Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

mickdw wrote: »
    Passport only required at check in so must be checked in at this stage.
    I think its going to cost you.

Ah sorry, my mistake, didn't click with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭amerie2010

Ring the airline he booked with they will be able to change it, I made a similar mistake when booking a holiday & put the wrong date of birth for my nephew I rang & they changed it no problem. I didn't cop it till the day I was going to print tickets. As far as I'm aware as long as they haven't checked in they shouldn't be charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

stephen090 wrote: »
    As you do, I've misplaced my passport the week before flying with Ryanair (Friday 16th morning). Will I be able to book an appointment for the "pilot rapid renewal" service online on Monday or Tuesday. Does this mean the passport will be made up and handed to me on the same day?

Thanks for any help!

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/can-i-get-my-passport-today/

Chances are not, maybe the next day, provided you can get an appointment for Monday, and you have proof of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Thanks for the replies,looks like ill have to take the hit,would not mind taking a chance going out but do not want to be stuck coming home boarding and being refused and having to buy a last minute ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Just rang up Ryanair and they went through the check in process changing passport number,said i have to print new boarding pass (did and looks the same),no charge so fair play to them.hope all goes well at airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

ninty wrote: »
    Just rang up Ryanair and they went through the check in process changing passport number,said i have to print new boarding pass (did and looks the same),no charge so fair play to them.hope all goes well at airport

Jesus things really have changed at ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

mickdw wrote: »
    Jesus things really have changed at ryanair.

In fairness to Ryanair (I can't believe I just typed that :rolleyes: ) this place is littered with posts from people freaking out about needing to make a change to the information on a booking, as they made a mistake or left something out, when they made the original booking. They are worried about being hit with big penalties and fees. Nine times out of ten, when they ring up Ryanair, it's no problem at all to make the change. That's been going on long before the new more customer oriented Ryanair policies came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

ProudDUB wrote: »
    If I was the OP, I'd contact the Australian embassy and find out directly from them, if the 6 month thing applies to them. Or just apply for a new passport.

Australian Embassy will just direct them back to the UK authorities. After all it is the UK Entry requirements, not the entry requirements for Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

fxotoole wrote: »
    Australian Embassy will just direct them back to the UK authorities. After all it is the UK Entry requirements, not the entry requirements for Australia.

Actually the Australian embassy in Dublin seems to be staffed with the most helpful Australians on the planet. They would certainly deal with such a query. I couldn't believe some of the low level sh1te they answered tolerantly from a recent visitor I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭cml387

It looks like bad damage, and superglueing it may make it worse because superglue tends to "bloom" out causing a cloud over the repaired bit. There's time still to replace it if you act quickly.And don't try to go the the US with it!

Maybe the second picture is too much information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

cml387 wrote: »
    It looks like bad damage, and superglueing it may make it worse because superglue tends to "bloom" out causing a cloud over the repaired bit. There's time still to replace it if you act quickly.And don't try to go the the US with it!

Maybe the second picture is too much information.

Yes never even noticed in my panic thanks for reminding me.

Such a shame as it was money I was going to use to get her a nice meal over there now wasted on a stupid passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone here paid for the 10 day guaranteed delivery and not gotten it. I am in danger of missing my flight because they say the 10 day delivery is now at 15 days. I was supposed to have the passport today well in advance of my flight, which is why I paid for the guaranteed 10 day delivery, but now I 'might' not have it until next week which is cutting things a bit close for comfort.

In hindsight I should have applied for it much earlier but as I still needed it up until recently. I calculated the time it would take and have given myself a week of extra time but that may not be enough now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone here paid for the 10 day guaranteed delivery and not gotten it. I am in danger of missing my flight because they say the 10 day delivery is now at 15 days. I was supposed to have the passport today well in advance of my flight, which is why I paid for the guaranteed 10 day delivery, but now I 'might' not have it until next week which is cutting things a bit close for comfort.

In hindsight I should have applied for it much earlier but as I still needed it up until recently. I calculated the time it would take and have given myself a week of extra time but that may not be enough now.

You didn't pay for 10 day guaranteed delivery, "passport express" is the default passport application process now, it's actually cheaper than handing the stuff in at a passport office. And it's not guaranteed, in the small print they'll tell you that there may be delays at peak times. When do you fly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

athtrasna wrote: »
    You didn't pay for 10 day guaranteed delivery, "passport express" is the default passport application process now, it's actually cheaper than handing the stuff in at a passport office. And it's not guaranteed, in the small print they'll tell you that there may be delays at peak times. When do you fly?

Also the current turnaround time is 10 working days so if you have not received it I would track it online to see what stage it is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

Hi,

on my passport form I ticked postal order/money order instead of passport express.
    How do I go about paying by money order and is it the same price?

There isn't a way to do that any more, i don't think? It's either passport express for €88 or handing it in at the passport office counter for €95.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    There isn't a way to do that any more, i don't think? It's either passport express for €88 or handing it in at the passport office counter for €95.

The option is still on the form? In that case can I just cross out the X on money order and check the passport express option instead?

SimplyBlue wrote: »
    The option is still on the form? In that case can I just cross out the X on money order and check the passport express option instead?

Yup. If you do passport express you pay at An Post anyway, I assume it'd be processed with the assumption it's paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

SimplyBlue wrote: »
    Hi,

on my passport form I ticked postal order/money order instead of passport express.
    How do I go about paying by money order and is it the same price?

The only option really is passport express. You pay the post office for this. (They may take a money order maybe?)
    The other options are for when you go into the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

DeSelby83 wrote: »

You paid for Passport Express which has a standard estimated turnaround time of 10 working days.
    When peak season arrives (from about February until September) this turnaround time may increase depending on demand.

If you're worried about missing flights send them an e-mail or ring them. Their Customer Care teams can pick it up for you then and/or advise you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Postal Order is still a valid payment type, but only if you are lodging your application via a public counter.

If you intend on applying via the post office (Passport Express), but have ticked Postal Order on the form, I wouldn't worry too much about it - you pay the post office clerk and the Passport Express payment is linked up with your application once it arrives in the Passport Service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Hi guys

My mother in law is heading to Nice for 2 days on Tuesday but only realised that her passport has expired (December 2011).

Will she be able to get an emergency renewal before her flight on Tuesday @ 17:00?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Does she know a minister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Hi guys

My mother in law is heading to Nice for 2 days on Tuesday but only realised that her passport has expired (December 2011).

Will she be able to get an emergency renewal before her flight on Tuesday @ 17:00?

Cheers

Absolutely no chance. They'll only do it for deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Can you not go to passport office anymore and get one there?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

heldel00 wrote: »
    Can you not go to passport office anymore and get one there?

Don't think they'll turn it around in less than two days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Is there a rapid renewal service ? Although it might be only in certain circumstances.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ebbsy wrote: »
    Is there a rapid renewal service ? Although it might be only in certain circumstances.

There is where you pay an additional fee of about 55 euro if you require a passport within five working days.

Emergency passports can be issued in limited circumstances

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/passports/renewing_an_irish_passport.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

It can be done.

I was in the pub at 10pm on a Sunday night with flights at 2pm the next day. Missus found my out of date passport.

I got to a 24hr Garda station, got form signed that night. Was at the passport office the next morning. Go early to beat queue. I was there 30mins before open and still down the line.

My passport pics weren't good enough and had to race to get them professionally done. Got back and got passport finished express. Met missus at airport and off we went.

To sum up, get passport renewal form signed, get professional picture, get to passport office early and tell them your situation. It'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ixus wrote: »
    It can be done.

I was in the pub at 10pm on a Sunday night with flights at 2pm the next day. Missus found my out of date passport.

I got to a 24hr Garda station, got form signed that night. Was at the passport office the next morning. Go early to beat queue. I was there 30mins before open and still down the line.

My passport pics weren't good enough and had to race to get them professionally done. Got back and got passport finished express. Met missus at airport and off we went.

To sum up, get passport renewal form signed, get professional picture, get to passport office early and tell them your situation. It'll be grand.

When was this? Since last summer you need an appointment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement