Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10 working days (2 weeks) is their metric for online application. Im on working day 21[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10 working days (2 weeks) is their metric for online application. Im on working day 21[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

We applied for our little fellas first passport (9 months) which was marked as received on the 10th of April, and has been given the estimated date of the 14th May, given what I've been reading on here, is there any hope we'll actually get it around that time? It seems that kids passports are the main problem from what I can see!

We're not due to fly until the 4th June, but still anxious we'll be cutting it fine!

Is it the first passport? They take longer. I sent my sons renewal on April 7, and received it this morning. They say 15 working days for processing, then a day or 2 either side for postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Wow - Ordered both the Book and card on Saturday

Book arrived today which would have been the 3rd working day. :D

Just waiting for the card now
    Renewed online today for the passport book and also ordered the passport card to go with it.

This was the combo deal for €105

I believe the card arrives after the book.

Passport Card arrived today.

All in All it took 4 working days to receive both Passport book and Card.

I wonder if there is a glitch that the system is working on a Last in / First out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Online renewal is pretty quick anyway, you've done all the data entry for them. The delay is that someone has to get to a pile of paper applications and enter them into the system for processing.

• Advertisement

Waiting in the passport office since 9. The person who deals with online applications is in a MEETING. 17 counters of staff and about 3 people here

ACAguy wrote: »
    Waiting in the passport office since 9. The person who deals with online applications is in a MEETING. 17 counters of staff and about 3 people here

Its mind games at this stage

Hang tight

VhMa46I.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Hi guys, I need some advice regarding getting a British passport. My wife is looking to get one as her mum is officially from the UK , moving to Ireland when she was 6.
    Can my wife hold an Irish passport and a British one at the same time ? If not how does it work ? Thxs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

tonydude wrote: »
    Hi guys, I need some advice regarding getting a British passport. My wife is looking to get one as her mum is officially from the UK , moving to Ireland when she was 6.
    Can my wife hold an Irish passport and a British one at the same time ? If not how does it work ? Thxs
    • If the mother was born in the UK before 01/01/1983, the mother is a British citizen otherwise than by descent.
    • If her daughter was born outside the UK, she is a British citizen by descent.
    • A British citizen who is resident in Ireland can apply for a British passport online. >>link<<
    • The authorities of Ireland and those of the UK both do not prohibit their citizens from also holding another nationality or passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

just got a call from Passport Office, passports will be arriving tomorrow via registered post.

phew, close call - good luck to the rest of you...

• Advertisement

Left after being there from 9-12 with no update. Call at 1230 to say it is being reprinted. It was their fault basically as they had originally printed the wrong one and then they had an IT system issue which meant it wasn't posted.

My local TD also rang them which probably helped.

I would advise anyone with an issue to go into the passport office.

Left after being there from 9-12 with no update. Call at 1230 to say it is being reprinted. It was their fault basically as they had originally printed the wrong one and then they had an IT system issue which meant it wasn't posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

FFS :rolleyes:
    Glad you finally got sorted at the 11th hour

Thanks a million. They should make a TV show about the passport office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lmoyniha

Just an update from me - went to the passport office yesterday. First time passport for son was a week past issue date. Despite what they would tell you on the webchat, you can just walk in and take a ticket for passport enquiries. They were very nice and called Balbriggan to get them to approve it and send to print that day. Got a phone call later to say to pick it up from Mount St this morning - phew!!! So, definitely go in to the office if you have an urgent case and are travelling, even if you applied by passport express. If you can't get them on the phone that is. Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 craigm

Applied Tuesday night with a picture taken at home, printing by Wednesday morning, dispatched on Thursday, just arrived Friday morning. Amazing service.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Kids renewal,
    Posted on 12th April
    Received 13th April with estimated issue date of 4th May.
    The tracking page just changed to dispatched, with AnPost Tracking number, May 4th as estimated.
    that's the 15 working days exactly.
    Used the passport express

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

kkontour wrote: »
    Kids renewal,
    Posted on 12th April
    Received 13th April with estimated issue date of 4th May.
    The tracking page just changed to dispatched, with AnPost Tracking number, May 4th as estimated.
    that's the 15 working days exactly.
    Used the passport express

Y'see this is what I don't get.

I submitted our child's renewal via passport express on 9 April via passport express. Immediately got estimated issue date of 30 April and 'processing'.

It has never changed. Still the estimated issue date is 30 April.

I'm going to have to go in. Can't even get through to go on hold on the phone.

What a complete debacle of a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Freer141

Applied for my daughters passport on 23rd of March they received it on the 26th and gave me an estimated issue date of 30/04 but still no sign and we fly on the 10th.

I’ve been to the Dublin office twice to at least find out one way or the other if we can get it in time but no luck as yet. They have said we just need to wait on the call from the passport office.

The Online tracker has been stuck on processing since then. Big lesson learned to be way ahead of their turnaround times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Freer141 wrote: »
    Applied for my daughters passport on 23rd of March they received it on the 26th and gave me an estimated issue date of 30/04 but still no sign and we fly on the 10th.

I’ve been to the Dublin office twice to at least find out one way or the other if we can get it in time but no luck as yet. They have said we just need to wait on the call from the passport office.

The Online tracker has been stuck on processing since then. Big lesson learned to be way ahead of their turnaround times.

Contact your local TD, it's your best shot

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

craigm wrote: »
    Applied Tuesday night with a picture taken at home, printing by Wednesday morning, dispatched on Thursday, just arrived Friday morning. Amazing service.

Applied a month ago, still no sign of it. First timer.

How long am I likely to wait for it, and would I know if there was a problem? Would they call if there was an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Troll Clip

Zero trolling,

Plenty of people are getting standard online passport renewals in a few days.

First time applications take much longer, as they have always done.

Why do first timers take so long? What exactly is going on with the process?
    What are they looking into exactly/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Applied a month ago, still no sign of it. First timer.

How long am I likely to wait for it, and would I know if there was a problem? Would they call if there was an issue?

29 working days for first time applications at the moment so about another fortnight to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Skid X wrote: »
    Zero trolling,

Plenty of people are getting standard online passport renewals in a few days.

First time applications take much longer, as they have always done.

Ours isn’t a first time application. It’s a child’s renewal which you can’t do online. A lot of people on here in same position. If we’d had the option to do it online we would have.

We did it through Passports ‘express’ at the post office as instructed.

Troll Clip

Why did you think he was trolling?

This was my online Renewal time frame for both a book and card.

This is also including the fact I submitted on a Saturday

28/04/2018 - Saturday - 10min after completing online form
    Printing
    Your Passport Book is being printed

01/05/2018 Tuesday Passport Book posted
    Dispatched
    Your Passport Book was posted on 01/05/2018

01/05/2018 Tuesday Passport Card Printing
    Printing
    Your Passport Card is being printed

Passport Book arrived Wednesday - Passport Card Arrived Thursday

All in All it took 4 working days for me to receive both my Passport book and Card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Probably have been asked many times.

I have booked our flight departing at 30th May and silly me applied for first passport of a newborn on 27th April without checking turnaround times.

Now I just checked tracking site and issue date seems to be 12th June.

Is it possible to get the application to be processed faster if I forward my bookings to office or call in to office personally? E-mail and webchat is not working at the moment.

Really appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement