Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Jesus.....

Sent away for my passport, via express, on Tuesday....
    Checked it's progress today, sent out this evening, will have it Monday......

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

bclar12 wrote: »
    Jesus.....

Sent away for my passport, via express, on Tuesday....
    Checked it's progress today, sent out this evening, will have it Monday......

Madness

Yup. Busy season is over, passport express applications are being done in well under 10 working days. Now's the time to apply, rather than during the busy season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

fxotoole wrote: »
    The application form notes state that postal applications are no longer accepted and will be returned. Onus is on the applicant to read the notes prior to applying. Passport Office policy is not to accept applications via Ordinary Post because of the risk of applications and documents going missing.

The 9.50 is a handling fee that An Post take for the secure sending of the envelope to the Passport Service.

The leaflet that comes with the application does not state that ordinary post is not accepted and this is the reason for my post, I did email the passport office and they did admit that the form is outdated.
    I also got a stupid email that said that in the past over 85% of applications had to be returned which seems unlikely to me.
    The leaflet does say that express post an "option" and in this case the turn around is 10 work days.
    My passport application should have being processed considering the information was and is still not on the information leaflet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I presume people are aware that your passport does not have to expired before you can get a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I would have thought that is not the point, the info is not where it is supposed to be on the information sheet...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

Got a call for a job interview Friday week and one requirement is an in date valid passport. Reckon I can get one to me by then (I know no one really can answer this:P)? From some of the latest comments on here it may be hopeful that I have it by then (busy season over?).

Still a bit nervous though, I suppose a job interview is a bit over the top (unacceptable)to try and get an emergency one?

My previous one went missing about three weeks ago, will declaring my previous one missing slow the process down?

I suppose this is just my luck for putting it on the long finger :rolleyes::o

The leaflet that comes with the application does not state that ordinary post is not accepted and this is the reason for my post, I did email the passport office and they did admit that the form is outdated.
    I also got a stupid email that said that in the past over 85% of applications had to be returned which seems unlikely to me.
    The leaflet does say that express post an "option" and in this case the turn around is 10 work days.
    My passport application should have being processed considering the information was and is still not on the information leaflet...

The information sheet that has Rev 07/13 on the top does say it. You are probably looking at an old information sheet from before the change was implemented.

The passport office stopped accepting postal applications in June 2013 and it was advertised in the media at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Ryanair now serving Amsterdam Schipol from late October, with midweek return fares available ('til tommorrow 4th Sept.) for €19.98

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057487671

Zascar wrote: »
    Absolute and utter rubbish. I've been many times I have friends and family there. It's certainly not for everyone but most think it's a fantastic place - there is loads and loads to do. I do new things every time I go and never get to do everything I want in the time I'm there (usually 12-15 days).

Have you even been?

Seriously?
    Loads to do? There's about five different things to do and yea I have been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 stra

Flying to Paris tomorrow evening a just realised my passport expired in August. Anyone one know if I can fly aer lingus on my drivers licence? Or what are the chances of getting a passport renewed for tomorrow?

Nope, no way.

What time are you flying at? Chances are not good.

Hi. Going at 6:30 in the evening. Have an appointment at the passport office for the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Zascar wrote: »
    Absolute and utter rubbish. I've been many times I have friends and family there. It's certainly not for everyone women travelling alone but most think it's a fantastic place - there is loads and loads to do. I do new things every time I go and never get to do everything I want in the time I'm there (usually 12-15 days).

Have you even been?

Fixed that for you. :pac:

Sitting in my hotel room in Paris. Great service from the passport office. I was able to book an appointment last night online for this morning. Was in for 09:20 and collected my new passport at 14:30. They've got some bad press in the past but have to say they were excellent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭share_bear

Anyone with direct experience able to tell me how long a ordinary Passport Renewal in Dublin took recently please?

Thanks a mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

share_bear wrote: »
    Anyone with direct experience able to tell me how long a ordinary Passport Renewal in Dublin took recently please?

Thanks a mil

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/passport-express/current-turnaround-times/ says 10 working days or less, the most recent poster on here got theirs in half that time. "ordinary" means Passport Express these days.

share_bear wrote: »

Thanks a mil

Via passport express through the post office: 10 working days or less.

Via the public counter in Dublin: depends on your travel date. Could be done on the same day if you are travelling the next day, you have proof of travel, you have less than 2 lost/stolen/damaged passports on your record, and all docs are correct and in order. If it's a child's application, and you need it in less than 72 hours, all legal guardians and the child must be present, and all legal guardians need to show ID

• Registered Users Posts: 2 claires1994

Hi there,

My dog has chewed both my fathers and my own passport. We are flying out next thursday the 24th. We understand that we can make an appointment on passportappointments.ie. Is it possible to send my mother up for this appointment, with all the correct documents, instead of ourselves?

• Advertisement

Hi there,

My dog has chewed both my fathers and my own passport. We are flying out next thursday the 24th. We understand that we can make an appointment on passportappointments.ie. Is it possible to send my mother up for this appointment, with all the correct documents, instead of ourselves?

Yes, but just be aware that if the photos don't meet the passport service requirements, or the form isn't signed by yourself, it might be desirable for you to attend, so you can rectify these issues on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I have to fly abroad next Tuesday morning and I've only realised now that my passport has expired .

On the Passport appointments webpage it says its too late to get one in Cork ,it requires 3 days and I will have to go to Dublin.
    Is this really the case or can I get one in Cork ?
    Many thanks

Zardoz wrote: »
    I have to fly abroad next Tuesday morning and I've only realised now that my passport has expired .

On the Passport appointments webpage it says its too late to get one in Cork ,it requires 3 days and I will have to go to Dublin.
    Is this really the case or can I get one in Cork ?
    Many thanks

Cork don't have the infrastructure to produce a passport within 3 working days. Therefore Rapid Renewals are only available at the Dublin office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

We fly 12th October. Is there ample time to get two infant passports If we send this Monday 21st via passport express?
    Thanks

fxotoole wrote: »
    Cork don't have the infrastructure to produce a passport within 3 working days. Therefore Rapid Renewals are only available at the Dublin office.

What about an emergency passport ,are Cork able to do them ?
    Having to go to Dublin isn't ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

What about an emergency passport ,are Cork able to do them ?
    Having to go to Dublin isn't ideal.

No such thing as an emergency passport

AGC wrote: »

What are these people discussing so ?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055462148

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

That is back in 2009.

The rapid renewal is your best option and going by what some have said you can be very lucky and get it on the day. This will be a full passport

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »

An emergency/temporary passport can be issued only in an emergency or if the passport office fails to deliver a full passport on time. They have to be exchanged for the full passport on return from travel. Application generally does have to be already in the process though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement