Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mariebkelly

I posted both my sons passports together for renewal with passport express. My yungest sons is showing posted and I have a tracking number for Anpost. My eldest sons showed stage 3 of 6 yesterday, but today its showing 2 of 6!!!!!
    Would they not post the two together?
    Is there something wrong with my eldests?
    How do you know if there is a problem, does it tell you when you track?
    How can it go from stage 3 of 6 to 2 of 6???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

I posted both my sons passports together for renewal with passport express. My yungest sons is showing posted and I have a tracking number for Anpost. My eldest sons showed stage 3 of 6 yesterday, but today its showing 2 of 6!!!!!
    Would they not post the two together?
    Is there something wrong with my eldests?
    How do you know if there is a problem, does it tell you when you track?
    How can it go from stage 3 of 6 to 2 of 6???

Stage 2: Scanning
    Stage 3: being examined by a human

If the application is at stage 3 and the human operator notices something wrong or missing (e.g. Documents not scanned in, smudge on photo when application was scanned, etc), the application would have to be sent back to be rescanned. Hence you see the application move back from stage 3 to stage 2. It should start moving quickly as it is now being examined by a human, who has noticed something wrong that needed to be rectified by rescanning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pipitypippip

have my childrens passports sent in 3 weeks now there showing on stage 3 since today,traveling on Saturday so have app to get mine own tomorrow through the rapid renewal process,would they issue my childrens also tomorrow don't mind paying the extra if have to,couldnt make it up earlier as baby was in hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dottyireland

Call the station and ask when that particular guard is working again and go down to them. If it's an Irish licence there shouldn't be a problem with them certifying it.

I went to the station today the gaurd told me that they will not certify the copy of my driving licence as she was under no obligation to do so even after I explained I urgently needed them to do so and basically told me to sling my hook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I went to the station today the gaurd told me that they will not certify the copy of my driving licence as she was under no obligation to do so even after I explained I urgently needed them to do so and basically told me to sling my hook

Typical bástard guards.

• Advertisement

have my childrens passports sent in 3 weeks now there showing on stage 3 since today,traveling on Saturday so have app to get mine own tomorrow through the rapid renewal process,would they issue my childrens also tomorrow don't mind paying the extra if have to,couldnt make it up earlier as baby was in hospital?

Totally depends on whether the kids' applications are in order. They're with a checker now so shouldn't be too long assuming all paperwork is ok. You can ask at Reception when you get to the office today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

fxotoole wrote: »
    Stage 2: Scanning
    Stage 3: being examined by a human

If the application is at stage 3 and the human operator notices something wrong or missing (e.g. Documents not scanned in, smudge on photo when application was scanned, etc), the application would have to be sent back to be rescanned. Hence you see the application move back from stage 3 to stage 2. It should start moving quickly as it is now being examined by a human, who has noticed something wrong that needed to be rectified by rescanning.

Mine has now gone backwards in the system as well to stage 2 again. :(

My passport is currently in a van waiting for the postman to get to my house.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

robinph wrote: »
    Mine has now gone backwards in the system as well to stage 2 again. :(

... and now it says that the passport is printed. :D

It does move quickly once they get round to dealing with the application.

Edit: and then 15 minutes after seeing that the Irish passport is issued, I get a text from the "other" passport office that the kids second nationality passport is also issued today. The two offices must have been racing each other.

Ask a solicitor / notary public to do it for ya

Edit: I'm pretty sure there's no requirement to have a photocopy of a driver's licence certified, but I could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 TheKitchenSink

Hi,

So during the week I sent off a passport renewal application by Passport Express.
    I just checked the status of my application using the online tracker and it said that the target issue date is 20/8/15.
    Could anyone tell me, from experience, how accurate this target date is as I have a holiday booked for the 27th and am quite anxious that my passport wont arrive on time.

Thanks a bunch.

Hi

So I just checked the status of my passport renewal application and it said the target issue date is the 20th of august. Could anyone tell me, from experience, how accurate this is?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Hi,

So during the week I sent off a passport renewal application by Passport Express.
    I just checked the status of my application using the online tracker and it said that the target issue date is 20/8/15.
    Could anyone tell me, from experience, how accurate this target date is as I have a holiday booked for the 27th and am quite anxious that my passport wont arrive on time.

Thanks a bunch.

I got my passport renewed by passport express in June, it was posted on a Wednesday and I got it back the Friday two weeks later....so you will probably be ok considering they are giving you w week leeway !!

Hi

So I just checked the status of my passport renewal application and it said the target issue date is the 20th of august. Could anyone tell me, from experience, how accurate this is?
    Thanks.

Very inaccurate, given that I received my passport yesterday morning and it had a target issue date of August 10th.

solerina wrote: »
    I got my passport renewed by passport express in June, it was posted on a Wednesday and I got it back the Friday two weeks later....so you will probably be ok considering they are giving you w week leeway !!

Thats a relief, thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Hi all. Does anyone have any experience using the Rapid renewal service? According to the website the appointment slots for the following working day are released Sunday to Thursday at 12.30pm. I logged on and have been trying on laptop and phone since 12.25 (it's now almost 1pm) and nothing is showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Plates wrote: »
    Hi all. Does anyone have any experience using the Rapid renewal service? According to the website the appointment slots for the following working day are released Sunday to Thursday at 12.30pm. I logged on and have been trying on laptop and phone since 12.25 (it's now almost 1pm) and nothing is showing up.

I would presume as tomorrow is a bank holiday and presuming the passport office is closed, then the slots for Tuesday will be released tomorrow at 12:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

suds1984 wrote: »
    I would presume as tomorrow is a bank holiday and presuming the passport office is closed, then the slots for Tuesday will be released tomorrow at 12:30pm.

Fingers crossed!

Hi

Thanks.

Depends what type of application it is. The online tracker gives a target date based on 15 working days, but based on the type of application, it could be done in as little as 10 working days or less.

Current turnaround times for the various types of applications are given here:

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/passport-express/current-turnaround-times/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 filmfanb

This a weird question....but atleast the story may be funny to you

So, last year I lost my passport. I applied for a new one but it took them FOREVER to get it to me and finally got it an hour before I was due to travel to America. It was a nightmare and crazy time.

Since then I have been on a few trips and all has been good.

One day I was cleaning my flat and found a box my playstation came in. Sandwiched between some cardboard was my LOST passport. It was funny and frustrating at the same time.

Sadly, due to a family bereavement I had to fly back from London to Ireland. My niece and nephew were there also and took it upon themselves to clean the house. During this, they threw my new passport out and we didnt know until last minute.

I managed to get home on the ferry from Dublin to Hollyhead with a birthday, which was no trouble.

My question is, what the hell do I do with my old passport. I am going home again in two weeks time, via ferry and will bring my birth cert with me. I am assuming my passport has been marked down as lost or stolen. I want to bring it with me so I can get the passport express sorted in Dublin when there. Just curious of what I can do with this found passport.

In short

-lost passport
    -got new passport
    -found lost passport
    -lost new passport

yes...im a mess of a human

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

filmfanb wrote: »

So, last year I lost my passport. I applied for a new one but it took them FOREVER to get it to me and finally got it an hour before I was due to travel to America. It was a nightmare and crazy time.

One day I was cleaning my flat and found a box my playstation came in. Sandwiched between some cardboard was my LOST passport. It was funny and frustrating at the same time.

Sadly, due to a family bereavement I had to fly back from London to Ireland. My niece and nephew were there also and took it upon themselves to clean the house. During this, they threw my new passport out and we didnt know until last minute.

I managed to get home on the ferry from Dublin to Hollyhead with a birthday, which was no trouble.

My question is, what the hell do I do with my old passport. I am going home again in two weeks time, via ferry and will bring my birth cert with me. I am assuming my passport has been marked down as lost or stolen. I want to bring it with me so I can get the passport express sorted in Dublin when there. Just curious of what I can do with this found passport.

In short

-lost passport
    -got new passport
    -found lost passport
    -lost new passport

The original lost passport is cancelled so you will have to go to the Gardaí to get another statement of loss for the newer one you lost. It would be no harm sending in the original lost one as well. When you start into loosing 2-3 passports they might call you in for a chat before issuing you a new one and that might be issued for a restricted period of time like 3 or 5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

In short

-lost passport
    -got new passport
    -found lost passport
    -lost new passport

Don't travel on the lost passport whatever you do. Submit it to the passport office for destruction. You'll have to apply as a first time applicant again because you lost your most recent passport. You'll probably get a restricted passport of 2 years. You should be applying at your nearest embassy of you're not resident in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭some1gr8

Hi,
    I am traveling with 3 yo on sat to paris, Her pssport is 2y & 8 month old and she looks quite different to her photograph but her passport is still valid for more than 3 months, would there be any trouble in airline/immigration??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

for Paris (i.e. Europe)its fine so long as the passport is still valid.
    That a child looks different is something they are trained for. Remember, we used to write in the names of kids till a handful of years ago so its not a massive issue if the photo isnt up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 filmfanb

AGC wrote: »
    The original lost passport is cancelled so you will have to go to the Gardaí to get another statement of loss for the newer one you lost. It would be no harm sending in the original lost one as well. When you start into loosing 2-3 passports they might call you in for a chat before issuing you a new one and that might be issued for a restricted period of time like 3 or 5 years

thought that might happen. i cant wait for the passport card to come through.
    i will be staying in liverpool before heading on the ferry so may do passport express there or will it have to be all done through london

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I got a replacement passport about 20 years ago, the only gave me a 1 year one instead.

thought that might happen. i cant wait for the passport card to come through.
    i will be staying in liverpool before heading on the ferry so may do passport express there or will it have to be all done through london

There's a Post Office that offers a 15 working day Passport Express service in Liverpool. Details here:

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/passport-express-service-in-britain/

Otherwise if you send it off by post to the London Passport Office, it will take 6 weeks to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Do I need a passport to fly Dub - London Stansted with Ryanair or will my driving licence work? What about Children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Passports for all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

vicwatson wrote: »
    Do I need a passport to fly Dub - London Stansted with Ryanair or will my driving licence work? What about Children?

Everyone needs a passport flying to the UK with Ryanair. Photo ID, like a driving licence, is ok for adults flying with Aer Lingus. Not sure about kids and Aer Lingus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement