Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Wife applied for a passport for our son. She originally handed in her own Polish passport with the application but was subsequently told to submit my passport (I am irish). Anyhow we received our sons passport in the post along with mine but they seem to have misplaced my wife's. What's the best way to follow this up? Wife rang them up and the person she dealt with said she'd pass on the message but I have a feeling it will go nowhere. Is the best way to make an appointment with the passport office or is there a dedicated line she can call?

Email address and phone number are on the back of the guidance notes that come with the form. Alternatively, you can contact them on Twitter @passportirl

If she's already rang then I'm sure it's being dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

j_mo wrote: »
    Are you sure on this? Sorry, it's not that I don't trust you but she'll have to come up from pretty fast away and I just want to make sure everything is ok.

If you give her a letter from yourself, with her name in it and your signature and name, and she brings her own Photo ID, she will be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Malee wrote:
    If you give her a letter from yourself, with her name in it and your signature and name, and she brings her own Photo ID, she will be fine!

I'm 100% on it. Call customer care and tell them you want to change your passport to collection and give them the name of the person that will be picking it up. They can make a note of it on your file. The person you want to collect it just turns up with a letter from you saying it's ok and they'll hand over the passport at the counter.

Thanks for that guy's. I'll get the letter sorted out. Thanks for all your assistance ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Posted off wife and son's application 13/05/15, website said they received them 14/05/15, gave a target issue date of 4/06/15, they both arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

hi we have applied for our children passports one is renewal and one is new for the baby we applied on 25 june received on 26 and issue date on tracking it says 16th june and we are flying on that day, we have already booked tickets and they are very costly we will lose all our money in holiday and ticket we sent twitter also but they are saying it wont be possible to get before 16 , we saw lots of people being offered help there, but nothing coming on our way. What to do next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 paul26

Hi all

I'm due to fly next week 10th. The guy from passport office rang me today and advised I need to send more documentation. He said it will be out on time if I get the doc's sent in ASAP. Do you need to post them or can you drop them on yourself I love close to passport office so would be handy, any body ever do this?

paul26 wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm due to fly next week 10th. The guy from passport office rang me today and advised I need to send more documentation. He said it will be out on time if I get the doc's sent in ASAP. Do you need to post them or can you drop them on yourself I love close to passport office so would be handy, any body ever do this?

If you mean the one in Molesworth Street, Dublin or Cork then you can drop it in and ask for the docs to be forwarded to the person dealing with your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

lovehathi wrote: »
    hi we have applied for our children passports one is renewal and one is new for the baby we applied on 25 june received on 26 and issue date on tracking it says 16th june and we are flying on that day, we have already booked tickets and they are very costly we will lose all our money in holiday and ticket we sent twitter also but they are saying it wont be possible to get before 16 , we saw lots of people being offered help there, but nothing coming on our way. What to do next

Maybe there's something about your case that makes matters more complex. Are both of the baby's parents Citizens of EEA States or is at least one of them an Irish citizen?

If the official Twitter account has said that it won't be possible, then I'm afraid you are unlikely to get a different response here.

All requests for having a passport in time are forwarded to Customer Care. Your request will be no different.
    What may be the case is that the 16th is two weeks away, so not really urgent at this point in time. If I were you I would try again next week.

fxotoole wrote: »
    Maybe there's something about your case that makes matters more complex. Are both of the baby's parents Citizens of EEA States or is at least one of them an Irish citizen?

If the official Twitter account has said that it won't be possible, then I'm afraid you are unlikely to get a different response here.
    Hi thanks for the reply but we both have Irish citizenship and have Irish passport

• Advertisement

Malee wrote: »
    All requests for having a passport in time are forwarded to Customer Care. Your request will be no different.
    What may be the case is that the 16th is two weeks away, so not really urgent at this point in time. If I were you I would try again next week.
    We booked an appointment at mole worth street. Can they help when we visit them in personal
    THanks

We booked an appointment at mole worth street. Can they help when we visit them in personal
    THanks

I'm afraid not as your application is already in the system. They may take the Proof of Travel off you and forward that to Customer Care.
    I'm sure it's picked up for you, but as it is another two weeks away they are really not going to give you a 4 day turn-around, so it will just run it's course until a couple of days before your travel date.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

fxotoole wrote: »
    Email address and phone number are on the back of the guidance notes that come with the form. Alternatively, you can contact them on Twitter @passportirl

If she's already rang then I'm sure it's being dealt with.

No joy so far. She called emailed and dropped in. She was promised a call on Tuesday -apparently they were working on it...but she didn't receive a call yet. Any other avenues she can pursue as she is due to fly out in a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alvy87

Hi I just had my passport photos witnessed and the garda stamp is going across the two photos rather than one on each. I assume this is ok? I don't want to have it rejected for something silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

My sister applied for a passport for her child about three weeks ago. Their holiday is booked for Monday week. She got an email earlier saying that there's a problem with the application and that that paperwork was being sent back out to her today. I assume that when she sends it back it simply re-nters the system at the beginning, meaning it could take another few weeks. That's going to take too long. What are her options? I've heard of people getting a passport in one day, but is that not just for serious emergencies, like deaths, etc. By the way, I know it was stupid of her to book a holiday without first securing a passport, but that can't be changed now. Thanks.

No joy so far. She called emailed and dropped in. She was promised a call on Tuesday -apparently they were working on it...but she didn't receive a call yet. Any other avenues she can pursue as she is due to fly out in a few weeks?

If she is not travelling in the next couple of days her application will keep running it's normal course, and will probably be done normally before she travels.

Alvy87 wrote: »
    Hi I just had my passport photos witnessed and the garda stamp is going across the two photos rather than one on each. I assume this is ok? I don't want to have it rejected for something silly.

That is fine.

My sister applied for a passport for her child about three weeks ago. Their holiday is booked for Monday week. She got an email earlier saying that there's a problem with the application and that that paperwork was being sent back out to her today. I assume that when she sends it back it simply re-nters the system at the beginning, meaning it could take another few weeks. That's going to take too long. What are her options? I've heard of people getting a passport in one day, but is that not just for serious emergencies, like deaths, etc. By the way, I know it was stupid of her to book a holiday without first securing a passport, but that can't be changed now. Thanks.

If she received an e-mail or a letter tomorrow, good chance there are contact details of the person checking the application present. She can reply or ring and send in a copy of her travel plans.
    The return applications take appx one week, but if the person who is checking the application is aware of her travel plans (s)he can keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

If she received an e-mail or a letter tomorrow, good chance there are contact details of the person checking the application present. She can reply or ring and send in a copy of her travel plans.
    The return applications take appx one week, but if the person who is checking the application is aware of her travel plans (s)he can keep an eye out.

That's great. Thanks!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

If she is not travelling in the next couple of days her application will keep running it's normal course, and will probably be done normally before she travels.

The application was for our sons passport. We received that in the post but they had subsequently lost my wife's passport. She went into another office yesterday and as it turns out the had lost the entire file including her passport and my son's birth cert. They were a lot more helpful This time and we got a call last night that they found everything and it's in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Just received my daughters passport, they had given us a target date of 10/6/2015, we got it 5 days earlier than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

My passport renewal application was received by the passport office on the 25th May and has been stuck on stage 2 of 6 since the 26th. I'm unable to get through to either Dublin of Cork passport offices and they don't reply to e-mails. Has anyone else had issues with them lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 theresa400

Hi
    Wonder can someone help me please?
    In a bit of bother...Have applied for the renewal of my daughters passport. My passport is in my maiden name with my married name so that is what I put on the application form .Of course when I checked information after I sent it in by passport express they want the name on my daughters birth cert which is my married name only. It is at stage 2 at the moment. Will it be sent back do you think?????

theresa400 wrote: »
    Hi
    In a bit of bother...Have applied for the renewal of my daughters passport. My passport is in my maiden name with my married name so that is what I put on the application form .Of course when I checked information after I sent it in by passport express they want the name on my daughters birth cert which is my married name only. It is at stage 2 at the moment. Will it be sent back do you think?????

Do you mean the name you used to sign consent of parent/guardian? Don't the birth certs usually have both married and maiden name of mother on them, if they mention to the registrar they are married?

My passport renewal application was received by the passport office on the 25th May and has been stuck on stage 2 of 6 since the 26th. I'm unable to get through to either Dublin of Cork passport offices and they don't reply to e-mails. Has anyone else had issues with them lately?

All passport applications go through various stages of registration, scanning and then waiting to be checked which takes up the majority of the time. This is Stage 2. Only when it lands on someone's desk is it looked at, and stages 2 to 6 can be achieved in one day then.
    Keep an eye on it closer to the prospected issue date.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Hi can somebody advise me please. Iv a holiday booked for the family on the 18th of June. I applied for passports through passport express , applications received today 5th June, 2 renewals and 4 first time. The 18th is day 10, will I have them on time if I arrange to collect them on the day of our flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

jackie1974 wrote: »
    Hi can somebody advise me please. Iv a holiday booked for the family on the 18th of June. I applied for passports through passport express , applications received today 5th June, 2 renewals and 4 first time. The 18th is day 10, will I have them on time if I arrange to collect them on the day of our flight.
    For the week ending 3 June, Passport Express services are taking, on average, 12/13 working days to process for first time applicants or for those who have lost or had their passports stolen. Renewal applications are taking, on average, 10/11 working days.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/passport-express/current-turnaround-times/

Probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

theresa400 wrote: »
    Hi

If you were married when your child was born, your maiden and married names should be on your child's birth cert. In that case you can sign either name on the consent.

If you got married since your child was born and signed the consent in your married name, the application will probably be rejected for your marriage cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 theresa400

If you were married when your child was born, your maiden and married names should be on your child's birth cert. In that case you can sign either name on the consent.

If you got married since your child was born and signed the consent in your married name, the application will probably be rejected for your marriage cert.

Thanks for that....was married when my daughter was born so hopefully that will be ok...have sent away for my marriage cert anyway just in case

Thanks again x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement