Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

I have a question

How do they put the signature on the passport and card if you are not requested for one online?

Do they use the signature on your old passport or to you sign them both when you receive them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grendels

Hiddden wrote: »
    I think I can ask this here; it’s about naturalization, not the passport yet. Has anyone received their invitation letter for the ceremony on May 21? If so, when was it they had submitted their initial application? I’ve been waiting for 15 mounths now and I’m getting frustrated about not knowing when I might hear from them. Emailing them has no use.

I have received my invitation (13 months total processing time). Have started a related thread over here come on over to chat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I have a question

How do they put the signature on the passport and card if you are not requested for one online?

Do they use the signature on your old passport or to you sign them both when you receive them?

When you get the passport you sign on the line yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Hi can someone please help me. I applied for an online renewal on April 5th. Given issue date of 18th. Date is April 30th. 
    I have rang so many times. Today I have been on the phone waiting since 9am. No emails or tweets are replied to and I am just being ignored. The one time i did get through by phone the person just told me to check my online application. One of the worst forms of customer service I have ever come across. They are tweeting saying applying online takes 10 working days and not replying to me when I have had my application in since 5th April. I am travelling on holidays saturday and will lose a lot of money if i dont get this sorted.

Passport Application ID: 20012421574
    The estimated* issue date for your Passport is:
    18/04/2018
    Last Updated: 30/04/2018 11:10

Application received
    05/04/2018

Estimated* issue date
    18/04/2018

Today 
    30/04/2018
    Printing
    Your Passport Book is being printed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The date my child's new passport is supposed to be issued keeps slipping on the website. Can't get through to anyone on the phone or the webchat.

Like their website says the passport is due to be issued today. But there's nothing about being printed etc. that I can see on here.

Just says:
    Processing application
    Your application is being processed

It was lodged using passport express on 6 April. I can see others on here applied after that and have already gotten there one back.

Look at my application above yours, My issue date is 12 dates ago. I have been in the online queue for 2 hours. Gone from Number 23 to 10 and now back to 13. They dont reply to emails. Spoke on the phone and to be honest they are useless. They just told me they didn't know and to just follow my online application. I am travelling Saturday on the verge of freak out

ACAguy wrote: »
    Look at my application above yours, My issue date is 12 dates ago. I have been in the online queue for 2 hours. Gone from Number 23 to 10 and now back to 13. They dont reply to emails. Spoke on the phone and to be honest they are useless. They just told me they didn't know and to just follow my online application. I am travelling Saturday on the verge of freak out

:(

Mine just says

Estimated* issue date
    30/04/2018

Does that actually mean anything?

quad_red wrote: »
    :(

Mine just says

Estimated* issue date
    30/04/2018

Does that actually mean anything?

No. the * means

*Please note the estimated issue date is an estimate based on current averages – it is not a service delivery guarantee.

Did I miss a Pm from you ACAguy?

• Advertisement

No. My issue date was 18th it means nothing as I have yet to receive mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

No. My issue date was 18th it means nothing as I have yet to receive mine.

If it's being printed you'll have it in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The date my child's new passport is supposed to be issued keeps slipping on the website. Can't get through to anyone on the phone or the webchat.

Like their website says the passport is due to be issued today. But there's nothing about being printed etc. that I can see on here.

Just says:
    Processing application
    Your application is being processed

It was lodged using passport express on 6 April. I can see others on here applied after that and have already gotten there one back.

my kids applications were received on the the 23rd March, no sign of anything yet. Still says Processing Application for both and issue date of the 4th. Getting worried now, as we're travelling on the 9th.

just rang the passport office, on hold for 40 minutes.

They've made a note of the travel date and they will work to accommodate for that date but couldnt make any promises but the guy was very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

..couldnt make any promises but the guy was very friendly.

They're very good at being "friendly". It doesn't mean anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Inchinc7

Is it actually possible to make contact with the passport office? Can't get through on phone, no response to emails sent weeks ago, generic response on twitter. We're travelling soon and passports are due 4 days beforehand. I'm trying to organise collection but customer service on webchat (when I did manage to get through) said they don't organise that side of things. Is it worth taking a trip up to the office? If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

They're very good at being "friendly". It doesn't mean anything though.

sure it doesnt mean anything, but i expected a much different interaction, based on the feedback here it doesnt sound like they are any good at being friendly.

My sons passport expires in a few months. Next passport will be his first Adult one. Can he use the online application?

Edit: Found it in the FAQs - he can apply online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Hi, Can anyone help. Kids passports out of date and travelling in 2 weeks !!

Can you queue in passport office and get them on same day.? What do you need? Which office is best to go to?

SAMTALK wrote: »

Can you queue in passport office and get them on same day.? What do you need? Which office is best to go to?

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/how-to-apply-for-a-passport/

use this and follow the steps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

SAMTALK wrote: »

Book an appointment as soon as possible, you will have to pay extra but you should be able to get passport in time. It won't be the same day. I dealt only with Dublin Passport office and didn't have any problems getting passports in time. More or less any problems I head of were for postal services.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/how-to-apply-for-a-passport/

Enter your details in there and it should advise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Thanks for your help

Turnaround times have been updated, new apps changed from 23 working days to 29.

https://www.dfa.ie/passporttracking/turnaroundtimes/

Online Passport Application* 10 working days (2 weeks)

I am on my 19th working day

Turnaround times have been updated, new apps changed from 23 working days to 29.

https://www.dfa.ie/passporttracking/turnaroundtimes/

Is there a specific problem with Children's renewals?

Now that I'm really going on about it at work a few people have said they or friends have had issues and the common denominator seems to be they're all child passports.

This is still on there:
    If the travel date is more than three weeks (15 working days) away, then the Passport Express service operated by An Post is the most convenient and secure method of applying.

Sure that's misleading completely. At this point unless you're 3 months out you need to go into the office and push it or else you're sunk.

Is there a specific problem with Children's renewals?

Now that I'm really going on about it at work a few people have said they or friends have had issues and the common denominator seems to be they're all child passports.

This is still on there:
    If the travel date is more than three weeks (15 working days) away, then the Passport Express service operated by An Post is the most convenient and secure method of applying.

Sure that's misleading completely. At this point unless you're 3 months out you need to go into the office and push it or else you're sunk.

I went into the passport office 8 weeks ago with my kids applications and they told me to apply through passport express as i wasnt in a rush. Now 8 weeks later I'm unsure if I will get the passports in time. It really is crazy.

I need mine by Friday so I plan and going in tomorrow and not leaving until at least get told it's being posted. It has been 19 working days it's said it's printing since last week. There customer service is dreadful dont reply to emails tweets calls or messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lmoyniha

Hi all, waiting on my son's first passport. Issue date was last Friday 27/04. It still says it's being processed on the tracker and we're supposed to be flying this Saturday. Webchat is no help, except that they've put a note of our travel date on the file, is there any point whatsoever in making an appointment for the office and going in to beg?? I know they say you shouldn't make an appointment if you already have an application in...but I don't know what other option there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mable123

Hi, we were in the same position a few weeks ago. It depends how you applied apparently. If it was passport express there's no point going in to your local office cos they're all sent to Dublin. And even then they could be out in Balbriggan where there's no public office. It's worth staying on the phone til you get through to someone. I know there's an automated reply that wont put you through but sometimes you can be lucky and get through eventually. We did this and the lady let us know where the passport was being processed and said she would get through to them and let them know it was urgent. We got the passport with 2 days to spare after applying 7 weeks beforehand. If you applied to your local office then you can go in and beg. I'd try it anyway if I were you.

• Advertisement

If it says processing and not printing I would get into passport office at 9am tomorrow. Mine has said printing since last thursday. I am meant to be flying Saturday and now panicing. Im going to go in tomorrow and not leave until I have an update of getting it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement