Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Purdia wrote: »
    Hello, I cannot get any reply from the Passport office, they aren't answering their phones or my emails. I have a concern over my daughter's passport application. It was received on the 2nd July with an issue date of 15 July but the status has not changed at all. It is stil only "registered". Has the passport not been checked yet?

Is it a first time application? Maybe why it is longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Thanks Jaymcg91 - did you have the same problem with the status not changing from registered?

No everything moved from stage to stage perfectly, received it a day early (should have been delivered tomorrow with a Tuesday issuance). Great service from them!

Email them and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Hello, I cannot get any reply from the Passport office, they aren't answering their phones or my emails. I have a concern over my daughter's passport application. It was received on the 2nd July with an issue date of 15 July but the status has not changed at all. It is stil only "registered". Has the passport not been checked yet?

They are answering their phones. You just have to keep trying.

It will probably change the day before it is issued. Applications generally don't get looked at until the day before they are posted out.

Currently they are saying that it takes 10 - 13 working days to process applications.

Is your daughter a first-time applicant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Try and get an appointment and see if you can get an emergency passport, it will cost more and they shouldn't give it to you as it's not a real emergency but it seems like they are doing so at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Minigocko

Applied for a passport today, travelling July 31st, will i get it on time?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I have the very same issue with child's passport. What email address did you use?

Edit, found it: passportdublin@dfa.ie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Minigocko wrote: »

At this stage, it's a gamble. We've been waiting since July 1st. :(

Tabnabs wrote: »
    At this stage, it's a gamble. We've been waiting since July 1st. :(

I applied for the express, it was a massive gamble

Minigocko wrote: »

Unlikely, I'd say. Depends on whether or not you're a first time applicant, and how you applied. I'm assuming you applied via Passport Express, but even still you are cutting it very close.

• Advertisement

I'm 17, so I applied for an under 18 5 year passport, it expired today so I renewed it, and yes I applied through Passport Express, I'm going to send an email today, anything that could possibly help

As it's a renewal, it should be slightly quicker than a first-time applicant. Still cutting it close though. If you have flights booked, I'd be emailing them in and asking the passport office to issue the passport in time for your flights.

Also ask if you can arrange collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Hi I have received my passport back but I have to sign it stupid question I know but I can't sign it with a pen because of the plastic coating what do I sign it with???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is the signature field on your new passport blank?

That strip comes from the form you filled in, the people in the passport office then cut it out and include it on the photo page, the same as happens with a driving licence. It's not intended to be signed after they send you the passport.

If you didn't sign the form properly, they shouldn't have issued you with the passport, neither should the Garda have filled in the form. You're supposed to sign the form in the presence of the Garda in your local station.

The problem you have now is that when you present the passport, they will think that you have deliberately erased the original signature. You need to contact the passport office and get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

lulu1 wrote: »
    Hi I have received my passport back but I have to sign it stupid question I know but I can't sign it with a pen because of the plastic coating what do I sign it with???

You sign the observation page, you'll see a part that says signature.

You sign the observation page, you'll see a part that says signature.

Thanks so much I see it mow

coylemj wrote: »
    Is the signature field on your new passport blank?

That strip comes from the form you filled in, the people in the passport office then cut it out and include it on the photo page, the same as happens with a driving licence. It's not intended to be signed after they send you the passport.

If you didn't sign the form properly, they shouldn't have issued you with the passport, neither should the Garda have filled in the form. You're supposed to sign the form in the presence of the Garda in your local station.

The problem you have now is that when you present the passport, they will think that you have deliberately erased the original signature. You need to contact the passport office and get it sorted.

That was the case with old passports. You still sign the form in the presence of the Gardaí but they don't put your signature on it anymore. You sign on the passport receipt now.

Hi yes I thought the exact same as you this is my second passport so things must have changed . The poster below put me right thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

lulu1 wrote: »
    Hi yes I thought the exact same as you this is my second passport so things must have changed . The poster below put me right thanks a lot

Sorry, my own passport is only two years old so I thought I was up to date on the procedures - obviously not!

coylemj wrote: »
    Sorry, my own passport is only two years old so I thought I was up to date on the procedures - obviously not!

No harm done thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm getting a new one. The Gard only signed two of my photos (name, date, form number). Didn't know anything about a stamp. That probably won't be acceptable, will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Purdia

Hello - is there anyone from the Passport Office on here? I have been tracking my daughter's passport through the website, it was received on the 2nd July, with an issue date of the 15th July. The status has not changed from registered and it is now two days past the issue date. I cannot get through to anyone in the passport office and I have sent email after email with no response. I feel like my daughter's passport has disappeared into a big black hole?
    Help me please if there is an official here.
    My tracking ID is 10341783580

It is not a new passport it is a renewal, thanks to all who asked earlier, I am sorry I didn't see the earlier questions.
    I keep getting the recorded message when I ring about them not being able to take calls. Does anyone have another number for them? I have just sent my 6th email too.

briany wrote: »
    I'm getting a new one. The Gard only signed two of my photos (name, date, form number). Didn't know anything about a stamp. That probably won't be acceptable, will it?

There's a declaration section on the form that you sign, which is witnessed by the garda. There's a bit where I think you must sign within a box, which is the signature that will go in your passport. I can't see how a passport would be valid without a signature...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭briany

Gatica wrote: »
    There's a declaration section on the form that you sign, which is witnessed by the garda. There's a bit where I think you must sign within a box, which is the signature that will go in your passport. I can't see how a passport would be valid without a signature...

:confused:

The form itself is all stamped and signed, it's just that he only signed 2 of the 4 photographs with his name, date and form number. I read, though, that these usually get stamped as well.

Sorry, I had you confused with another poster that didn't have signature on the passport. As far as I remember only 2 of the photos are signed by garda. I had a first time application, 2 photos out of 4 were signed and he put the application number on the back as well. I don't think they are stamped.

briany wrote: »

2 stamped photos is fine. Garda stamp on the form is required as well.

Hello - is there anyone from the Passport Office on here? I have been tracking my daughter's passport through the website, it was received on the 2nd July, with an issue date of the 15th July. The status has not changed from registered and it is now two days past the issue date. I cannot get through to anyone in the passport office and I have sent email after email with no response. I feel like my daughter's passport has disappeared into a big black hole?

It is not a new passport it is a renewal, thanks to all who asked earlier, I am sorry I didn't see the earlier questions.
    I keep getting the recorded message when I ring about them not being able to take calls. Does anyone have another number for them? I have just sent my 6th email too.

Hi,

Passport Express applications appear to be 2 to 3 working days behind. Your daughter's application should be looked at today or tomorrow.

I keep getting the recorded message when I ring about them not being able to take calls. Does anyone have another number for them? I have just sent my 6th email too.[/QUOTE as far as i know a passport must registered then checked then printed once it is checked it wont be long after that

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

You sign the newpassports when they arrive in the post....

• Advertisement

You sign the newpassports when they arrive in the post....

This is correct. Ever since October last year, Irish passports have a new design and your signature is not etched on to the datapage. There is a space provided on the passport book that you have to sign yourself after you collect your passport or receive it in the post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement