Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

This post has been deleted.

Ok cool....but she's only 3 and so has no other form of ID.

The way it's looking now is we'll get in to Ibiza no problem, then one of us will fly to Madrid to get a new passport for her before we're due to come home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Hi all,

I know this question has probably been asked numerous times here but just wondering how long roughly does it take for passport to arrive after submitting application? My current passport is out of date since early June and im looking to go to USA at the end of August but want to make sure that I would have a new passport in time before booking and paying for flights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Noddy33

Hi all,

I know this question has probably been asked numerous times here but just wondering how long roughly does it take for passport to arrive after submitting application? My current passport is out of date since early June and im looking to go to USA at the end of August but want to make sure that I would have a new passport in time before booking and paying for flights

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I renewed mine recently and it took about three weeks altogether.
    Brexit has apparently caused additional delays now.
    Get your application in via Passport Express ASAP (which is showing reasonable turnaround times) - https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/passport-express/current-turnaround-times/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Noddy33 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Current turnaround time on the site is 13 working days for a renewal, realistically it'll be longer with the surge in applications because of brexit.

It says on the site to apply six weeks before travel, so I'd say you'll be fine if you apply today!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 YouWotM8

Hi all,

Not sure if been asked before. I'm going backpacking in October, and while my passport isn't damaged to the point where it's unacceptable, it definitely looks shoddy (think gone through the washing machine a few times).

I want to replace it before I go travelling, but as it's not damaged or near it's renewal date, I'm not sure how to go about getting a replacement one. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

+1
    renewals can be made at any time.

If you are only travelling round Europe, then just get a passport card and leave the old fashioned bulky passport book at home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So, person A is UK passport holder and previous Irish resident for long time, but currently resident in UK.
    Person B is Irish passport holder and long time UK resident and married to person A.
    Person C is Irish and UK passport holder due to being child of A+B.

We can get a UK passport for person B due to residency and marriage, application will be going in the post shortly. Had planned on doubling up on passports anyway just down to then having a spare for when you forget to renew the other one.

Is is possible to get an Irish passport, therefore still an EU one after the other nonsense is concluded, for person A?
    From looking up the requirements previously I think you just needed to be resident for X of the previous Y years, and pay some extortionate fee. I think that the time limit for person A applying under that reason may have now expired though due to not being resident any more. No knowing what effect the Brexit will have on the CTA rules, but is there anyway, other than the whole family moving back to Ireland for 5 years, to get the dual nationality for everyone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Knew I should have just sucked it up and paid the fee back in the day. Seemed completely frivolous then though, and would have only served to allow some trolling of friends with my Irishness. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

robinph wrote: »
    Knew I should have just sucked it up and paid the fee back in the day. Seemed completely frivolous then though, and would have only served to allow some trolling of friends with my Irishness. :(

Any Irish grandparents that'd entitle you to a passport?

Any Irish grandparents that'd entitle you to a passport?

Nope, at least not in any recent enough generation.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

http://www.newstalk.com/Dublin-New-York-cheap-flights-Wow-Air-Iceland-Reykjavik
    Dublin, New York, cheap flights, Wow Air, Iceland, Reykjavik,
    Skuli Mogensen, CEO of Wow Air | Image: RollingNews.ie/360PR
    Icelandic carrier Wow Air says it plans to offer flights to New York from Ireland for €129.

The airline will begin flying to New York from Dublin Airport this winter from November 25th.

Flights will operate to New York, via Reykjavik, five days a week on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

The airline says this expansion follows a successful launch of transatlantic services from Dublin, via Iceland, to Boston, Washington, D.C, Montréal and Toronto in 2015, and to LA and San Fran in January 2016.

It is the first low-cost airline to offer transatlantic services from Dublin, with a one hour 20 minute layover in Reykjavik.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Try bringing a bag with you for your trip and see how much it works out at.. over €100 return!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Really? Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Zascar wrote: »
    Really? Source?

Try looking at their site. They charge for everything, even larger hand luggage. By the time you pay for these addons it's not so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Comes in at around a grand for two people after all the charges.

If something sounds too good to be true....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The worst thing is that this airline is WORSE then Ryanair, your carry on allowance is 5kg!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep. Unless you are only going over for a couple of days, and/or you can live in the same clothes for your entire trip, you can forget about getting to NY for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

This is like all their other claims of flying from Dublin to the US.

Two separate flights (i.e. different aircraft) with a connection at Reykjavik.

No different to using any European hub.

It is NOT a flight from Dublin to New York.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

So applied for passport card and couldn't get a photo right, this included using a photo taken that I would use for my passport. I decided to click the option that I had a medical condition that prevented me from getting picture just to see what would happen. It showed me the finished product and it looked exactly like the sample picture they gave. What you reckon will happen? I'm hoping somebody sees the pic and has common sense that it is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Whats the point in going to New York if you can't buy a load stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Why are people saying 'after all the charges'? A lot of people don't need a bag, a small carry on is just fine. I just did a week in Europe with a ruck sack that would have fitted under the limit for Wow Air just fine.

It's fine to want a bag etc but this is an amazing deal for those of us who don't need an entire wardrobe of clothes and luxury treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Aer lingus will bring you there direct for about 400 return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Aer lingus will bring you there direct for about 400 return

Show me one set of dates where it's €400 with the November availability? (around €400 is roughly €390-€410).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

1st - 5th of December 419 return, direct with 23kg baggage.

I know which I'd prefer

plenty more dates there........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Not forgetting pre clearance, shorter journey and no need to worry about connections

Meal+free non alcoholic drinks, in flight entertainment and few a few euro WiFi that works and 10kg cabin bag and 23kg checked

And you can select your seat at time of booking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement