Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Passport renewals x 3 received on 6/5. Been at stage 2 for over 5 working days now. Expected issued date given as 26/5. Do you think there's a problem, would I have heard if they can't move to next stage by now? Or, do they contact you if there's a problem at stage 3? Would rather know sooner than later. Whole process makes me nervous but thinking it's too early to contact them just yet, maybe. Dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Passport renewals x 3 received on 6/5. Been at stage 2 for over 5 working days now. Expected issued date given as 26/5. Do you think there's a problem, would I have heard if they can't move to next stage by now? Or, do they contact you if there's a problem at stage 3? Would rather know sooner than later. Whole process makes me nervous but thinking it's too early to contact them just yet, maybe. Dunno.

They are most probably just sitting in a box waiting to be scanned at the moment. Most applications sit around for a week before anyone looks at them due to the volume of work that's ahead them.

So I should only worry if they're delayed at stage 3 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

You should only worry when it states that the application cannot be processed and that a letter is being sent out to you.
    That means they require more documents.

Checking the application is at the very end of the stages, before this the application is merely being processed but nobody is actually looking at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I think you boys should get some overtime.

Thanks everyone. Photos are only worry for me due to stamp and resultant ink smudges on some of them. Hoping it won't be an issue, that one or more of the 4 will be acceptable and if not the turn-around won't hold me up too long. Will stop panicking and stop guessing.

My passport and the girlfriends target issue date is 19/05. Will we get this for the 02/06? I'll be tweeting like mad on Monday asking for updates. The Twitter account cannot be faulted.

damianmcr wrote: »
    My passport and the girlfriends target issue date is 19/05. Will we get this for the 02/06? I'll be tweeting like mad on Monday asking for updates. The Twitter account cannot be faulted.

They should be looked at in time. Maybe even a bit sooner. If anything wrong there is still enough time to fix what is required.

I hope there's plenty of time.

Ones a lost one and the other is first timer.

• Advertisement

I hope there's plenty of time.

Ones a lost one and the other is first timer.
    You'll have it around the issue date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I applied for Passport for my son a month ago through passport express.
    We (parrents) are both Polish citizens, but as we lived here in Ireland for last 8 years, our son is entitled to Irish passport.
    I submitted all documentation to prove our residency here.
    Their website says, average waiting time is 10 working days.
    However it's been a month now, and still no passport. When I check progress online it says stage 3/6 (which usually lasts up to 4 days) but it's been at that stage for over 2 weeks now.
    I have travel plans next month (tickets purchased, holidays booked, etc) and I'm affraid passport won't come on time.
    I tried contacting passport office, but anytime you ring there, automated message says that they are too busy with calls and can not anwer at the moment.
    I filled in online query form, but got no anwer.
    It all looks kinda like a joke, as I don't know where am I know.
    If there was any problem with documentation I provided I should have been contacted in relation to that, but I wasn't.
    And I can't find out what is happening that passport application takes so long. It's still nearly a month till travel date, but I don't even have any way to find out if passport will be ready or not.
    Initially I applied 2 months in advance which I thought will be plenty.

Have I known there will be so much trouble, I could have applied for Polish passport for him from Polish emassy in Dublin, but now it's too late for that as well.

Any advice what can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

To my knowledge, the passport express service is only for renewing passports. I think the delay could be due to the fact that it's a first application.

macsauce wrote: »
    To my knowledge, the passport express service is only for renewing passports. I think the delay could be due to the fact that it's a first application.

Their website says otherwise.
    They encourage passport express for new applications.

Try contacting them on Twitter. They seem really helpful there.

CiniO wrote: »
    We (parrents) are both Polish citizens, but as we lived here in Ireland for last 8 years, our son is entitled to Irish passport.
    However it's been a month now, and still no passport. When I check progress online it says stage 3/6 (which usually lasts up to 4 days) but it's been at that stage for over 2 weeks now.
    I have travel plans next month (tickets purchased, holidays booked, etc) and I'm affraid passport won't come on time.
    I tried contacting passport office, but anytime you ring there, automated message says that they are too busy with calls and can not anwer at the moment.
    If there was any problem with documentation I provided I should have been contacted in relation to that, but I wasn't.
    And I can't find out what is happening that passport application takes so long. It's still nearly a month till travel date, but I don't even have any way to find out if passport will be ready or not.

Have I known there will be so much trouble, I could have applied for Polish passport for him from Polish emassy in Dublin, but now it's too late for that as well.

First time applications for children born post 2005 can take much longer than the target date, because (a) identity must be established and (b) entitlement to Irish citizenship must be established. Although the average turnaround is around 10 working days, applications for first time post 2005 babies have no set timeframe. They take as long as they take to establish citizenship and identity.

fxotoole wrote: »
    First time applications for children born post 2005 can take much longer than the target date, because (a) identity must be established and (b) entitlement to Irish citizenship must be established. Although the average turnaround is around 10 working days, applications for first time post 2005 babies have no set timeframe. They take as long as they take to establish citizenship and identity.

Thanks for that.
    Is this a quote from DFA website or you just wrote it?

So in short words, I might be waiting for a passport two weeks, a month, 2 months, half a year, a year or whatever - no timeframe. IMO that's bit ridiculous, but well - I should have asked before I applied.

What changed in 2005?

What changed in 2005?

Citizenship legislation became a lot more complicated

So pre 2005 is a breeze then?

Still waiting on two here. Issue date tomorrow eek. Travel in two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

So pre 2005 is a breeze then?

Still waiting on two here. Issue date tomorrow eek. Travel in two weeks.

On my application it says "Target issue date: 14/05/2015" but passport is still at stage 3/6

At least yours is at Stage 3. The two I am waiting on a pretty 2005 so hopefully are fairly straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kiii

HI all-Hoping to book a last minute deal for 1 week family in the sun and want to go either 2nd week of August or if that doesn't work to go in October- does anyone have any idea of the average prices for late deals in August or will they be sky high as of now? Thanks

Applications in which the citizenship of parents not born in Ireland in relation to a child which was born in Ireland needs to be checked are dealt with by a separate team. These applications take approximately 20-25 working days because of all the checks involved.

What changed in 2005?

There was a citizenship referendum in 2004. Prior to Jan 1st 2005 everyone born on the island of Ireland was automatically entitled to Irish citizenship. The referendum changed that as there was a feeling it was being abused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

There was a citizenship referendum in 2004. Prior to Jan 1st 2005 everyone born on the island of Ireland was automatically entitled to Irish citizenship. The referendum changed that as there was a feeling it was being abused.
    Well that's fair enough.

Still at stage 2 :-(

Malee wrote: »
    Applications in which the citizenship of parents not born in Ireland in relation to a child which was born in Ireland needs to be checked are dealt with by a separate team. These applications take approximately 20-25 working days because of all the checks involved.

Is this information available anywhere on dfa or passport website?

• Advertisement

Is this information available anywhere on dfa or passport website?

Did you include any documents helping to prove how long you've been in Ireland before you're child's birth? P60s etc. You will have to have done a Form A as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement