Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

No you can't renew a child's passport online unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SHAUNGAL1983

Was speaking to emigration control in Dub Airport they said that as long as the pictures match the people and the documentation is legitimate they won't have a problem. But they said they couldn't speak for their Spanish colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

AFAIK, your signature is not stored in the chip. So they will never compare the physical signature to anything (unless you are applying for a visa for somewhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A friend I was travelling with hadn't their passport signed since they got it, only noticed it a few months before renewal. I don't think it matters generally, maybe if you need a visa it becomes more important?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Signed where ?
    There is no signature space under the picture on the children's passports I have only the adults ?
    I have signed the back page of it as next of kin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'd 100% chance it

my own name (thinking I was signing on behalf of my underage child)

km79 wrote: »
    Signed where ?
    There is no signature space under the picture on the children's passports I have only the adults ?
    I have signed the back page of it as next of kin

I signed on page 3

• Advertisement

My own name thinking it wa as a guardian

How long does the status "Printing" last? Mine has been printing since Monday.

Mine was printing and delivered the following day!

Despite what the notice says? :rolleyes:

As I said, stupidly signed, but thanks for the reminder 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I signed on page 3

Never spotted that
    I guess I should get the 16 yet old to sign it but the 6 year old not !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I signed on page 3

Wouldn't worry about it The days of using signatures to verify passport identity are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Mine has also been printing since Monday but I only applied on Sunday

Edit: it was dispatched yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

Does anyone know if a Passport Card can be used outside the EU/EEA travel zone?
    Assume I loose my passport and have a ticket from LAX-DUB, will the American immigration officers allow me on the flight back to Dublin with my Passport card or will I have to get an emergency passport?

And regarding the use of the Passport Card in the EU/EEA zone, do they work with e-Gates? Would like some experiences from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

Hi,
    I created some software that searches for the cheapest weekend flights over the next 6 months, from Dublin to anywhere. It searches for flights leaving late Friday and returning late Sunday.
    I love travel but I also don't have extra time to take off work, so this has come in very handy.
    I thought you guys might find the results useful. It only searches Ryanair flights at the moment though, I know that not everyone is a fan.

If you're interested in this info on a regular basis, I've set up a mailing list here: Dom's weekend flight club

Enjoy!

(all listed prices are return, both ways)
    Manchester, United Kingdom on 20-Oct 08:30PM returning 22-Oct 10:00PM for €33.98
    Manchester, United Kingdom on 20-Oct 07:05PM returning 22-Oct 10:00PM for €33.98
    Manchester, United Kingdom on 20-Oct 04:40PM returning 22-Oct 10:00PM for €33.98
    Luton Airport, London on 15-Sep 09:50PM returning 17-Sep 08:05PM for €47.88
    Luton Airport, London on 22-Sep 09:50PM returning 24-Sep 08:05PM for €47.88
    Luton Airport, London on 20-Oct 09:50PM returning 22-Oct 08:05PM for €43.38
    Stansted, London on 15-Sep 04:30PM returning 17-Sep 10:05PM for €39.98
    Stansted, London on 15-Sep 03:30PM returning 17-Sep 10:05PM for €39.98
    Stansted, London on 22-Sep 09:55PM returning 24-Sep 10:05PM for €39.98
    Edinburgh, Scotland on 13-Oct 07:35PM returning 15-Oct 09:40PM for €59.99
    Edinburgh, Scotland on 20-Oct 07:35PM returning 22-Oct 09:40PM for €43.08
    Edinburgh, Scotland on 20-Oct 05:10PM returning 22-Oct 09:40PM for €43.08
    Milan Bergamo, Italy on 03-Nov 05:30PM returning 05-Nov 04:00PM for €74.68
    Milan Bergamo, Italy on 10-Nov 05:30PM returning 12-Nov 09:25PM for €74.68
    Milan Bergamo, Italy on 24-Nov 05:30PM returning 26-Nov 09:25PM for €80.98
    Brussels, Belgium on 13-Oct 07:45PM returning 15-Oct 08:05PM for €61.88
    Brussels, Belgium on 20-Oct 07:45PM returning 22-Oct 08:05PM for €55.78
    Brussels, Belgium on 10-Nov 06:45PM returning 12-Nov 05:10PM for €55.78
    Nice, France on 10-Nov 04:45PM returning 12-Nov 09:25PM for €61.18
    Nice, France on 17-Nov 04:45PM returning 19-Nov 09:25PM for €65.88
    Nice, France on 24-Nov 04:45PM returning 26-Nov 09:25PM for €73.08
    Madrid, Spain on 03-Nov 05:15PM returning 05-Nov 09:30PM for €98.58
    Madrid, Spain on 10-Nov 05:15PM returning 12-Nov 09:30PM for €88.18
    Madrid, Spain on 17-Nov 05:15PM returning 19-Nov 09:30PM for €94.88
    Amsterdam, Netherlands on 17-Nov 06:35PM returning 19-Nov 09:45PM for €77.38
    Amsterdam, Netherlands on 17-Nov 03:10PM returning 19-Nov 09:45PM for €77.38
    Amsterdam, Netherlands on 24-Nov 03:10PM returning 26-Nov 09:45PM for €77.38

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Do applications get processed over the weekend or is only between monday to friday?

A question about e-gates in European airports

Has anyone here used them? They look very chic but more importantly, they're supposed to be quicker than queuing for manual passport control with border guards. I have seen them in France but never used them because only traveled once and I hear that half the time, they are out of service.

When will this good ol' Republic bring them in? Maybe their isn't enough demand in regards to passenger traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

jeanjolie wrote: »
    A question about e-gates in European airports

Has anyone here used them? They look very chic but more importantly, they're supposed to be quicker than queuing for manual passport control with border guards. I have seen them in France but never used them because only traveled once and I hear that half the time, they are out of service.

When will this good ol' Republic bring them in? Maybe their isn't enough demand in regards to passenger traffic.

They work very efficiently in Helsinki and definitely save time. There's a plan to roll them out in Dublin in the autumn. There's a thread here on it but don't go there - it's an echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Used passport gates a few times, most recently in Amsterdam iirc

The software on the gates froze and I was stuck between the two gates for at least 5 mins, trying to get the attention of the only immigration officer available.

Apart from that, they're grand. A lot of people still haven't the hang of how ton scan their passport though, so there was still staff assigned to show people how to open the gates, which kind of defeats the purpose

fxotoole wrote: »
    Used passport gates a few times, most recently in Amsterdam iirc

The software on the gates froze and I was stuck between the two gates for at least 5 mins, trying to get the attention of the only immigration officer available.

Apart from that, they're grand. A lot of people still haven't the hang of how ton scan their passport though, so there was still staff assigned to show people how to open the gates, which kind of defeats the purpose

Will I be able to use it? I'm 19 but got my passport when I was only 15. It's a 5 year passport but does contain all the biometric info as an adult passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Another passport query. Are birth/ marriage certs returned by the passport office? As it's 10 years since my last one I can't recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Sundew wrote: »
    Another passport query. Are birth/ marriage certs returned by the passport office? As it's 10 years since my last one I can't recall.

yes everything is returned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

if you order a renewal online then it doesnt go to the embassy. It goes straight to you via registered post.

if you are applying on a paper form, I get the feeling that the passport office sends it to the embassy whenever they are bothered/ have finished dealing with disorganised, panic stricken, far higher priority, sun holiday loving, passport express customers from Ireland , because why would someone living abroad possibly need a passport more urgently than someone looking to top up their freckes ?

• Advertisement

If your passport gets lost abroad, how long does it take to replace it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement