Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

^^^ I am going to say Thanks! Thanks to all involved. I have never had any issues with passports through the years, either my own or when assisting others to apply for their own, even the Emergency Passports for someone who needed to travel for a funeral! Just Amazing work done.

I am also going to say, lets leave this right here now :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

Hi Guys,

I sent away my passport yesterday (travelling on the 24th, so time wise I should be okay).

The passport cracked. I told the garda this but he did not fill in section 6. (I can't tell if he was just disinterested and forgot or just didn't think he needed to). I noticed when back at the post office and she said as long as the damaged passport is present I don't need to get that section witnessed.

Reading through the DFA site when I got home has got me anxious about that now..

Does anyone know if this will cause a hiccup in the process? (Which I can't really afford!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hi guys,
    Was due to have an interview in france on the 27th. So Sent passport off yesterday, received today and said would be issued on the 19th... All grand..

Company in France rang today and said interview has to be moved to the 19th!.. I'm sure ye can see my issue..

Is there any way i can go to cork.and maybe collect it the day befoe i travel and have it got, or am i doomed....

Like I'm booking flights and everything now..

I tried to change interview and was told its then or never..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

whitneytfc wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I sent away my passport yesterday (travelling on the 24th, so time wise I should be okay).

The passport cracked. I told the garda this but he did not fill in section 6. (I can't tell if he was just disinterested and forgot or just didn't think he needed to). I noticed when back at the post office and she said as long as the damaged passport is present I don't need to get that section witnessed.

Reading through the DFA site when I got home has got me anxious about that now..

Does anyone know if this will cause a hiccup in the process? (Which I can't really afford!)

If you post back your passport you will not need to complete Section 6. It does mention damaged, but Section 6 is only required if a previous passport is not returned.

You should be fine!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Was due to have an interview in france on the 27th. So Sent passport off yesterday, received today and said would be issued on the 19th... All grand..

Company in France rang today and said interview has to be moved to the 19th!.. I'm sure ye can see my issue..

Is there any way i can go to cork.and maybe collect it the day befoe i travel and have it got, or am i doomed....

Get on to the Passport Office via e-mail, phone, Twitter etc and send/attach your Proof of Travel. The Customer Care section will pick it up then and make sure you get your passport in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Malee wrote: »
    Get on to the Passport Office via e-mail, phone, Twitter etc and send/attach your Proof of Travel. The Customer Care section will pick it up then and make sure you get your passport in time.

Even though I've sent it by passport express?..

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Even though I've sent it by passport express?..

Thank you.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Graceoleary

Hi all! Just a quick update! I was on here last saturday stressing out as I am flying on the early on the 22nd of June (Monday) and my target issue date was 18th June (Thursday) and I was worried it wouldn't get to me in time as I live in London. I rang the passport office on Tuesday and asked could I collect it from the London embassy on the 19th. He said he'd make a note on the system that if it was ready by the 18th I could do that. So I was just sitting back and waiting and praying really.

THE POSTMAN ARRIVED WITH MY BRAND SPANKING NEW PASSPORT THISMORNING!!! 10 days after I applied and a whole 18 days before my "target issue date"!!!

IRISH PASSPORT OFFICE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Hi guys,

If you have anything in writing regarding the job offer, send it in to the email address on the form or raise it with them via Twitter and it will certainly help your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bosco69

Hi guys,

Looking to travel on the 18th of June, applied for passport renewal on May 28th, application received on May 29th and given a target issue date of June 19th.

Anything I can do to speed up the process?

I tweeted the PP office yesterday just before half four, but am guessing they had finished answering tweets for the long weekend, so don't expect a reply until Tuesday.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Bosco69 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking to travel on the 18th of June, applied for passport renewal on May 28th, application received on May 29th and given a target issue date of June 19th.

I tweeted the PP office yesterday just before half four, but am guessing they had finished answering tweets for the long weekend, so don't expect a reply until Tuesday.

Thanks

Your passport may be issued in time for travel, but it depends on the type of the application, and where you sent it in from. Is it a renewal, first time, or to replace a lost/stolen passport? Also did you apply within the Republic or Northern Ireland?

fxotoole wrote: »
    Your passport may be issued in time for travel, but it depends on the type of the application, and where you sent it in from. Is it a renewal, first time, or to replace a lost/stolen passport? Also did you apply within the Republic or Northern Ireland?

It is a renewal. Sent from Co. Dublin to the Dublin office.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ryanair currently have a BankHolier sale going on ... details can be found here :)

Hi all! Just a quick update! I was on here last saturday stressing out as I am flying on the early on the 22nd of June (Monday) and my target issue date was 18th June (Thursday) and I was worried it wouldn't get to me in time as I live in London. I rang the passport office on Tuesday and asked could I collect it from the London embassy on the 19th. He said he'd make a note on the system that if it was ready by the 18th I could do that. So I was just sitting back and waiting and praying really.

THE POSTMAN ARRIVED WITH MY BRAND SPANKING NEW PASSPORT THISMORNING!!! 10 days after I applied and a whole 18 days before my "target issue date"!!!

IRISH PASSPORT OFFICE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
    Happy days!:)

It is a renewal. Sent from Co. Dublin to the Dublin office.

You should be grand, so. Renewals are taking about 10 working days at the moment.

fxotoole wrote: »
    You should be grand, so. Renewals are taking about 10 working days at the moment.

Yeah I had read 10 days somewhere, just found it alarming when the expected issue date was stated as the 19th of June ???

Yeah I had read 10 days somewhere, just found it alarming when the expected issue date was stated as the 19th of June ???

That's to cover for peak times, but at this moment the Dublin office is well on target for the majority of applications. (This does not include exceptions).

OK, thanks guys for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FriendlyBook

Hi guys, was hoping for some advice on a messed up application! (On mobile so apologies for any formatting mistakes).

It's my first adult passport (have had 3 or so child passports). Applied through Passport Express on Monday 25th May, has been in stage 1 "registered and received" ever since with a target issue date of the 16th June.

The problem is that we're flying to Amsterdam on the 17th of June, it was a surprise trip - hence the last minute passport application. But I realised today that I royally messed up on the application! Threw in the application whike running to work, wasn't concentrating. Sent in only 2 signed photos instead of 4, photocopy of college ID, completed form, bank statement for proof of address, long birth cert (it had red stamps on it, does that mean it's a copy?), and the old passport.

Realistically my application will be rejected because of the photos and birth cert, and I won't have any chance of reapplying in time.

The old passport that I sent in isn't out of date until mid-July. Is there a chance I can cancel the application and get the passport back and use that?

I know this is my own fault, and I'm not expecting sympathy but it was my first time applying on my own and it'll be my first holiday without my parents. This whole thing has been so stressful, I'm so annoyed at my stupidity. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Graceoleary

Hi guys,

Thanks

Just wanna spread some optimism, my target issue date was the 18th of June, and I received my passport this morning. It was actually issued on the 28th of May. So it was wayyyy early. And I live in London.

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Hi guys, was hoping for some advice on a messed up application! (On mobile so apologies for any formatting mistakes).

It's my first adult passport (have had 3 or so child passports). Applied through Passport Express on Monday 25th May, has been in stage 1 "registered and received" ever since with a target issue date of the 16th June.

The problem is that we're flying to Amsterdam on the 17th of June, it was a surprise trip - hence the last minute passport application. But I realised today that I royally messed up on the application! Threw in the application whike running to work, wasn't concentrating. Sent in only 2 signed photos instead of 4, photocopy of college ID, completed form, bank statement for proof of address, long birth cert (it had red stamps on it, does that mean it's a copy?), and the old passport.

Realistically my application will be rejected because of the photos and birth cert, and I won't have any chance of reapplying in time.

The old passport that I sent in isn't out of date until mid-July. Is there a chance I can cancel the application and get the passport back and use that?

I know this is my own fault, and I'm not expecting sympathy but it was my first time applying on my own and it'll be my first holiday without my parents. This whole thing has been so stressful, I'm so annoyed at my stupidity. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

You are renewing a passport and have posted in your most recent passport. Therefore you are not a first time applicant! (Regardless that it will be your first time adult passport).
    So no documents are required at all.

On the photographs, how many did you send in in total? As long as there is a minimum of one signed and another that can be used for the photo on the passport you should be fine.

And yes, you can (and will) always receive your old passport back uncancelled when it's still in date if your current application needs some more work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FriendlyBook

Malee wrote: »
    You are renewing a passport and have posted in your most recent passport. Therefore you are not a first time applicant! (Regardless that it will be your first time adult passport).
    So no documents are required at all.

On the photographs, how many did you send in in total? As long as there is a minimum of one signed and another that can be used for the photo on the passport you should be fine.

And yes, you can (and will) always receive your old passport back uncancelled when it's still in date if your current application needs some more work.

I sent in 2 photos, both signed and stamped by Gardai! Have 2 more identical ones unstamped that I can send if needed.

What would you recommend I do next? Have emailed and tweeted, but no hope of a response over a bank holiday. I can call into the Cork office first thing on Tuesday?

Malee you are an absolute livesaver! If I can travel on the old passport I will cry with happiness! Thank you so much!

I sent in 2 photos, both signed and stamped by Gardai! Have 2 more identical ones unstamped that I can send if needed.

What would you recommend I do next? Have emailed and tweeted, but no hope of a response over a bank holiday. I can call into the Cork office first thing on Tuesday?

Malee you are an absolute livesaver! If I can travel on the old passport I will cry with happiness! Thank you so much!

If you can get them to be aware that you are travelling the 17th then you don't need to worry. If they can approve your passport they will, and if they can't for whatever reason they will reject the application but send your old passport back as-is. You can then renew it with whatever else they require when you come back.
    No need to panic! Just make them aware of your travel plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

hiya guys,

I was just wondering what is the situation in regards to another person picking up my passport if i'm unable to go to the office in Dublin. Myself and the family are going on holidays in two weeks but it looks like we'll have to head up to Dublin to get our passport's as the passport tracker is saying that we won't get it until the day after we're meant to leave. If i'm unable to head up, can my partner go in my place or do I have to personally attend ?

Thanks

j_mo wrote: »
    hiya guys,

I was just wondering what is the situation in regards to another person picking up my passport if i'm unable to go to the office in Dublin. Myself and the family are going on holidays in two weeks but it looks like we'll have to head up to Dublin to get our passport's as the passport tracker is saying that we won't get it until the day after we're meant to leave. If i'm unable to head up, can my partner go in my place or do I have to personally attend ?

Thanks
    Handwritten letter by you for your partner stating they can pick it up on your behalf. Your partner will need to bring photo id with them.

Handwritten letter by you for your partner stating they can pick it up on your behalf. Your partner will need to bring photo id with them.

Hiya bignipper, I would have to give her my identification to show them?

Hiya bignipper, I would have to give her my identification to show them?

No, she needs her own ID. Plus a letter from you saying it's ok to pick yours up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Wife applied for a passport for our son. She originally handed in her own Polish passport with the application but was subsequently told to submit my passport (I am irish). Anyhow we received our sons passport in the post along with mine but they seem to have misplaced my wife's. What's the best way to follow this up? Wife rang them up and the person she dealt with said she'd pass on the message but I have a feeling it will go nowhere. Is the best way to make an appointment with the passport office or is there a dedicated line she can call?

No, she needs her own ID. Plus a letter from you saying it's ok to pick yours up.

Are you sure on this? Sorry, it's not that I don't trust you but she'll have to come up from pretty fast away and I just want to make sure everything is ok.

• Advertisement

Are you sure on this? Sorry, it's not that I don't trust you but she'll have to come up from pretty fast away and I just want to make sure everything is ok.

I'm 100% on it. Call customer care and tell them you want to change your passport to collection and give them the name of the person that will be picking it up. They can make a note of it on your file. The person you want to collect it just turns up with a letter from you saying it's ok and they'll hand over the passport at the counter.

If you submit your proof of travel to customer care they'll probably get your passport done for you a bit earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement