin office, only got one reply from email and even then she was incorrect in her response. Been ringing all day. I appreciate its a busy office at a busy time of year but my god.

Sorry to hassle people but can anyone give me some advice on what to do about my passport. Issue date is today and nothing has been done. Can't get through to the office when I ring and no response to emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Issue date on my sons passport is tomorrow but the status is still being registered. We are travelling to the US next week and have to apply for his ESTA

rodgered wrote: »
    Sorry to hassle people but can anyone give me some advice on what to do about my passport. Issue date is today and nothing has been done. Can't get through to the office when I ring and no response to emails.

Any luck today?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Empsey

Hi,

I submitted my passport over three weeks ago and my online status says 'being checked'. The service as per the website says '9-10 working days'. The passport office is not answering the phone or answering emails. I am travelling next week and becoming worried. Can anyone suggest what I can do to get my passport?

Thanks in advance

We fly Thursday of next week. I have been in contact and given our travel dates & mentioned ESTA. They said they would be in contact if there was any delay. If it is not either printed or posted tomorrow I will chase up further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 roccab

Hi guys

I am trying to apply for my Irish Passport , I recently became an Irish Citizen through Naturalisation and one of the requirements on the form was that i need to have an original long form birth certificate , the problem i have is i actually lost my original and have always used a certified copy since i was young ... I have absolutely no clue whatsoever how to go around this because i was not born in Ireland either , can anyone please offer me some advice on how i can approach this ? Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Flying out next Wednesday. Passport due date was 31st March,can't get through to office,anyone else with delayed dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 suezq

Yes, my Issue date is 28 March but still showing as Registered. I sent an email last Tuesday but still haven't had a response! Starting to panic now! What do you do if they don't answer the phone or email????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

suezq wrote: »
    Yes, my Issue date is 28 March but still showing as Registered. I sent an email last Tuesday but still haven't had a response! Starting to panic now! What do you do if they don't answer the phone or email????

Very unusual if that is the case. If there was a problem with the application you should have received correspondence saying what was wrong at this stage.

Send another email. Not ideal, but you need to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 suezq

AGC wrote: »
    Very unusual if that is the case. If there was a problem with the application you should have received correspondence saying what was wrong at this stage.

Send another email. Not ideal, but you need to find out.

Yes, I've sent another email this morning. The first was sent via the 'contact us' on the website. This time I've sent it direct to passportdublin@dfa.ie

Fingers crossed for at least a reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Does anyone know if I have to sign for passport when it arrives via passport express

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pkmckay147

I'm in the same boat - applied almost 3 weeks ago, travelling on 17th April. No updates on website, still at registered status.

Have also emailed and contacted them through the site as well, no response as yet.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement