Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lmoyniha

ACAguy wrote: »
    If it says processing and not printing I would get into passport office at 9am tomorrow. Mine has said printing since last thursday. I am meant to be flying Saturday and now panicing. Im going to go in tomorrow and not leave until I have an update of getting it

Thanks - you mean going in without an appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lmoyniha

Mable123 wrote: »
    Hi, we were in the same position a few weeks ago. It depends how you applied apparently. If it was passport express there's no point going in to your local office cos they're all sent to Dublin. And even then they could be out in Balbriggan where there's no public office. It's worth staying on the phone til you get through to someone. I know there's an automated reply that wont put you through but sometimes you can be lucky and get through eventually. We did this and the lady let us know where the passport was being processed and said she would get through to them and let them know it was urgent. We got the passport with 2 days to spare after applying 7 weeks beforehand. If you applied to your local office then you can go in and beg. I'd try it anyway if I were you.

Thanks so much. Applied via passport express :O I’ll try the phone. Gah!!! Kicking myself for not being acres and acres in advance of their timelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Ye I am going to go in without an appointment I have no other choice there is no appointments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Renewed online today for the passport book and also ordered the passport card to go with it.

This was the combo deal for €105

I believe the card arrives after the book.

Wow - Ordered both the Book and card on Saturday

Book arrived today which would have been the 3rd working day. :D

Just waiting for the card now

working day 3 for a renewal?? I am on working day 20 and it has been printing for a week

• Advertisement

working day 3 for a renewal?? I am on working day 20 and it has been printing for a week

Did you get my PM?

Yes thanks I am shocked you got yours without it saying dispatched and 9 days early. I am going on holidays on Friday evening. It is noted on my file that is the case and you get yours in 3 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

quad_red wrote: »
    Is there a specific problem with Children's renewals?

Now that I'm really going on about it at work a few people have said they or friends have had issues and the common denominator seems to be they're all child passports.

This is still on there:
    If the travel date is more than three weeks (15 working days) away, then the Passport Express service operated by An Post is the most convenient and secure method of applying.

Sure that's misleading completely. At this point unless you're 3 months out you need to go into the office and push it or else you're sunk.

It really seems to be very hit and miss - I used Passport Express at the end of March for my Daughter's Renewal - 16 working days exactly as per the Tracker.
    A friend of mine sent in her child's renewal before I did and still hasn't received it despite the estimated date having come and gone. They are due to travel May 17th. She can't get anyone on the phone.

Yes thanks I am shocked you got yours without it saying dispatched and 9 days early. I am going on holidays on Friday evening. It is noted on my file that is the case and you get yours in 3 days :(

It may have been because I also ordered the card and You need to have an updated passport book to get the card.

I really dont know as the tracking still says the following

Passport Application ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    The estimated* issue date for your Passport Book is:
    11/05/2018
    Your Passport Card will follow shortly after this.
    Last Updated: 02/05/2018 09:10
    Application received
    28/04/2018
    Estimated* issue date
    11/05/2018
    Today
    02/05/2018
    Printing
    Your Passport Card is being printed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

SusanC10 wrote: »
    It really seems to be very hit and miss - I used Passport Express at the end of March for my Daughter's Renewal - 16 working days exactly as per the Tracker.
    A friend of mine sent in her child's renewal before I did and still hasn't received it despite the estimated date having come and gone. They are due to travel May 17th. She can't get anyone on the phone.

A couple I know from college are going on holidays next week with a neighbouring family. That couple lodged their child's passports (one renewal and one first passport) in the first week of March and only got them back last week. They were understandably pretty distressed at that point.

So that's an 8 week/40 day turnaround.

• Advertisement

I have to have my passport by 5pm Friday or I will miss my holiday. The online chat, phone, emails are useless to be honest they just read out exactly whats on your tracker and tell you to keep refreshing. It refreshes every 2 hours from 9.10am. I cant understand how someone above got it in 3 days and some are waiting 20+

I have to have my passport by 5pm Friday or I will miss my holiday. The online chat, phone, emails are useless to be honest they just read out exactly whats on your tracker and tell you to keep refreshing. It refreshes every 2 hours from 9.10am. I cant understand how someone above got it in 3 days and some are waiting 20+

Are they able to confirm your address? I remember when filling in the online form it had something about the address.

Not that yours got posted somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I also had a quick turnaround a couple of weeks ago. Ordered noon on Monday, on the doorstep Thursday. I have no idea why it was so much quicker than others.

This just makes me angry. This is the 20th working day and all the staff are doing is reading what is on the tracker. It has said printing for at least a week.

This just makes me angry. This is the 20th working day and all the staff are doing is reading what is on the tracker. It has said printing for at least a week.

This is what I don't understand. Mine said Printing within 10min of submitting the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

did you go into them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Contact your local TD. There is no point venting here. The passport service is complete mess but at the moment it's more important you get your passport.

Sorry for ranting I am just frustrated mainly with the customer service as any staff member I have spoken to has just told me to keep refreshing the tracker and not to go near the passport office.

I have emailed my TD now also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

quad_red wrote: »
    Is there a specific problem with Children's renewals?

Now that I'm really going on about it at work a few people have said they or friends have had issues and the common denominator seems to be they're all child passports.

I'm awaiting a childs passport, in fairness we're only on the 12th working day but the estimated date is for another week.

Sorry for ranting I am just frustrated mainly with the customer service as any staff member I have spoken to has just told me to keep refreshing the tracker and not to go near the passport office.

What does your Status history say?

Mine is like this

Today
    02/05/2018
    Printing
    Your Passport Card is being printed

Yesterday
    01/05/2018
    Dispatched
    Your Passport Book was posted on 01/05/2018

4 days ago
    28/04/2018
    Printing
    Your Passport Book is being printed

• Advertisement

18/04/2018
    Today 
    02/05/2018
    Printing
    Your Passport Book is being printed
    3 weeks 6 days ago 
    05/04/2018
    Processing application
    Your application is being processed
    3 weeks 6 days ago 
    05/04/2018
    Application received
    We have received your application
    See above so yours is still saying its being printed but it has been dispatched??

Call them if you don't get a reply to your email quickly. It's ridiculous, we were in similar situation with FIL and he got the passport day or two before traveling but TD's office was contacted because nobody else would answer the phone or to our emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 itsthehumidity

We applied for our little fellas first passport (9 months) which was marked as received on the 10th of April, and has been given the estimated date of the 14th May, given what I've been reading on here, is there any hope we'll actually get it around that time? It seems that kids passports are the main problem from what I can see!

We're not due to fly until the 4th June, but still anxious we'll be cutting it fine!

Did you contact your TD by phone or email? All they have said to me is check the tracker. It updates every 2 hours and I have been doing this since last wednesday

Did you contact your TD by phone or email? All they have said to me is check the tracker. It updates every 2 hours and I have been doing this since last wednesday
    Phone. It was my sister in law, I didn't talk to them and they took the details. On the tracker the passport was due to be printed two days after departure then suddenly it was out for delivery next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If I was you I would go into the Passport Office (if you can).

From reading this thread for a while sometimes it is the only way to get your passport.

I booked an appointment for 9am tomorrow even though I was advised not to by the staff

meeeeh wrote: »
    Phone. It was my sister in law, I didn't talk to them and they took the details. On the tracker the passport was due to be printed two days after departure then suddenly it was out for delivery next day.
    I WILL ALSO TRY THAT AND RING MY TD's OFFICE

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I booked an appointment for 9am tomorrow even though I was advised not to by the staff

Fingers crossed for you, it's your best option at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

We applied for our little fellas first passport (9 months) which was marked as received on the 10th of April, and has been given the estimated date of the 14th May, given what I've been reading on here, is there any hope we'll actually get it around that time? It seems that kids passports are the main problem from what I can see!

We're not due to fly until the 4th June, but still anxious we'll be cutting it fine!

Well if they hit their own metric (here https://www.dfa.ie/passporttracking/turnaroundtimes/ ) of 29 days for a first time applicant then that would make 21 May. You're travelling 9 working days after that.

As mentioned above, I know folks who lodged their child's application on the first week of March and who got the passport last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement