Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Called the passport office yesterday and my application was finally up on their system!

I was told to fax in a proof of travel so I did that along with a cover letter and I got a call in the afternoon about it.

So after nearly 2 months of crap I will be collecting my passport tomorrow afternoon.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kaggie

hi I need to know if I go to get a new irish passport(and submit my current one) will my pasport number change as i NEED this for my esta application. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 fergalmejergal

I'm travelling to Spain in two weeks and i just realised that my passport expired yesterday .

How do i go about gettin a passport in time ? What are the chances of getting one in time ?

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Sent Passport to Dublin Office 24 June 2010 via Passport Express recd new Passport 20 July 2010.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacAva

I sent my application in late June. Unfortunately my photos were too bright and it was declined. They sent me out a letter with a passport express envelope to send the pics back in.

Dropped it in Monday and it was registered again yesterday and travelling in 2 weeks. A woman in the PP office said I would'nt lose my place in the queue.

Providing my photos are ok, does this mean my application will skip the long checking process this time as it has already been checked and go straight to be printed?

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Mine went in 27th of last month, arrived two days ago.

Was told 22 day wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Went in to the Dublin counter with mine last Tuesday. Had to wait about half an hour and was told it'd be ready by August 17th.

According to this, the turnaround time for Passport Express is 20 working days. Doesn't seem worth it.

They do have an emergency service, but it appears to cost an extra €55 on top of the €80 for the passport. Turnaround for that seems to be three working days and you'd need proof of travel plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 alan2009

Hi everyone

I sent my passport by passport express on the 05/07/10 and low and behold got it in the post not 10 mins ago 17 days that is a pretty good turn around. So for anyone else who is worried out there if u get the application in and have the 20 days to wait I am sure it will be processed

That is a good turnaround... It wouldnt have been registered until the Wednesday, so 15 days from when it was registered to reaching your house. I hope the same will apply for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

I dropped mine into post office yesterday for passport express and the clerk told me it 20 working days. Its probably just to cover themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kaykay300

I'm flying to England on the the 13th of August with Ryanair and just realised my passport is out of date, i know i wont get it back in time if i sent it express way as it takes 20 working days, but can i go up to the passport office in Dublin with my flight details and pay extra to get it faster.
    is there any official number i can ring to confirm this can be done?Or does anyone know of anyone that has been able to do this?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Dropped passport into Cork PPO.
    Get my reference number.
    Texted ref number to lad in work who knows someone in Cork PPO.
    Passport in my letterbox in 4 working days :D

Dropped passport into Cork PPO.
    Get my reference number.
    Texted ref number to lad in work who knows someone in Cork PPO.
    Passport in my letterbox in 4 working days :D

Maybe this is the reason for the back-log!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If you could do it, you'd do the same. ;)
    I paid the fee, passport express promises service within 10 business days and this was done as promised.
    I got what I paid for, no more and no less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

If you could do it, you'd do the same. ;)
    I paid the fee, passport express promises service within 10 business days and this was done as promised.
    I got what I paid for, no more and no less.

Actually they are only guaranteeing 20 days now and for a while the guarantee was suspended altogether

The Passport Service is now in a position to re-introduce a GUARANTEED turnaround time for passport applications. Applications submitted via the Passport Express service (Swiftpost in the Republic and NIPX in the North), available through local post offices, are now guaranteed to be processed within 20 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

kaykay300 wrote: »
    I'm flying to England on the the 13th of August with Ryanair and just realised my passport is out of date, i know i wont get it back in time if i sent it express way as it takes 20 working days, but can i go up to the passport office in Dublin with my flight details and pay extra to get it faster.
    is there any official number i can ring to confirm this can be done?Or does anyone know of anyone that has been able to do this?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    The details are on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Dropped an application into the Dublin Office and had the new passport in my postbox in 10 working days. So maybe things are getting better.

dudara wrote: »
    Dropped an application into the Dublin Office and had the new passport in my postbox in 10 working days. So maybe things are getting better.

Was this recently??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I was going to start a thread on this today.

My daughters mother forgot to include her birth cert in her passport application. (I know)

I re posted it with the birth cert yesterday. My first hol with her is leaving the 12th August.

Am I going to have to go to Passport office, or will I have a chance of getting it back in time due to it being 'in the que' already?

If anyone has any recent experience, i'd appreciate it.

thanks

I was going to start a thread on this today.

My daughters mother forgot to include her birth cert in her passport application. (I know)

I re posted it with the birth cert yesterday. My first hol with her is leaving the 12th August.

Am I going to have to go to Passport office, or will I have a chance of getting it back in time due to it being 'in the que' already?

If anyone has any recent experience, i'd appreciate it.

thanks

Im in this position but with my photos as they were too bright!!

Was your application declined?
    Did you get a passport express envelope out in the post for to send the birth cert in?

I was on to the passport office and the lady said I wouldn't lose my place in the queue and should have it within 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

MacAva wrote: »
    Im in this position but with my photos as they were too bright!!

Was your application declined?
    Did you get a passport express envelope out in the post for to send the birth cert in?

I was on to the passport office and the lady said I wouldn't lose my place in the queue and should have it within 2 weeks.

Yes the application was declined so I posted the birth cert back in the express envelope

fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

Got my passport in 14 working days!

Yay..

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

alan2009 wrote: »
    I sent my passport by passport express on the 05/07/10 and low and behold got it in the post not 10 mins ago 17 days that is a pretty good turn around. So for anyone else who is worried out there if u get the application in and have the 20 days to wait I am sure it will be processed

mine was registered on same day only being printed today :) in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

has anyone got any experience of how long it takes to get a passport back through the normal post?? Not the express service.

Has anyone any good news about passport turnaround?

If someone had to resend something that was omitted from previos application or incorrect (photos) is the application rechecked???

I am going away next week.... Do they try have your passport for you???

icon9.gificon9.gificon9.gif

Davestator,

Has your daughter received her passport?

Any word from the passport office??

Passport READY!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Picking it up on Thursday....

To be honest I think that, apart from the fact that I am travelling next Thurs morning, they sorted it for me as I followed up on its progress every day by phone since last Wed and finally got through to a really nice, patient lady who put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and told me it would be ready for collection on Thurs!

Im delighted!!!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their passport!

MacAva wrote: »
    Davestator,

Has your daughter received her passport?

Any word from the passport office??

Yep, got it in the post on Tuesday morning!!

Only re-posted it on Friday afternoon so much quicker than expected.

Delighted you got sorted too.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 parklife1

Any ideas on Passport times for normal post?
    I'm travelling to Slovakia on the 11th October, do ye think I'll be OK?

• Advertisement

parklife1 wrote: »
    Any ideas on Passport times for normal post?
    I'm travelling to Slovakia on the 11th October, do ye think I'll be OK?

Yes, plenty of time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement