Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Renewal for one adult and children in sine May 8th and estimate May 30th (not changed since) Web chat no help said they would email to go on priority list. Travelling June 12th but need visas too.
    Any advice.

Your chances don't look good if turnaround time are 30+ working days and you need to get visas as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Going through the online check in process with Are Lingus for a large group tomorrow. I cannot believe that check in online with a passport card is still not possible! I've flown multiple times this year with other carriers who accept the card. Anyone know/fathom a reason why AL have not followed suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BB_1983

Hi, in a similar situation to lots of people posting here, we applied for our kids passports early April and still no sign. We are suppose to be traveling on Saturday so Looking like we will have to take a trip up from mayo to try get sorted as we can't get through to phones or mail.
    Just wanted to check if anyone knows, is there a particular day this week that would work best? As in how many days before travelling is best to go into the office?
    I think I remember before going into the office and been told it wasn't close enough to travel date to be an emergency and I had to come back again. I can't remember how many days out that was. I see 3 day turn around popping up in some discussions but not sure would that be Tuesday or Wednesday to go up. Appreciate and advice or experiences, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 irishmk

BB_1983 wrote: »
    Hi, in a similar situation to lots of people posting here, we applied for our kids passports early April and still no sign. We are suppose to be traveling on Saturday so Looking like we will have to take a trip up from mayo to try get sorted as we can't get through to phones or mail.
    Just wanted to check if anyone knows, is there a particular day this week that would work best? As in how many days before travelling is best to go into the office?
    I think I remember before going into the office and been told it wasn't close enough to travel date to be an emergency and I had to come back again. I can't remember how many days out that was. I see 3 day turn around popping up in some discussions but not sure would that be Tuesday or Wednesday to go up. Appreciate and advice or experiences, thanks

Im in a similar situation. Passports allocation for my 1 year old daughter received on the 15th April, the last time I checked on the tracker it said due 16th may. I've sinced lost the tracking number and can't get through to the passport office by phone or mail. We travel on the 15th June, so starting to panic now.
    My best option to go to the passport office in Dublin?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30 marc antonio

fxotoole wrote: »
    Your chances don't look good if turnaround time are 30+ working days and you need to get visas as well

looking for advice not opinions

• Advertisement

irishmk wrote: »
    Im in a similar situation. Passports allocation for my 1 year old daughter received on the 15th April, the last time I checked on the tracker it said due 16th may. I've sinced lost the tracking number and can't get through to the passport office by phone or mail. We travel on the 15th June, so starting to panic now.
    My best option to go to the passport office in Dublin?

Cheers[/QUOTE
    I was webchat this morning (45 min wait). Mine are on a priority list and was told they should be with me by Friday and no point in calling to the office as they are already on this "list". Im lost as what to do now.

Hi, how did you get on waiting list or queue for webchat?, whenever I open it it looks like it's not in operation, says to email or try later.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Hi, how did you get on waiting list or queue for webchat?, whenever I open it it looks like it's not in operation, says to email or try later.
    Thanks,
    Brian
    I was online at 9am. I did this cause otherwise the service is constantly down.

Cheers, tried that and phone from 8:55 this morning but figured the chat wasn't working. Didn't get anywhere with phone either.
    I'll take a trip up from Mayo tomorrow and head into the office and hopefully get sorted.
    I just remember from before hearing that if you go up too far away from travel date they won't help you and if too close they won't either so not sure is tomorrow the best day to go.

Cheers, tried that and phone from 8:55 this morning but figured the chat wasn't working. Didn't get anywhere with phone either.
    I'll take a trip up from Mayo tomorrow and head into the office and hopefully get sorted.
    I just remember from before hearing that if you go up too far away from travel date they won't help you and if too close they won't either so not sure is tomorrow the best day to go.

Keep trying the webchat, constantly click it. You will eventually click at the right time when there is a space but be prepared to wait approx 45 mins. This is where you can chat with the agent and they will but your application on a priority issuing list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Applied for first passport for our little boy at start of April believing we had loads of time. Just checked online and his application is due to be done 14th June. We fly out at 15th June. Trying to get through to them but they are not answering their phones, not taking webchats and not replying to emails. I don't know what to do at this point and it's quite difficult for me to get up to the office. Any suggestions?

Applied for first passport for our little boy at start of April believing we had loads of time. Just checked online and his application is due to be done 14th June. We fly out at 15th June. Trying to get through to them but they are not answering their phones, not taking webchats and not replying to emails. I don't know what to do at this point and it's quite difficult for me to get up to the office. Any suggestions?

I'm assuming the live chat is like all other services, it will have a queue of say "50" so once one person leaves a chat room a space becomes available, so it is a matter of being patience and clicking constantly until you are lucky and hit when a space is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

You are travelling at the end of the week, I don't think it gets more urgent than that. Realistically if you talk to them tomorrow it will still take at least a day to print passport so it would go in post on Thursday and be with you on Friday. I would try webchat today and go to Dublin tomorrow if you don't get through but you are leaving it late.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shirley if a passport is applied for it will be sent out eventually, or will it never ever come unless you demand it?
    Applied 8th of April, first time application

Im currently no 4 in the webchat que
    i hope they will still be able to help even though ive lost tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Wondering if anyone has had an application refused/sent back due to smudged Garda stamp on the back of the photos?

Submitting our application for our child and the Garda did all the bits on the form, stamps, signatures etc. and then on the photos, when she stamped them, she put them back to back (stamp to stamp) and they're all smudged, like unreadable stamp..... they're still signed/initialed and have the ref num written on them. Wondering what are the chances of them being accepted like that - like the stamp is on the form and the Garda signature will match what's on the photos.....

Thanks

meeeeh wrote: »
    You are travelling at the end of the week, I don't think it gets more urgent than that. Realistically if you talk to them tomorrow it will still take at least a day to print passport so it would go in post on Thursday and be with you on Friday. I would try webchat today and go to Dublin tomorrow if you don't get through but you are leaving it late.
    Aye cheers, hadn't really left it this late tbh, have been onto office daily since 10 days ago. Onto TD and ministers office end of last week. Will go up tomorrow
    Thanks for all replies and advice

Finally got through via web chat, fella was very helpful and has prioritised my application as I'm due to travel next week. It's still in the processing stage and says it was due by 16may!!! He's passed my number onto the passport office as I said I would be willing to collect at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Contact your local TD

Caranica wrote: »
    Contact your local TD

So no one will get a passport unless they fight to get it? I'm in no hurry for it, but still I expect one within 2 months and that's nearly up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Contact your local TD

Thanks. Just done that. But i hated doing it. Parish pump politics really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

So no one will get a passport unless they fight to get it? I'm in no hurry for it, but still I expect one within 2 months and that's nearly up.

Current turnaround times for lost/stolen or first passport is 36 working days :o

Current turnaround times for lost/stolen or first passport is 36 working days :o

I'm on day 38 in that case, 38 working days ago they received it. Now had there been a problem, would I have been contacted?

Yes, I had a problem before with a baby's first passport and they rang me to say I needed to put in a parents passport too and gave me the option of dropping it into Balbriggan ( i live near by) or posting it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Is everyone getting their passport in time or are people missing flights?

garhjw wrote: »
    Is everyone getting their passport in time or are people missing flights?

i think people are getting their passports. i got a call about 4pm to say they are going into post. but i think you need to contact them to hurry the process along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

i think people are getting their passports. i got a call about 4pm to say they are going into post. but i think you need to contact them to hurry the process along.

Thanks.. heading into mount st first thing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Have finally managed to get the various signatures and photos witnessed for a non-Irish resident childrens passport renewal, but in the passing around of the paperwork between the parents I've mislaid the instruction sheet they give you that explained what additional docs needed to go with it.

For the first passport we needed to send childs birth cert, Irish parents birth cert and marriage cert.

What docs are actually needed for the second passport as the application form just says "if applicable" in various places?

I'm assuming the live chat is like all other services, it will have a queue of say "50" so once one person leaves a chat room a space becomes available, so it is a matter of being patience and clicking constantly until you are lucky and hit when a space is free.
    Looks like we are sorted, got through on Webchat eventually and got a call back yesterday evening to say they were been printed. Showing as dispatched now so hopefully get them tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

Looks like we are sorted, got through on Webchat eventually and got a call back yesterday evening to say they were been printed. Showing as dispatched now so hopefully get them tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Delighted for you, you need the patience of a saint for the webchat, but it pays off. Enjoy the travels

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement