Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

athtrasna wrote: »
    When was this? Since last summer you need an appointment

Yes they have changed the process no more walk ins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

When was this? Since last summer you need an appointment

Ah right..... A few years ago. Apologies. I would still doorstep if near the office and have the time. Bring flight ticket as proof. They can turn it around in an hour if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Pasting info below from the Passport Office website which implies that booking a flight and then realising that you don't have a valid passport does not constitute grounds for an emergency (same day) application....

Can I get my passport today?

In the case of an emergency situation (the death or serious illness of a family member, or for emergency medical treatment of the applicant) we can issue your passport on the day.

Additionally a Pilot Rapid Renewal service has been introduced in the Passport Office in Molesworth Street, Dublin. This will facilitate where possible and by appointment only, the renewal of a passport for an Adult or Child Travelling in less than 3 working days. This service is available only through the Dublin office. A first time Adult or Child applicant cannot avail of this service.

If you wish to make an appointment for the Rapid Renewal Passport Service visit http://www.passportappointments.ie/

In all other circumstances, it will take a minimum of 3 working days to issue a passport.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/can-i-get-my-passport-today/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Big Whiskey

Ryanair flight but wasn't aware that on her passport she is down as Mary even though we all know her as Marian.

Will this mean she can't travel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Obviously she can't travel under a different name.

Ask Ryanair if they'll change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Obviously she can't travel under a different name.

Ask Ryanair if they'll change it.

Any changes within 48 hours are no bother as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

You'll have to change it. Those are two completely different names.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭johnogog88

Hi.my girlfriend is traveling to kerry friday. She has booked flights with Ryanair.unfortunatley she has lost her passport.anybody any ideas as to how she could fly she has no other forms of i. D except an outdated passport. She has new passport forms filled out and stamped is it to late to apply for a new one? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

Let her make an appointment for Monday morning for the Rapid Renewal service online.
    Let her bring her passport and completed application form and photographs, ánd a copy or her travel arrangements.
    There are no guarantees, but it cán be done and it hás been done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

where is your girlfriend at the moment?

• Advertisement

Zippie84 wrote: »
    where is your girlfriend at the moment?

sorry should have said flights will be from dublin to kerry.

johnogog88 wrote: »
    sorry should have said flights will be from dublin to kerry.

You sure that's with ryanair? Ryanair don't seem to do Dublin to Kerry unless I'm missing something.

Here's the info on accepted ID for domestic ryanair flights, but from searching their available flights, I don't think they do domestic flights in Ireland at the moment, and that may also explain why it doesn't list Ireland on that page.

My best guess would be to double check with her that it's definitely ryanair.

If it's a different airline check their webpages to see what ID will be needed for domestic flghts.

From looking at skyscanner, it only returns aerlingus for Dublin to Kerry flights, so chance are it's them, if so here's the info on their requirements ID wise.

In terms of a new emergency passport, here's the relevant info from the passport website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

There's always the bus or train as well. No id required

There's always the bus or train as well. No id required

Exactly.

The DAA winter timetable say that Aer Lingus is the only airline doing scheduled flights to Kerry. Virtually anything with your photo on it will do for Aer Lingus domestic and UK flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

I presume there'll be a charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

fletch wrote: »
    I presume there'll be a charge?

A girl in work was telling me the same thing happened to her bro in law. To change the name cost more than another flight.

I don't know how true that is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Since the nice Ryanair was introduced a few months ago i dont think you will incur a cost to change it, my sister put in a wrong country for passport and rang up and changed it straight away for free.

Best of luck, ring straight away as if you have to book a new flight it might be cheaper than changing the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/fees/

Half way down it says name change fee of 110 euro. Ring up and say some sob story it might work

thanks everyone for the help.i think she was tryi g to avoid train as she has tickets paid for but looks like the only way now thanks.

• Advertisement

thanks everyone for the help.i think she was tryi g to avoid train as she has tickets paid for but looks like the only way now thanks.

What do you mean by 'the only way'? According to the DAA timetable and the Kerry airport website she is flying with Aer Lingus, nobody else flies there from Dublin.

http://kerryairport.ie/website/flights-from-kerry-airport/timetable/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Mum and sis ordered their passports and the same time with passport express 3 weeks ago. My sisters came today but no sign of my mums- is this normal? They need then for Thursday

anybody know is there a 3 day emergency passport that can be got??thanks

Mum and sis ordered their passports and the same time with passport express 3 weeks ago. My sisters came today but no sign of my mums- is this normal? They need then for Thursday

Yes this is normal. They get processed together until they get to checking stage as they have to be posted out in separate envelopes.
    Maybe they had to rescan the photo on you mums one, or was it randomly selected for an internal security check; either will give a delay of one day.

Good chance it will be there today.

anybody know is there a 3 day emergency passport that can be got??thanks

You can go to passportappointments.ie and book a slot for the Rapid Renewal service (provided you have your old passport in your possession).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Malee wrote: »
    You can go to passportappointments.ie and book a slot for the Rapid Renewal service (provided you have your old passport in your possession).

And providing they are over 18 and haven't had their previous passport lost or stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Treloh

Hi does anyone know the name of this "app" that the new passport id can be downloaded from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

chill.
    the card isnt available till July.
    (Maybe timed to be after the pre summer holiday rush? )

but its now january so of no use to anyone looking for a travel document now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Treloh wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know the name of this "app" that the new passport id can be downloaded from?

You wouldn't download a car.

or a passport card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Hi,

I'm going to Paris next Friday and after checking in the Garda station I might need a new one as mine is a bit damaged.

I seeing it takes 0-5 days for one and is €150 if it's one day late I can't go do they usually get it to you before the 5 days?

Never being under so much stress in my life it's my girlfriends Christmas present possibly ruined she has being looking forward to it so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement