Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jess112

Hi
    Suppose to fly to new York Sunday 10th september still waiting on online passport renewal says on tracker estimated for 30th last month then on 31st tracker says there is a problem with my application and member of staff will be in touch and still nothing to say what problem checked spam folder everything nothing ringing dublin passport office they can't help or tell the problem cause it's online application yet online people apparently have no phones all email that they not replying to. Dublin won't give me appointment to go up and do it starting to panic wee bit now 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

jess112 wrote: »
    Hi
    Suppose to fly to new York Sunday 10th september still waiting on online passport renewal says on tracker estimated for 30th last month then on 31st tracker says there is a problem with my application and member of staff will be in touch and still nothing to say what problem checked spam folder everything nothing ringing dublin passport office they can't help or tell the problem cause it's online application yet online people apparently have no phones all email that they not replying to. Dublin won't give me appointment to go up and do it starting to panic wee bit now ��

Might be worth sending them a message on Twitter, sometimes they're more helpful than over the phone. They might be able to get in touch with the online team for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

If the online service accepts the photo when applying does that mean all is ok and I don't have to worry about it rejecting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

rsl1976 wrote: »
    If the online service accepts the photo when applying does that mean all is ok and I don't have to worry about it rejecting?
    If you don't get an email within a couple of days saying that it's rejected, you are probably ok, and if you click the tracking link they provide, I guess if the status is ready for printing, then you're probably ok too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

I just recieved my passport exactly 10 working days after applying with passport express.

I ordered mine online last Friday, it was dispatched yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

I just recieved my passport exactly 10 working days after applying with passport express.

I ordered mine online last Friday, it was dispatched yesterday.

For those applying online did you have trouble with the photos getting accepted? Son is having difficulty getting photo accepted.

Apologies just read the last few posts. His only option is a smartphone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah, I did it online for my dad on the 29th of Aug. They wanted a new photo on the 30th. He got his passport book yesterday and the card arrived in this morning. Six working days for the book, seven for the card.
    For those applying online did you have trouble with the photos getting accepted? Son is having difficulty getting photo accepted.

Apologies just read the last few posts. His only option is a smartphone

Did they say what was wrong with the photo in the email they sent? Out-of-focus, facial expression?

They said the first photo was out of focus so I took another one that look the same to me and they were obviously happy with it.

Finally got it accepted. It was out of focus. Took about 30 more that were not accepted because background wasn't white enough. Once it was accepted the tracking updated to printing after only an hour. Shocked at how quickly it was in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

My passport runs out next March 2018. It was a 5 year passport and my next one will be the 10 year one

Can I apply now 6 months early and get it out of the way ???

Have a horror like people in past whereby there were backlogs in the Passport Office and so would like to have it out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Yes you can apply now. And as it is within 12 months of expiring you don't need to send back your current one- can't remember if you need to include a copy but you will see on instructions. So at least you can use the old one during the renewal period in event of an emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Masala wrote: »
    My passport runs out next March 2018. It was a 5 year passport and my next one will be the 10 year one

Can I apply now 6 months early and get it out of the way ???

Have a horror like people in past whereby there were backlogs in the Passport Office and so would like to have it out of the way

https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/whocanapply/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Finally got it accepted. It was out of focus. Took about 30 more that were not accepted because background wasn't white enough. Once it was accepted the tracking updated to printing after only an hour. Shocked at how quickly it was in the end

Fair play , i just couldnt get the smartphone to work no matter what i did.
    Digital camera and only took 3 or 4 goes , so well done!
    Some service , bet you get it monday , tues at latest

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mark Viduka

Hi guys

I have a passport, which expired in March.

I'm flying to Birmingham with Ryanair on Friday 22nd September

How soon can I avail of one - is it a renewal or brand new passport- and am I likely to have it by then?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Did you take a look at www.passport.ie ??? .......

Apply at least 6 weeks before travelling. Use Passport Express if you are travelling in 3 weeks or more but make an appointment if you need a passport sooner.

Please do NOT make an appointment if you have already lodged a passport application.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Apply online. You submit photo online also. Take on your phone with a white background.

hawkwind23 wrote:
    Fair play , i just couldnt get the smartphone to work no matter what i did. Digital camera and only took 3 or 4 goes , so well done! Some service , bet you get it monday , tues at latest

Used one of the passport photo apps

Apply online. You submit photo online also. Take on your phone with a white background.

And how soon can I expect it?

Thanks

Used one of the passport photo apps

And if I do it online how soon can I expect it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

So I should have it by the 22nd if I apply online?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So I should have it by the 22nd if I apply online?

Its quicker then sending all through post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Hi guys

I have a passport, which expired in March.

I'm flying to Birmingham with Ryanair on Friday 22nd September
    How soon can I avail of one - is it a renewal or brand new passport- and am I likely to have it by then?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Apply online and you'll have a new passport within a week (assuming there's no issues such as a name change, gender change, incorrect date of birth/gender on your previous passport, etc.)

I don't understand your question about whether it would be a renewal or brand new passport? A renewal is a brand new passport.

fxotoole wrote: »
    Apply online and you'll have a new passport within a week (assuming there's no issues such as a name change, gender change, incorrect date of birth/gender on your previous passport, etc.)

I don't understand your question about whether it would be a renewal or brand new passport? A renewal is a brand new passport.

Is it worth risking it in case it doesn't arrive by the 22nd?

I could just re-book a flight, but with Aer Lingus this time, as they don't require a passport to the UK and will accept Government ID, plus the flights are still cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Is it worth risking it in case it doesn't arrive by the 22nd?

I could just re-book a flight, but with Aer Lingus this time, as they don't require a passport to the UK and will accept Government ID, plus the flights are still cheap

That's up to you. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd risk it.

fxotoole wrote: »
    That's up to you. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd risk it.

But if I risk it and don't get it by the day of travelling, Aer Lingus prices may sky rocket or be sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Sure you can u your current passport if the other doesn't arrive????

Check in / boarding staff only look at picture and Valid-To date??

Masala wrote: »
    Sure you can u your current passport if the other doesn't arrive????

Check in / boarding staff only look at picture and Valid-To date??

I don't think it would be worth the risk - if they happened to check the expiry date and wouldn't let me pass I'd miss the trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Can I just say don't risk applying online when you're travelling that soon. Make an appointment to visit Cork or Dublin. At least you know that way you will have the passport in your hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement