Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I have the same message on tracking my passport. "This application could not be processed. A letter outlining the reasons for this decision has been posted to you." I wonder do they keep my documents until I send out the missing one? And hope I don't have to pay 80 euro again.

Your documents should be sent back to you. You don't have to pay again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

russorla wrote: »
    Just wondering does the status only be updated at 07:45, 13:45 and then 19:45??
    Can my status be updated between those times????

Yes, the status of your application on the passport office's system does change between those hours.

marno21 wrote: »
    Heading to Liverpool on the 9th so I hope you're right and I'll get done on the same way :)

Really don't want to do a 16 hour bus journey instead

If you're flying with anyone other than Ryaniar, or if you are travelling by boat, you won't need a passport (Irish citizens travelling within the Common Travel Area don't need to present a passport - but that doesn't prevent an airline from insisting on you producing one to check-in).

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

fxotoole wrote: »
    If you're flying with anyone other than Ryaniar, or if you are travelling by boat, you won't need a passport (Irish citizens travelling within the Common Travel Area don't need to present a passport - but that doesn't prevent an airline from insisting on you producing one to check-in).

You have to be able to prove citizenship though and only way to do that is with passport birth cert or driving licence if it states you were born in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blackbelted

Your documents should be sent back to you. You don't have to pay again.

My application couldn't proceeded because of the photos. I got my home country passport and other documents back, with a free envelope to send the new photos back. Am I right saying that I only need to send the photos, not any other docs?

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

My application couldn't proceeded because of the photos. I got my home country passport and other documents back, with a free envelope to send the new photos back. Am I right saying that I only need to send the photos, not any other docs?

Thanks guys.

You should probably send all the stuff back in. I ask all the people I reject to send all docs back to me in the return envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blackbelted

You should probably send all the stuff back in. I ask all the people I reject to send all docs back to me in the return envelope.

Thanks John, That was not mentioned in the outlining letter about rest of the docs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If my application could not be processed because the Garda didn't stamp the photos (only signed them), can I get them signed by a different garda at the same station/district HQ?

The Garda who witnessed mine isn't on duty til Wednesday but I need to get this sent back fast.

marno21 wrote: »
    If my application could not be processed because the Garda didn't stamp the photos (only signed them), can I get them signed by a different garda at the same station/district HQ?

No, because then the photos weren't signed by the same Garda who witnessed the form. If the photos aren't signed by the same Garda who signed the form, who's to say you really are the person who signed the form in front of the Garda?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

No, because then the photos weren't signed by the same Garda who witnessed the form. If the photos aren't signed by the same Garda who signed the form, who's to say you really are the person who signed the form in front of the Garda?
    Got it sorted in the meantime. Had to fill out a new form but there was none in the envelope so I didn't know until I rang the passport office

Thanks to everyone here over the last few weeks for all the tips too, hope it works now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lee1991

Arrived at the passport office yesterday at 2pm, got my (ten year) passport today at 3pm. Beautiful. Also, I was never asked where I'm traveling or why, just when. So the fact that I'm going on holiday (ie luxury travel, not emergency) wasn't held against me. Passport cost 150 euro.

Maybe I was just incredibly lucky but it seems that if you present yourself, you'll get what you need.

Lucky you :) was this a first time passport or a renewal? And was that 150euro on top of money paid for express passport? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Anyone know how long it takes between Passpot is printed stage and passport is posted.
    My renewal has been at the Printed stage since yesterday morning and was hoping it would be posted today so I have it by Friday to use in case any last minute tempting deals come up for flights over weekend. Checked the tracking just now and its still at passport has been printed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Cheers

Edit: you were on the ball. New passport has been posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tinliz

Hi,
    My wife needs to get her passport renewed at short notice (5 days). It can be done by going to the Passport Office. So we've made an appointment for tomorrow (via an online process).

Does anyone know does she have to attend in person, or can someone else attend in her place (with all the documentation etc.) ?

I've checked passport office FAQs, tried ringing them and also have checked on boards.ie - the question been asked before but not answered.

Any advice appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got one for my kids. They weren't there. Once you have all the necessary documents you should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I wouldn't risk it. Best to send her in. All you need is the person there to say we need to see her in person and your back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

truthfully unless you get an official answer I would advise her to go herself. If you need one at short notice I wouldn't take the risk of it not being given due to her not attending as you may not get another chance to get a passport before leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tinliz

Sorry folks, I see I should have put this item in the 1st sticky in this thread (all passport questions here). Hopefully someone can move it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 lee1991

My advice here is if you need a passport in a hurry go into the office in molesworth street. Staff are extremely helpful and once you explain your situation will do their best to help you. I went Tuesday and was told that my application would be moved to a batch due to be issued friday morning and that I should be able to collect it . Due to travel monday. Bare in mind this was also a first time passport. Got a phonecall this morning to say it should be there a half three. Very helpful bunch of staff!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Hi.I sent my passport application in 2 weeks ago today,so 10 working days.its says on the tracking thing it has been registered,but also says the Issue date to be today.So whats the process from here?Id imagine it wont be posted till the middle of next week at this rate given its to go through the checking,approval,printing and then postage stages?Is that correct?To me the issue date should be the date its posted but cant see that happening so how much longer should it be?Im itching to get a weekend or week away booked in the coming weeks,last minute thing but not going to risk it till I have it in my hand as my application has already been returned once.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

I've tried researching but ended up none the wiser.

My son had an British passport as a child however we've lived in ROI for nearly 15 yrs. He's just about to apply for his first adult one, his father was born in Belfast so does this make him eligible for an irish passport?

kristian12 wrote: »

My son had an British passport as a child however we've lived in ROI for nearly 15 yrs. He's just about to apply for his first adult one, his father was born in Belfast so does this make him eligible for an irish passport?

Where was your son born?

If he was born in the UK (or outside the 32 counties of the island of Ireland), then he is automatically entitled to Irish citizenship on the basis that one of his parents was born on the island of Ireland.

If he was born on the island of Ireland before 2005, he would also have an automatic entitlement to Irish citizenship based on having born on the island of Ireland.

If he was born on the island of Ireland on or after 1/1/2005, he would have an entitlement to Irish citizenship on the basis that he was born on the island of Ireland to a parent who had an entitlement to, or already was, an Irish citizen (his father).

Where and when was your son born?

If he was born in the UK (or outside the 32 counties of the island of Ireland), then he is automatically entitled to Irish citizenship on the basis that one of his parents was born on the island of Ireland.

If he was born on the island of Ireland before 2005, he would also have an automatic entitlement to Irish citizenship based on having born on the island of Ireland.

If he was born on the island of Ireland on or after 1/1/2005, he would have an entitlement to Irish citizenship on the basis that he was born on the island of Ireland to a parent who had an entitlement to, or already was, an Irish citizen (his father).

dbagman wrote: »
    Hi.I sent my passport application in 2 weeks ago today,so 10 working days.its says on the tracking thing it has been registered,but also says the Issue date to be today.So whats the process from here?Id imagine it wont be posted till the middle of next week at this rate given its to go through the checking,approval,printing and then postage stages?Is that correct?To me the issue date should be the date its posted but cant see that happening so how much longer should it be?Im itching to get a weekend or week away booked in the coming weeks,last minute thing but not going to risk it till I have it in my hand as my application has already been returned once.Thanks

The issue by date is a target issue by date, it's not set in stone and it depends on the resources available to the Passport Office.

Renewals are taking about 13 / 14 days, Applications from Northern Ireland and first-time applicants are taking a bit longer.

PM me your application number and I'll see if I can follow this up for you.

Thank you Foxtoole that's very helpful. he was born in England in 1990 so assume then he's automatically entitled to Irish passport. Does it matter he had British one as s child?

Thank you Foxtoole that's very helpful. he was born in England in 1990 so assume then he's automatically entitled to Irish passport. Does it matter he had British one as s child?

Nope doesn't matter. Both the British and Irish authorities recognise dual citizenship, so he doesn't have to renounce his UK citizenship in order to get an Irish passport.

Nope doesn't matter. Both the British and Irish authorities recognise dual citizenship, so he doesn't have to renounce his UK citizenship in order to get an Irish passport.

Brilliant thank you. He'll be even happier as he was asked recently whether he'd be eligible to represent Ireland in a sport he's rather good at :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Brilliant thank you. He'll be even happier as he was asked recently whether he'd be eligible to represent Ireland in a sport he's rather good at :-)

Dibs first autograph!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement