Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 millies23

Submitted application for a first adult passport by passport express received by passport office on May 29. (Expected dispatch time according to DFA website was 35 days). Had booked travel for June 26th. Passport tracker showed expected date of dispatch as July 17 :eek:
    On June 7th I tried several times to ring. I sent an email and received no reply. I tried live chat but kept getting message to try later. My clever friends here on boards then advised me to keep clicking "chat now" which I did and eventually was successful. Betty on live chat (after a 25 minute wait)was very reassuring and placed a note in my application that travel was booked and advised me to monitor the tracker. On June 12th there was no movement on the tracker and so I clicked away 100 times again and eventually live chatted Debbie W (45min wait) who once again reassured me that if I saw no movement on the tracker by June 19, they could help me.
    On June 18, tracker said passport printing and sure enough it arrived on June 21st. Happy days. Incidentally my application also included a child's passport renewal and it also arrived on June 21st though I had told them this was non urgent. 3 cheers for peeps in passport office,
    Biggest problems for me were conflicting info on website, not being able to get through by phone and not knowing how live chat works. That and the tone of the website info..... felt like a bold child for not getting application in sooner. The live chat reps were brill tho.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Sent my daughters passport in for renewal on Thursday via passport express for travel on the 28th of next month. Bricking it as she is 8 and signed her own name in the box on the form...with one letter incorrect which she then scribbled out and put the new one in its place.
    What's the chances it's rejected?

Live chat them tomorrow and they can tell you. Probably be fine. Read my post there about my recent experience if you are unsure about live chat as I hadn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dmcgeogs

millies23 wrote: »
    Submitted application for a first adult passport by passport express received by passport office on May 29. (Expected dispatch time according to DFA website was 35 days). Had booked travel for June 26th. Passport tracker showed expected date of dispatch as July 17 :eek:
    On June 7th I tried several times to ring. I sent an email and received no reply. I tried live chat but kept getting message to try later. My clever friends here on boards then advised me to keep clicking "chat now" which I did and eventually was successful. Betty on live chat (after a 25 minute wait)was very reassuring and placed a note in my application that travel was booked and advised me to monitor the tracker. On June 12th there was no movement on the tracker and so I clicked away 100 times again and eventually live chatted Debbie W (45min wait) who once again reassured me that if I saw no movement on the tracker by June 19, they could help me.
    On June 18, tracker said passport printing and sure enough it arrived on June 21st. Happy days. Incidentally my application also included a child's passport renewal and it also arrived on June 21st though I had told them this was non urgent. 3 cheers for peeps in passport office,
    Biggest problems for me were conflicting info on website, not being able to get through by phone and not knowing how live chat works. That and the tone of the website info..... felt like a bold child for not getting application in sooner. The live chat reps were brill tho.

Where about was your tracker before it jumped to printing? My husbands is about 25-30% full so I’m hoping it jumps up soon.

Dmcgeogs wrote: »
    Where about was your tracker before it jumped to printing? My husbands is about 25-30% full so I’m hoping it jumps up soon.

Yes same...it was 25 -30% also and on printing jumped to about 90% and it arrived 2 days later. Don't worry, just keep in touch with them.

konnod321 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I helped my mum apply for her first ever passport last month(few people were shocked to hear she never owned one her entire life), anyways according to the tracking it says it was received on the 29th of May and estimated issue date is 19th of July.

She wanted to go away with a few family members first week of July, but sadly I don't think that can happen?
    They have all their tickets booked and she hasn't yet cause she's worried the passport wouldn't arrive.

Is there anything she can do to speed up the process? Like if She were to book it and then call or email the Dublin office with confirmation of her travelling plans?
    I have also seen people going down to Dublin appointment offices.
    I don't know much on how these things work so please bear with me.

Thanks
    Live chat them and they will look after you. They will even arrange that you can collect it in Dublin if that suits you.

• Advertisement

On June 18, tracker said passport printing and sure enough it arrived on June 21st. Happy days. Incidentally my application also included a child's passport renewal and it also arrived on June 21st though I had told them this was non urgent.  3 cheers for peeps in passport office,

Yes same...it was 25 -30% also and on printing jumped to about 90% and it arrived 2 days later. Don't worry, just keep in touch with them.
    Ok. I was on chat today and she said it still has to be checked so im guessing that's the next stage, but if I don't receive it by june28th then contact them again but she also told me its taking roughly 34 working days for renewals so I'm not sure what to believe

Another question. The last updated time on the tracking would change every 2 hours but now it’s not and not updating. Is there any significance in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

Hi, anyone have any experience of someone from Balbriggan calling them?

I've 2 children's applications that have gone well past the expected delivery dates and we're due to travel tomorrow. I've been onto webchat and called into the office numerous times over the last 10 days. I was promised someone would call me from Balbriggan but I don't hold out much hope.....

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

sorry to hear that Gmaximum. the agent on the chat did ask for my mobile number but I did not get a call as the passports were processed very soon after that and it was in advance of my travel date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

ax530 wrote: »
    sorry to hear that Gmaximum. the agent on the chat did ask for my mobile number but I did not get a call as the passports were processed very soon after that and it was in advance of my travel date.

Well the good news i did get a call and I’m picking up passports tomorrow. Turns out they only prioritized them on Thursday last week despite too previous promises of doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jah718

Hi all, I am applying for a new passport as my current one does not have any available pages left. If I do the passport online application, can I continue to use my current passport during the period before my new passport arrives?

Also, does anyone know if a full passport counts as "damaged"?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jah718

Thanks Fred Swanson, the only issue I am having is that it I have to select one of the options on the website, expired, damaged, lost or stolen.

It still has more than a year to expiry so can't use that one, should I select damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Aoife_H89

Just submitted a first time adult passport application yesterday and the online tracker is saying the 9th of August.
    I don't have travel booked until Early September so it isn't to bad!

I know there is long delays but just wondering, has anyone received their first time passport before the estimated date ?

how long does it take once it changes to printing to dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

Did you use Passport Express

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

I am another of those lost souls (travel on 06/07/2018, discovered children passports expired, sent in renwals via Passport Express last week Monday, Tracker acknowledged receipt on Tuesday 19/06/2018, today Tracker indicates receipt 1week and 1 day ago with green bar more than 30% saying processing. Spoke to Live chat, nothing mentioned about prioritising or taking mobile number to call. Worried sick. Would it help if I drive to Cork tomorrow and speak to someone over the counter? Perhaps a better question would be that since it seems that we all worry for nothing and that the Passport Office comes through just in time, my question - Has anybody heard of a not so happy ending where holiday makers had to abort their plans due to not having the correct travel documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Grootbaas wrote: »
    I am another of those lost souls (travel on 06/07/2018, discovered children passports expired, sent in renwals via Passport Express last week Monday, Tracker acknowledged receipt on Tuesday 19/06/2018, today Tracker indicates receipt 1week and 1 day ago with green bar more than 30% saying processing. Spoke to Live chat, nothing mentioned about prioritising or taking mobile number to call. Worried sick. Would it help if I drive to Cork tomorrow and speak to someone over the counter? Perhaps a better question would be that since it seems that we all worry for nothing and that the Passport Office comes through just in time, my question - Has anybody heard of a not so happy ending where holiday makers had to abort their plans due to not having the correct travel documents?

You know you applied for something that takes at least 15 days but you didn't give it 15 days. No chance I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 njcarey

Did online renewal on the 26th...says it was printed on the same day, posted on 27th & it’s in Swords Depot already!? Surely can’t be that quick

EDIT; that was correct, Applied for online renewal on 26th & received on 28th, stunned!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bcunning16

Does anyone know how long it takes for a passport express to be delivered in NI? Was showing as dispatched yesterday but the tracking is no further on. We were hoping it show today as at least in the Belfast sorting office. Worrying as we travel on Saturday and this application was sent passport express 8 weeks ago!

You’ll prob get it tomorrow or Saturday I’d say.
    How long was yours in printing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bcunning16

No more than 48 hours. Seemed to pass through that stage very quickly. Really hoping it arrives tomorrow! Just not sure what way it has been sent or what the standard delivery times are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Can anybody shed any light on how the passports are queued for processing? 2 different people have gotten their passports back before me now, and mine hasn't even been checked. One posted the same day as me and they got it last Friday, the other posted a few days after me and it seems to have just arrived early.

All lots of applications were child renewals, no confusing consent issues or issues etc. I was the only one that put in a travel letter. I've a suspicion that in typical passport office Irish fashion the travel priority line moves slower from arrival in the office.

I used live help yesterday and was told that because my application was overdue, it was moved to the priority queue, but that mean they were processed by travel date and not application date, and my application would likely be continually shuffled to the back of the queue if anybody else travelling ahead of us.

I'm so frustrated at not just being able to figure out why mine wasn't done to begin with, as the other 2 were.

Is it just as simple as it being a **** random inept system, or am I missing something relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

You can pop over to the main BA forum (a Vodafone offer) for Fast-track, Dublin Airport right here.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

Just a couple of quick questions about renewal.
    I got my last passport in 2009 when I was 14 and it expired in July 2014. I will be applying for my first adult passport. Am I able to renew or do I need to apply as if it's my first time? Also I changed address, how does this effect renewal?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

CaptainR wrote: »
    Just a couple of quick questions about renewal.
    I got my last passport in 2009 when I was 14 and it expired in July 2014. I will be applying for my first adult passport. Am I able to renew or do I need to apply as if it's my first time? Also I changed address, how does this effect renewal?

Thanks
    It's a renewal. Do it online. My son did the same a couple of weeks ago. He's been using his British one but that expired this week so he renewed his Irish one online and had it in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

For fraud prevention purposes, we insist that all applicants submit the originals of their birth and marriage certificates. We do not accept laminated, certified or photocopies of these documents.

What they mean by Original Birth Cert? The only thing you can get is a certified copy?

454620.PNG

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement