Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

I went in today and was there around 2.45 pm, I queued for about 45min. I'd had hassle with my photos even though I had them taken in a chemist specifically telling them they were for a passport so had to get new ones in the passport office which meant getting €6 in coins by legging it to an atm and then getting change in a shop. Luckily I didn't need to get the new photos signed by a gard as the guy took the old signed one also.
    I was told 25days for passport express application and 4 working days for an emergency with proof of travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I went in to molesworth st to hand in a passport application. The signs say 25 working day turnaround.

I was asked when I needed it and told them 10th August. She told me it would be ready for collection on July 20th.

The queues were ok. At 10 in the morning there were 50 people in front of me. Six windows open, queues moving quickly. Breaks started and everything slowed dramatically. Breaks finished everything took off again. Out the door by 11.30 am.

Not bad, polite service, no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

my passport was up on the passport tracking as received and registered on june 1st, it hasn't changed since, i got an e-mail from them which was sent today asking me could i contact them asap regarding my application and when i ckecked the status of the passport this evening it has changed to been checked, which has me thinkinkg i've not filled it in correctly, it was mine and my daughters renewal, due to fly on 9th july, not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Express service on May 25th, Arrived this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

18 working days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 justmcguire

9 working days!
    Handed application in Dublin office 16th June 9.30 am. Ready for collection today 28th June! (originally told it would be ready tomorrow) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

we sent of 3 passport forms, they got them on the 14th june and they are regristerd. ive being looking up code every day to see if they have moved on a bit . would they untill all 3 passports are done before they send , or would they send on one by one. .

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

My passport form was registered in cork on the 8/6/10, we are travelling on the 9/7/10, getting nervous now. Cant get thru on the phone and emails have not been replied to, any advice???

maiden wrote: »
    My passport form was registered in cork on the 8/6/10, we are travelling on the 9/7/10, getting nervous now. Cant get thru on the phone and emails have not been replied to, any advice???

Keep trying the phones. My passport went from "registered" to "ready for collection" 4 days after I called. I was calling the Dublin office though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I work in Dublin but have a Munster address so it would go to Cork.

But can I just put my application in Molesworth St? I'd prefer to pick it up there then have Cork PPO forward to my parents address in Tipperary and then forward to me in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

I went to this station with my passport application form and the garda wouldn't deal with it. They have a sign up saying that you have to go to your 'local' station. On the application form it clearly states that you can go to any garda station. Are they allowed to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

So 2 weeks after they taken the 80e from my account I'm still no closer to getting my passport.

Managed to get through to them today after about the 20th redial and there's still nothing on their system.... I now know that I should've used passport express but when I was doing my app the general consensus seemed to be that there was no point, such were the queues.

I'm gonna call them back in a week, fingers crossed I'll be on the system then. Grrr this is so frustrating! :mad:

Dunno what I'm gonna do if it still hasn't arrived come the last week of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Giles wrote: »
    So 2 weeks after they taken the 80e from my account I'm still no closer to getting my passport.

Managed to get through to them today after about the 20th redial and there's still nothing on their system.... I now know that I should've used passport express but when I was doing my app the general consensus seemed to be that there was no point, such were the queues.

I'm gonna call them back in a week, fingers crossed I'll be on the system then. Grrr this is so frustrating! :mad:

No sympathy for you. You knew what was happening and you wouldn't pay the few euro extra.

amiable wrote: »
    No sympathy for you. You knew what was happening and you wouldn't pay the few euro extra.

Er no I would've payed the extra if I thought at the time it would have made a difference, I was under the impression at the time (partly due to this forum!) that the passport express service was pretty much suspended and it was just as handy for me to just post it from the office where I work.

Er no I would've payed the extra if I thought at the time it would have made a difference, I was under the impression at the time (partly due to this forum!) that the passport express service was pretty much suspended and it was just as handy for me to just post it from the office where I work.

I'm sorry i don't believe you,
    I think you were just being tight.
    Who wouldn't pay a few bob extra just to be sure just in case?
    If you wanted it bad enough you would

amiable wrote: »

I couldn't really care less what you believe, but I have no reason to lie on this forum and never have done.... I just want my passport in time for 2 August.

Thanks for your constructive input into this thread, keep it up soldier....

Oh and if you properly read my previous posts you'd know that I didn't pay the extra as I didn't think it would make a difference! I have applied for my passport 2 months in advance of my travels FFS. In hindsight I was wrong of course :mad:

I couldn't really care less what you believe, but I have no reason to lie on this forum and never have done.... I just want my passport in time for 2 August.

Thanks for your constructive input into this thread, keep it up soldier....

Good for you too soldier. I appreciate your thanks. Is that an orange in your pocket?

smeedyova wrote: »
    I went to this station with my passport application form and the garda wouldn't deal with it. They have a sign up saying that you have to go to your 'local' station. On the application form it clearly states that you can go to any garda station. Are they allowed to do this?
    Pretty sure it's BS. From DFA website: "Application forms in the State must be witnessed at a Garda station. The same Garda who witnesses the form must also sign his/her name on the back of one of the photographs."
    Nothing there about local station. As long as you have some other form of id e.g. old passport, drivers license etc. they should sign it, although this isn't a requirement either. It's not as if 'local' garda would know everyone in their area.

If I were you I'd call in to the office if you don't have it within two weeks. The fact that they've withdrawn the fee should be proof that they've had the application for at least 4 weeks so explain your situation, bring proof of travel, and you might have a chance.
    You can't really blame this forum for your mistake, and I'm sure if you were really trying to save money you would have handed your app in to save the price of a stamp ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread before, but as posted on www.askaboutmoney.com you can register to have an email reminder sent to you 3 months before your passport is up, might be of help in future.

See here

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=81861

Passport Reminder Service

The Passport Reminder Service is a service which will send you a reminder by e-mail three months before your passport is due to expire. To register for this service, please click on the link below and input your name, e-mail address and the expiry date of your passport.
    www.eforms.gov.ie/reminder/passport/
    You may register a number of different passports (e.g. all members of a family) using the one e-mail address (input each individual name and expiry date and click reminder). You will then receive the reminder by e-mail three months before the passport is due to expire and the e-mail will inform you which passport is about to expire
    This reminder e-mail will also provide you with links providing details of how you can renew your passport, where to obtain passport application forms, etc.
    You can edit your details at any time by clicking on the 'update reminder' link and entering the e-mail address you registered with. You will then be sent an e-mail to this e-mail address. When you click on the link in this e-mail all passports registered under this e-mail address will appear. You can chose to edit, the name, expiry date of passport or the e-mail address for each entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just some positive news.

If you actually need to travel you should be grand.

Head in with travel docs and all your forms and you should get it in time.

Mine is printed and ready for collection 7 working days after i went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

TBH I don’t think you even need to go in, as I am in Sligo and would needed to have taken a day off to go in, I sent in my applications 1 adult and 3 kids exactly 2 weeks ago today. I booked flights this day last week going to Spain on Monday 5th, I sent an email with the flight details attached and also the application numbers of each passport on Friday last week. Got a response on Saturday lunchtime via email saying they would do there very best to have them to me late this week. I got a phone call on Monday from the passport office as they needed two birth certs from the two kids getting passports renewed (they used to just need the old passport), we posted them on Monday and they were received Tuesday (we got another call saying they had been received and hope to have them in the post Wednesday evening). Two passports that were not delayed landed yesterday. I expect the next two tomorrow at the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 smcalister

Hello All,

With 52 pages of questions and answers to plough through before posting, I hope you'll forgive me for not reading every one!?

I sent my application off from abroad on May 24th. All I have received so far was a call from the Irish Embassy in France on May 26th just to check a few details. So, the Embassy in France had it and, I suppose, sent it to Dublin.

I was advised that I could check up on the processing period on http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=2859 so far, the number on the passport application does not show up on the website.

I now learn that the entire process may well have been banjaxed due to a strike somewhere? Can anyone shed any light on whether I'll get it (time is no problem)?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

OK, so I booked a holiday to Italy between the 7th and 14 July 2010 and I'll be traveling with Ryanair. However, my passport expires on the 12th August 2010.

Will Ryanair still allow me to board?

Has anyone had a problem like this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

I think the rule of thumb is that you have to have at least 6 months left on your passport to be allowed to fly. I know thats the rule with northern ones and i can't see it being any different

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

OK, so I booked a holiday to Italy between the 7th and 14 July 2010 and I'll be traveling with Ryanair. However, my passport expires on the 12th August 2010.

Will Ryanair still allow me to board?

Has anyone had a problem like this before?
    Once it is in date they cant refuse it once it is not damaged

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

irishejit wrote: »
    I think the rule of thumb is that you have to have at least 6 months left on your passport to be allowed to fly. I know thats the rule with northern ones and i can't see it being any different

1. That does not apply to airlines when passports are being used as identity documents.
    2. For travel within the EU, it is sufficient that the passport is valid on the dates of travel: you don't need any "buffer".

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

1. That does not apply to airlines when passports are being used as identity documents.
    2. For travel within the EU, it is sufficient that the passport is valid on the dates of travel: you don't need any "buffer".

Actually the best bet would be to contact the pass port office, just seen this on the passport website, down at the bottom of the page

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=253
    Apply early!

Don’t wait until the last minute to apply for your passport. Check whether it is still valid well before you are due to travel. Some countries now insist that your passport be valid for at least six months after the start of your visit, so check the expiry date carefully.

That way at least you are sure withhout relying on advice on boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So, is it happy days then? :confused: I won't be interrogated at the airport?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement