Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Hi all, has anyone gone to the Dublin Passport office lately i.e. within the last 2 weeks, and if so what were the queues like?

Been waiting on daughters first passport for well over 35 business days at this stage and will be travelling at the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

gear_ie wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone gone to the Dublin Passport office lately i.e. within the last 2 weeks, and if so what were the queues like?

Been waiting on daughters first passport for well over 35 business days at this stage and will be travelling at the end of the month.

My wife was in mount st today and was waiting abput 25 mins before being seen. Well worthwhile as got the application sorted and passport will be with us Friday.

garhjw wrote: »
    My wife was in mount st today and was waiting abput 25 mins before being seen. Well worthwhile as got the application sorted and passport will be with us Friday.

Thanks garhjw. May just pop in to get it sorted in person.

hi garhjw,

Did your wife have to make an appointment or can you walk in?

Just saw this on the DFA website:

Our Dublin office currently operates on an appointment basis from 9am to 4.50pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that the office is closed on public holidays. Please book an appointment with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Natibaby

gear_ie wrote: »
    hi garhjw,

Did your wife have to make an appointment or can you walk in?

Just saw this on the DFA website:

Our Dublin office currently operates on an appointment basis from 9am to 4.50pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that the office is closed on public holidays. Please book an appointment with us.

You can drop in and take a ticket, my oh was in and out in 20 mins last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 millies23

I submitted my application for my first adult passport by passport express for travel on June 26. My expected date of proccess is July 17th!! I am thinking of travelling to Dublin or Cork (Cork is closer for me) and taking a ticket and seeing if I can get it on time. I tried ringing - no reply, live chat - closed so I just sent them an email but it says that they may not be able to answer my email due to high volumes! HELP ! Any advice welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

millies23 wrote: »
    I submitted my application for my first adult passport by passport express for travel on June 26. My expected date of proccess is July 17th!! I am thinking of travelling to Dublin or Cork (Cork is closer for me) and taking a ticket and seeing if I can get it on time. I tried ringing - no reply, live chat - closed so I just sent them an email but it says that they may not be able to answer my email due to high volumes! HELP ! Any advice welcome.
    When did you send in your application?

May 28th. I know it says 34 days on website but when I tried to book an appointment in Cork it said turn around was 15 days because I had a previous childs passport. I had to wait on a public services card (new thing with applications now) which is why I didnt submit it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

May 28th. I know it says 34 days on website but when I tried to book an appointment in Cork it said turn around was 15 days because I had a previous childs passport. I had to wait on a public services card (new thing with applications now) which is why I didnt submit it earlier.

Contact your local TD. No passports are printed in Cork as there are only two machines in the entire Country (Mount Street and Balbriggan) so it will have to be referred to Dublin at some point. There's a direct contact for Oireachtas queries and they should be able to get an update for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 marc antonio

Caranica wrote: »
    Contact your local TD. No passports are printed in Cork as there are only two machines in the entire Country (Mount Street and Balbriggan) so it will have to be referred to Dublin at some point. There's a direct contact for Oireachtas queries and they should be able to get an update for you.

Firstly, Caranica is right passports are only printed in Dublin.
    Secondly the web chat is great but read my previous post about it being a looped system. It about clicking and clicking until you get a space. I contacted them on Friday and again on Tuesday and received my passports in the post today. So well worth waiting on a web chat live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 smuffysox

Anyone got any 10 digit codes from the cereal, they not using. They dont have the promotional boxes in my local store.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

I submitted applications in April, estimated date given 25th May concerned they would require additional information (as changing 1 to a common name another is a first time applicant) and not be ready on time for start of July travel.
    got on chat queue today around 2pm after about 15mins clicking then about half hour wait.
    They confirmed documents ok and to contact them again if not issued by 20th June (which would be 2 months after submitted application).

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Millie your application is for a renewal not a first time passport. You put the wrong info in their tracker. Check what the turnaround time is for renewals and then count out the working days from when you sent it. That should give you a better idea of how long you'll be waiting.

The tracking number I received online for my passport isn’t recognised when I type it into the an post site. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

The tracking number I received online for my passport isn’t recognised when I type it into the an post site. Anyone else have this problem?

When did you get the tracking number? Can take a couple hours before showing up on an posts website as they might not have received it yet (they will at some point today).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I received a tracking number yesterday afternoon that’s still not recognised on the an post site.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Got my passport, they received it 11 April, I got it June 5th . First timer

I received a tracking number yesterday afternoon that’s still not recognised on the an post site.

Same here but the passport was delivered about an hour ago so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maloo

Applied for passports for my two kids in April, one a first time application, and one a renewal, and applied for my own a week later after tearing the house apart looking for it. Kids passports were due 29th of may, and my own June 15th. We’re travelling on June 19th, so was worried last week when I heard nothing about the kids passports. I rang the office (took over 30 mins to get into a queue!), and the lady I spoke to put a note on the two applications, to make them priority. She also advised I contact my local TD, which I think is a total misuse of their time, but I did it anyway! We happened to be in Dublin for a gig the other night so called in to the office the following morning, took a ticket, waited an hour. We were advised we’d need to come to the office again to collect the day before travel, as the backlog is so big they are dealing with only those with dates of travel within the next three days. But today I checked the tracker and the kids passports were printing and have now been dispatched! No update on my own unfortunately. Not sure if they were in line to be done anyway, or if calling in helped. I would seriously recommend the online route for people if it’s possible at all! But because my passport was a second lost one I don’t think I could have. It’s a pity. Online seems to be a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭RainBow_xo

I second the poster above me^^. We were told at the passport office that they prioritise flights in the following two days. They try to call 2 days before flight, to collect it day before (or have it posted by next day delivery).

Going into passport office really sped up our application (applied in May for a lost passport, which was meant to be issued on June 27, and got call today to say passport sent in the mail today)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 clehane1

I booked an appointment for the pilot passport program, as I'm flying out in less than three working days. I think I entered my email address wrong, as I got no confirmation. Really worried that somehow it didn't go through on their side and I didn't screenshot the confirmation page. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Hi all,
    I have yet to apply for my passport for my 1 year old son, we are due to fly on the 5th July, we have the application fully completed, I rang the passport office in cork today to explain the situation, they told me to book an appointment, there are none available for this month or next month, is it worth my while just turning up at 9am tomorrow with the completed application form and hope that someone will see me. Surely they have cancellations every day. Has anyone any recent experience doing something similar. 
    Any advice on my situation?

Hi all,
    I have yet to apply for my passport for my 1 year old son, we are due to fly on the 5th July, we have the application fully completed, I rang the passport office in cork today to explain the situation, they told me to book an appointment, there are none available for this month or next month, is it worth my while just turning up at 9am tomorrow with the completed application form and hope that someone will see me. Surely they have cancellations every day. Has anyone any recent experience doing something similar. 

Hi all,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

epopnomis wrote: »
    Hi all,

New appointments released at 12.30 every day. You're probably too late to get one from today's batch but try tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My son applied online for his first adult passport on Thursday (7th) didn't need public service card. It arrived this morning!! :)

Caranica wrote: »
    New appointments released at 12.30 every day. You're probably too late to get one from today's batch but try tomorrow

none released for cork today. was on at 12:30

netopia wrote: »
    Millie your application is for a renewal not a first time passport. You put the wrong info in their tracker. Check what the turnaround time is for renewals and then count out the working days from when you sent it. That should give you a better idea of how long you'll be waiting.
    wIt's a first time adult passport which according to the website takes 34 days hence my July issue date. I have been live chatting (after clicking a zillion times and waiting 50mins) and they are helpful. They have noted my date of travel on application and said I can collect but cannot expediate things til next tues which only leaves 4 working days for passport to arrive. :eek: They said travelling to a passport office to speed thing up would make no difference.

wIt's a first time adult passport which according to the website takes 34 days hence my July issue date. I have been live chatting (after clicking a zillion times and waiting 50mins) and they are helpful. They have noted my date of travel on application and said I can collect but cannot expediate things til next tues which only leaves 4 working days for passport to arrive. They said travelling to a passport office to speed thing up would make no difference.

• Advertisement

Update
    Passport arrived today , 13 July
    The application was received on 16 April, by the express post service.
    2 emails were sent, the first got a standard response, and the second, a couple of weeks ago, got a response that the application was being prioritized.

No TD’s integreties were compromised in the issuing of this passport. 😉
    Waldo99 wrote: »
    Any updates on current wait times?
    Passport was expected in 18th May, and there have been no updates since.

Chat is down.

The phone goes direct to a message saying they can’t take a call. Better than being out on hold indefinitely.

They responded to email query with a standard reply to check the tracker.

The system seems to be working very poorly at the moment.

Not travelling for another few weeks, but I thought I had applied in plenty of time to avoid this crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement