Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OrionA

Would love to have had the option to have applied online but not an option for children’s passports. Submitted the paperwork early March for a renewal and a first time passport. The renewal early on gave an estimated issue date of the 11/04 and the first time passport 30/04. The 11th has been and gone and no sign of it being issued so I think I’m pretty certain the other one won’t meet its target of the 30th either. It’s a bit annoying as we had considered booking something for the May week while the children are off school and I’d thought leaving nearly 9 weeks to the time we’d be travelling would be loads of time. Clearly not!!! Have tried ringing and web chat both neither of which have been successful and don’t want to book something unless I have a passport guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

sept09baby wrote: »
    Submitted my passport with the application for my children's passport. I now need to travel urgently on Monday. Is there any way I could get my passport back?

I could try for a rapid appointment on Monday (non available tomorrow) but because my passport isn't lost is there anything they can do? Is there such a thing as an emergency passport card??
    sept09baby wrote: »
    Got sorted thanks. They pulled my passport from their application. Huge thanks to the passport office staff!

I've a very similar situation.

How did you contact them and did they send it back to you or you picked it up or what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

OrionA wrote: »
    <snip> Have tried ringing and web chat both neither of which have been successful and don’t want to book something unless I have a passport guaranteed
    theres a contact form on the website which they do respond to, the next day or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Wordress

They received my daughter's application on 23/03 and apparently it's meant to be printed by 17/04. Really hoping it does as we're going on holiday in 2 weeks!

Got this passport today. 4 weeks from the date I applied but I suppose this fell over Easter so that added a few days to the process. Glad to be over the waiting now! Holiers here I come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cutedarcy

Looking for any advice. I sent off my son's first passport application form thru passport express 3 weeks ago. While cleaning out my car today. I found my passport under seat! It was meant to have gone in with the application but must have fallen out of envelope. :0.
    I have tried phoning passport office but no answer.
    I spoke with someone on webchat but got a generic reply that I will be contacted if application is incomplete but no timeframe.
    I am travelling on 11th may so really can't afford any delays. Does anyone know if I can go to passport office with my passport and if it can be added to my son's application?

• Advertisement

cutedarcy wrote: »
    Looking for any advice. I sent off my son's first passport application form thru passport express 3 weeks ago. While cleaning out my car today. I found my passport under seat! It was meant to have gone in with the application but must have fallen out of envelope. :0.
    I have tried phoning passport office but no answer.
    I spoke with someone on webchat but got a generic reply that I will be contacted if application is incomplete but no timeframe.
    I am travelling on 11th may so really can't afford any delays. Does anyone know if I can go to passport office with my passport and if it can be added to my son's application?
    quickest way of renewing an adult passport is not to go round for days getting forms signed, and then submitting the form by post only for someone the other end to have to take it and type all into the system (when they get round to it) but to apply online which you literally could do and have finished in the next hour.

When the application is in, then just tell them (using online contact form) you're travelling and hopefully they can prioritise your application

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

mdwexford wrote: »
    I've a very similar situation.

How did you contact them and did they send it back to you or you picked it up or what happened?

Just kept ringing them and was lucky enough to get through. Was waiting for the lines to open at 9am and just kept at it

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cutedarcy

quickest way of renewing an adult passport is not to go round for days getting forms signed, and then submitting the form by post only for someone the other end to have to take it and type all into the system (when they get round to it) but to apply online which you literally could do and have finished in the next hour.

When the application is in, then just tell them (using online contact form) you're travelling and hopefully they can prioritise your application

Thank you for the reply. As I was applying for a child's first passport, the online application is not available.

I have trued both phoning and webchat but the phone line is not being answered and automatically terminates call. The webchat just gives generic info about not bring able to expediate applications.

I was planning in going directly to office but was wondering if anyone was successful doing this

cutedarcy wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply. As I was applying for a child's first passport, the online application is not available.
    <snip>
    sorry, I mistook that you were looking to have your passport renewed.

As i suggested above, if youre having no joy on phone or webchat then just fire a message on the online form which at least gets queued and eventually answered.
    When you click submit you should get a confirmation window and possibly also an email.
    When I did it on chrome it wouldnt submit, but did on internet explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

SusanC10 wrote: »
    I posted my daughter's renewal through Passport Express last Wed (28th) and online Tracker is now saying April 23rd so 16 working days.

Passport arrived today bang on time as per Tracker. 16 working days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcb1986

Hey guys.

I am currently waiting on a passport to be delivered using passport express and I don't think it will arrive by my flight date. I am willing to apply for an emergency passport in the Dublin passport office at this stage but as I already have an active application for a passport through passport express, is it still possible to apply for an emergency passport?, or do I need to cancel my initial application first?

If so how long would cancelling an application take?

I can't get through to the passport office over the phone and they haven't replied to my query via email

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

jcb1986 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

I am currently waiting on a passport to be delivered using passport express and I don't think it will arrive by my flight date. I am willing to apply for an emergency passport in the Dublin passport office at this stage but as I already have an active application for a passport through passport express, is it still possible to apply for an emergency passport?, or do I need to cancel my initial application first?

I can't get through to the passport office over the phone and they haven't replied to my query via email

I had the exact same problem and ended up losing our family holiday over it.
    Once a passport goes into the system you will not be seen at the passport office as they will not issue any emergency passport. You need to cancel the first application by email and wait until they confirm cancellation in writing then you have to get a new application done to bring to the passport office with the letter confirming cancellation of the first application. Problem is the cancellation letter and your original documentation can take weeks to be returned. It’s like banging your head off a brick wall! It is impossible to get through to anyone by phone or web chat and when you do is just standard replies. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

jcb1986 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Ring them. I was in the same position as you and when I rang them they were very accommodating to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Just another input with regard to the online experience.

I ordered a renewal on the 11th of April and received it today by post!

Just another input with regard to the online experience.

I ordered a renewal on the 11th of April and received it today by post!
    so confirming that its just 10 working days to process it even now at the busiest time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Notorious Nobody

Hi I gave my passport application in to the post office yesterday but my passport tracking number isn't appearing in their database when I put it in to the track your application thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hi I gave my passport application in to the post office yesterday but my passport tracking number isn't appearing in their database when I put it in to the track your application thing??

It can take a few days, as it will only appear once they scan it in up in the Passport Office, given it's Thursday it could be next Monday before you see it show up online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Peckham

Further to above. Turnaround times quite efficient at the moment.

Ordered my son's (child renewal) via Passport Express. Sent it off on 3rd April. Received passport today. 17 working days.

Ordered my own passport (online renewal) on 10th April. Received it on 20 April. 8 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

A friend is applying for a passport for the first time as citizen through Naturalisation. To do this she needs to provide her foreign passport.

Does anyone know if her foreign passport is returned before the new passport is issued and if so at what stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Wrex

Any documents I take to an appointment at the passport office for a first time application, do i have to leave the documents with them, or can i take them back with me?

I am talking about passport from original country, birth certificates etc etc.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Wrex wrote: »
    Any documents I take to an appointment at the passport office for a first time application, do i have to leave the documents with them, or can i take them back with me?

I am talking about passport from original country, birth certificates etc etc.

Thanks!

An Irish citizen applying for an Irish passport doesn’t need to submit any passport from an “original country”.

I’m assuming you’re an Irish citizen by naturalisation. Your certificate of naturalisation will be required, plus proof of identity. Any other nationalities or passports you either hold or are entitled to hold are immaterial.

An Irish citizen applying for an Irish passport doesn’t need to submit any passport from an “original country”.

I’m assuming you’re an Irish citizen by naturalisation. Your certificate of naturalisation will be required, plus proof of identity. Any other nationalities or passports you either hold or are entitled to hold are immaterial.

Hi, you are indeed correct it will be an application based on citizenship acquired through naturalisation. I can confirm It is a requirement to produce the passport from your original country to apply for your first Irish passport amongst other docs :)

Hence the reason for my question you see, if i send it via passport express i leave all these important documents in the system, but if i can take the documents away with me, if i apply over the counter, i would prefer that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Hi all, I’m born in Scotland so on a UK passport however I have lived here for 17 years and I’m married with children born in Ireland.

Does anyone know If applying for an Irish passport does anyone know what fees I would pay???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

collie0708 wrote: »
    Hi all, I’m born in Scotland so on a UK passport however I have lived here for 17 years and I’m married with children born in Ireland.

Does anyone know If applying for an Irish passport does anyone know what fees I would pay???

you are applying for a certificate of naturalisation rather than a passport at this stage. The initial application fee is around 170 EUR and then if approved 950 EUR on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

you are applying for a certificate of naturalisation rather than a passport at this stage. The initial application fee is around 170 EUR and then if approved 950 EUR on top.

Thanks for the quick reply, having looked online I feared that was the answer😢

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

It is a requirement to produce the passport from your original country to apply for your first Irish passport
    Nope. All Irish citizens are equal under the law.

As is the case with any Irish citizen applying for a passport, you have to prove who you are and that you’re Irish.

Any request for any other document can be ignored and, if you can be bothered, complained about.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

I think I can ask this here; it’s about naturalization, not the passport yet. Has anyone received their invitation letter for the ceremony on May 21? If so, when was it they had submitted their initial application? I’ve been waiting for 15 mounths now and I’m getting frustrated about not knowing when I might hear from them. Emailing them has no use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Renewed online today for the passport book and also ordered the passport card to go with it.

This was the combo deal for €105

I believe the card arrives after the book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement