Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

Anyone else told to go collect the passport on the 21st of this month?
    Passport application was recieved on the 29/04 and I made the application in person, and was told to come down and collect it in Cork on the 21st of this month..
    Obviously there will be no guarantee it will be ready but has anyone else got told this?
    Also, the status is still the exact same..
    Due to fly out on Tuesday the 25th :o

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Posted on the 13th of April
    Received today, 18th of May

= 25 days (including the day I posted it and today. )

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Redbollock

CORK?
    i thought they got printed in balbriggan

Redbollock wrote: »
    CORK?
    i thought they got printed in balbriggan

The Cork PPO deal with applications from Munster.

I'm from leinster and they are dealing with my application I'm even due to collect it from their office on friday

• Advertisement

Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    I'm from leinster and they are dealing with my application I'm even due to collect it from their office on friday

Did you apply in person in Cork or just send it down to Cork in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Hi,
    Just wondering if you were keeping an eye on the status of the application online.
    My application is at the very first status (registered) for the last 17 working days. It still has to go through statuses "checked", "approved" , "printed" and "posted" according to the Foreign Affairs website.
    Just wondering if you know what sort of time scale it took your application to go through these stages as I'm starting to get concerned?

Thanks,
    Sean

My brothers passport status didnt change from "registered" until the last day when it changed to being in the post and a tracking number was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 juon

Hi there, my application was marked received on the 22nd April, that status has never changed, and still no news of the passport? I dont know what to do as its for my toddler child, and we are booked to travel out in a few weeks, June 6th, Im getting very anxious as everything is paid for and all non-refundable??

Ay tips or advice on what i should do? All emails so far have been ignored.....?

juon wrote: »
    Hi there, my application was marked received on the 22nd April, that status has never changed, and still no news of the passport? I dont know what to do as its for my toddler child, and we are booked to travel out in a few weeks, June 6th, Im getting very anxious as everything is paid for and all non-refundable??

Ay tips or advice on what i should do? All emails so far have been ignored.....?

If you go by the length of time it took my application you should get the passport by the 28th of May provided all is in order and the photo's are ok.

My application status did not change from "received and registered" to "being checked" until a day or two before the passport was printed and posted

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Did you apply in person in Cork or just send it down to Cork in the post?

in person

• Advertisement

Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    in person

So you where in Munster at the time?

If you apply in person in Cork your application is dealt with in Munster. If you post your application to Cork from an address outside Munster they will simply forward it to Balbriggan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 queencurragh

juon wrote: »

I was waiting for my passport for my 3 year old, we are travelling on 10th of June. I emailed with a copy of my receipt with the departure date highlighted. got an email back within a couple of hours and told me that my application will be checked within the week. Got it in the post yesterday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah it would appear to be the case that if you contact them and inform them that your need is urgent they'll try get it done - I got my phone call back from them less than an hour after I'd called and my situation had changed from "its more likely than unlikely you'll have it but we can't guarantee anything" [1st call to them] to "would you like it to be sent to your home address anyway cos it'll still arrive in time?" [returned call from them] in less than an hour. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bailey18

just called the ppo to try to find out if i would have my sons passport by next fri [21 working days]. travelling sun 30th. the guy i got through to wasn't very helpful. he didn't ask for my sons name or dob. he said he put the passport down to be collected next fri but that he couldn't guarantee it would be ready which leaves me even more worried! still no answer to my e mails

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Case study ends. :)

Went in and collected it today; 22 working days.

Good luck to anyone with a current/future application.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭buttonsflyie

Well got through today twice.

First time about 2:35 only holding for 20mins. Spoke to Michael who put me on hold twice and then could not find anything. He said he would have to call me back. I asked if possible can he call me back soon so I know if I need to go in there tomorrow and talk face to face. I let over an hour pass still no call back. Phoned back at 15.53 got through 7 mins later told that if Michael was passing it on the issuing office would have my details and they would call me back. They go through there lists and call everyone back. Still waiting on a call. Will see how it goes.

I am starting to get miffed so I have Blair Horan' mobile number and going to ask him whats going on and why is my passport not able to be processed in a timely manner.

Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Passport arrived today! Used Passport Express on 22nd April, listed as "Received" on the website since 23rd April, then changed to "Printed" on 16th April (strange, cos that was a Sunday).

Took 18 working days in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Applied for my passport on 12/04 and shown received on 13/04. Received a letter on 15/05 re a problem with photos (Glare/flash showing on my glasses).

I returned new photos directly to their office in balbriggan on monday and the passport is shown today as printed.

Well checked the website last night. I sent it via express on the 7th of May and showing yesterday as registered on the 19.05.10. That was the update at 18:45 this morning no phone call and no further update at 7:45 this morning.

I will give them until 11am this morning to call me back! If no I will have to callt hem.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Come August id like to fly from Kerry Airport, Ireland to either Luton or Stansted Airports, With Ryanair.

Can i do this without a Passport, could i use my Drivers License?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No. Ryanair require a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Ryanair require a passport, unless you have a national ID card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Passport sent 23rd April, registered as received on the 27th April.

Still no change as of today.

Due to fly out to US for a conference next weekend (29th)

Ringing gets me the usual ' Im sorry our phones are busy' (aka not on)

No responses from emails.

getting angry

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gave my forms and all to my aunty(she works in there) last Wednesday amd mine arrived in the post today. :)

Well mine is still ongoing will type long reply later on or tomorrow when I have cooled down. Looks like I am staying in Dublin next week.

Billy.fish - ring them yours should be ready to go as some that were done before a certain date are ok and ready to be collected so persist with called keep pressing redial you should get through.

Fingers crossed will be back on later or tomorrow to give you my saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Johner wrote: »
    Gave my forms and all to my aunty(she works in there) last Wednesday amd mine arrived in the post today. :)

Nothing like a bit of corruption in the Irish public service..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

Has anyone recently applied for passport through An Post Express and if so can they confirm how many working days is it actually - icon9.gif

Yesterday it had up to 22 working days - today it's 25 !!

Anyone know how do you arrange to collect it rather than them posting it back if you are right up against the date

Like another post I recently only became aware that there is still a problem - I thought it was all sorted - I really wish the unions would either stike or not as the only ones they are currently causing problems for it the public and it's dragging on and on and on and on

Seems to the only way to get it done. Glad you have a contact to get yours done. You can have my ticket for Tuesday!!!

Even the leader of this country has no say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Johner wrote: »

And thats why the people in there should all be kicked out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement