Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bailey18

got my sons passport yesterday.:D travelling 30/5. relief!!! they received it 29/4 being checked 22/5 printed and posted 24/5. we got it 25/5. 18 working days. seems that it should be with you a couple of days after its checked. it doesn't always go through every stage either. found the staff helpful when i called. if u are travelling my advise would be to call them and keep calling them. you'll hear the ''i'm sorry'' message but keep ringing and hanging up. you could be on hold for 30 mins or more so dont use your mobile!! and be polite (even though i know that after waiting that long you feel like killing someone)
    good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

My passport was received on the 29/04 so today is the 20th working day, on there website tracking it still says "Application has been received and has been registered" should i ring them and chase it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Just got the wifes' passport in the post today. Sent it off on 28/04 and got it today 27/05. Almost 1 month. Or 18 working days.

Dubdude, her passport was recieved the same day as yours, so if you still haven't seen any change, you might be better off give a call

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just an fyi to everyone about the turnaround times; Cork PPO would appear to be processing faster than the Dublin PPO [possibly as they've only one province to cover]. My passport took 23 working days to process from receipt to collection whilst the gf applied to Cork and received it in 18 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

For info:

Sent my kids two applications to London embassy on 14/4, arrived 15/4, status on one was "printed" as of 24/5 and the other just changed to "being checked" yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tcup

Just to let everyone know i finally got confirmation after two full days of trying to ring them and emailing them and getting my sister on the case as well that my passport has been approved after about 17/18 days in cork. This was done by passport express. They don't seem to be updating their website with the tracking system as that was saying that it had only been received and registered. So keep trying them keep ringing they will eventually pick up the phone! i dunno the situation in dublin bit the cork crowd are really getting through the back log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 holidayplease

rilly99 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by holidayplease viewpost.gif
    Right, i was just curious to see what your reply would be. I happen to know your incorrect. I recently focused an assignment for college on the industrial action at the passport office and the media backlash against their workers. The go slow their workers have undertaken is not the reason for the backlog experienced, infact their duties havent changed

So the go slow is not effecting the lenght of time it takes to issue passports ???

Wake up

What go slow? Yet another uneducated fool who believes everything they read in the media. The work to rule/go slow has not been in effect in the passport office since the Croke Park meeting, its been suspended. Please do a bit of research before spouting out garbage you have no clue about.

I'd suggest you all have a read of post 8 before you continue to opine on the dispute. Tbqh the bitching serves no purpose and does nothing to help the people in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Hideous Man

I posted passport express on the 7/5, it was received on 10/5. Due to fly on 4/6. What do you think of my chances of getting it before then? I live in Galway so even if it does end up in the post, worried that it will take too long to get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

By the way things are going, it's hard to see you getting it in time. That's just 1 week away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 bfitz_g

I stupidly forgot to get passport as we are travelling by boat to the UK and now am panicing. I have drivers licence, but 3yr old has no photo ID.

I have the application ready to post but not sure if I should just take my chance and land in the passport office.

Any advice?:(

Send it in anyway but breathe a big sigh of relief because I'm 99% sure Drivers Licence will do you for the ferry on the off chance that UK Immigration Officials stop you - I wouldn't worry about the 3 year old, bring a copy of the birth cert for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bfitz_g

cson wrote: »
    Send it in anyway but breathe a big sigh of relief because I'm 99% sure Drivers Licence will do you for the ferry on the off chance that UK Immigration Officials stop you - I wouldn't worry about the 3 year old, bring a copy of the birth cert for peace of mind.

Thanks that the first bit of reassuring news I've got. I'm going to ring the ferry tomorrow & post the passport application & pray the dispute ends!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

3DataModem wrote: »
    For info:

Sent my kids two applications to London embassy on 14/4, arrived 15/4, status on one was "printed" as of 24/5 and the other just changed to "being checked" yesterday.

AAAAAARGH!

The second application now has status of "This application could not be processed. A letter outlining the reasons for this decision has been posted to you."...

The two applications were sent together (the kids are non-identical twins).

Does anyone know if they ship the whole kaboodle back to you, or just tell you the problem, or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bailey18

I posted passport express on the 7/5, it was received on 10/5. Due to fly on 4/6. What do you think of my chances of getting it before then? I live in Galway so even if it does end up in the post, worried that it will take too long to get to me.

call them,keep calling and email your travel details. its worth a try anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

Well if was recieved on 10 May and as at last Thur it was saying 21 working days that should in theory get it back to you by 04th !! Don't hwere you are flying from but you could change the return form Post to Collection but reckion going to be tight - ring them I got through after about 15 attempts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

My passport has arrived today on working day 21 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Luton Boy

cson wrote: »

I travel back and forth all the time I used a driving license and most of the time on the ferry they never ask for it, just your nationality. Birth cert for kids under 8 is fine. No worries:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

can I request a refund on the express service as it came nowhere near the 10 day return as stated on the form?

im waiting 29 days now. I want my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

gsxr1 wrote: »
    can I request a refund on the express service as it came nowhere near the 10 day return as stated on the form?

im waiting 29 days now. I want my money back.
    The service has been suspended a few months now. The Post Office would have informed you of this, it's also on the DFA website.

They clearly state the cost is still in place but the service is not being provided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Hideous Man

Thank you for replies. I rang Thursday and Friday. On Thursday they told me they could put a note on my case to say that I had immediate travel plans, but that it would not be taken out of sequence. On Friday (DAY 15) it had gotten to the checker all ready. I'm more than hopeful that it will be here before next Friday.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    The service has been suspended a few months now. The Post Office would have informed you of this, it's also on the DFA website.

They clearly state the cost is still in place but the service is not being provided.

but I was not informed by the PO. And I did not use a website. I got the forms, filled them in and sent them off.

Surly I have grounds on the basis that not everyone has access to the internet.

so basically. I have been ripped off by the passport office who go ahead and charge for a service they dont provide.

Im going to try. Just to see what they do.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Surly I have grounds on the basis that not everyone has access to the internet.
    But you do.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    But you do.

no i dont:p

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

just wondering does anyone have any idea how long i will be waiting on mine and my daughters new passports, i have the old ones that expired so will i still have to wait the same length as new applications, i have everything ready to be posted monday morning and we're due to fly on 9th july

just wondering does anyone have any idea how long i will be waiting on mine and my daughters new passports, i have the old ones that expired so will i still have to wait the same length as new applications, i have everything ready to be posted monday morning and we're due to fly on 9th july
    25 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Anyone know how long to expect to wait after status changes to Printed? Is it worth going up to Collect it in Dublin office or hang back and wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Redbollock

im relocating out of the country on the 10/6
    my mam went into the PPO and handed all the stuff in on the 11/5
    checked on wednesday 26/5 online to see the status said being checked
    checked on thursday 27/5 status was being printed
    checked on friday 28/5 status was ready to be collected
    so going in tomorrow to get it

best thing to do is go in passport personally and get it done if needed in a hurry

took 14 working days for me
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mike5

Anyone know how long to expect to wait after status changes to Printed? Is it worth going up to Collect it in Dublin office or hang back and wait?

PLEASE WAIT IT WILL BE IN BY MONDAY OR TUESDAY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Posted renewals for the kids over 5 weeks ago by registered post.
    Check online a few days later and their status was received and registered.
    Still at the same staus on friday evening last. Going on holidays on 27th June. Should we start worrying now or what?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement