Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

All you need to do now is send back your old passport. That is all the proof they need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Haddockman wrote: »
    All you need to do now is send back your old passport. That is all the proof they need.

Is it definitely?

Cheers mate, was worried I wouldn't get it in time :)

According to the instructions for APS1 E it is only for first time applicants that all the documents are needed. For renewals your most recent Irish Passport is all that is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Adren

Hi there, on one of my visa pages, I think the 3rd one, of my passport, I had some one sign there autograph on it.

Has this mad my passport redundant? I am to fly to canada on the 31st of janurary.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭prunudo

Hi Guys, Just a quick question, Do you know if the Dublin passort office is open tomorrow morning or will I have to wait till Monday morning. Their website seems to be down. Need it for next weekend, big whoops :mad:

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Open monday at 9:30 and you will need proof of travel. It will also cost you 135 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Hi guys, I'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't want to wade through 68 pages of posts.

Basically I'm not sure where my passport is at the moment, I'm fairly sure it's at my family home in Wexford and will go down to search for it soon. But I'm flying to Paris on the 28th of February and will need it by then. So I'm just wondering, if I can't find it, what gruesome fate awaits me if I want to get an emergency replacement from the Passport Office? In terms of cost/waiting period, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Hi guys, I'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't want to wade through 68 pages of posts.

Basically I'm not sure where my passport is at the moment, I'm fairly sure it's at my family home in Wexford and will go down to search for it soon. But I'm flying to Paris on the 28th of February and will need it by then. So I'm just wondering, if I can't find it, what gruesome fate awaits me if I want to get an emergency replacement from the Passport Office? In terms of cost/waiting period, etc?

Apply for it by passport express and you should have it back in 10 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Oh thanks, I presumed there were more delays when you lose a passport and are not simply renewing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

If you're replacing a lost passport, you'll have to explain on the form how you lost it and give details of any previous passport that was lost.
    You'll need your birth cert, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭prunudo

Open monday at 9:30 and you will need proof of travel. It will also cost you 135 in total.

Thank you for your reply, do you know do I need a special form or is it the normal renewal form that I use. I still have the existing passport it has just expired.

jvan wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply, do you know do I need a special form or is it the normal renewal form that I use. I still have the existing passport it has just expired.

Just a regular passport application form, give your old passport with it, thats all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

I've just realised that my passport has expired and I've booked a flight for one week's time (Ryanair). What do I do? I live in Monaghan and I work 9-5 so it would be a serious hassle to have to drive to the passport office.

You will have to go there or your not going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I've just realised that my passport has expired and I've booked a flight for one week's time (Ryanair). What do I do? I live in Monaghan and I work 9-5 so it would be a serious hassle to have to drive to the passport office.

You need to get a new passport. No way round it if flying with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Quick question,

My son was 6 months old when his first and only Irish passport was lost. We never replaced it as he also has a British and a Singapore one. The loss was never reported to the Gardaí but was to the British police as we were in England at the time.

My son is now 3. What's the procedure for replacing a lost Irish passport for a child? We live in Ireland.

Fill out the standard APS1 and get the Gardaí to complete the lost passport section. Simples.

I just realised i only sent 2 (signed) photos and still have the other 2 here. Will they definitely sent it back or do they really need all 4?

edit: via passport express, will i have to pay the 80 quid again if they do?

They only need 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Does anyone know if they will accept a cheque as payment for the emergency passport service or will they have to wait for the cheque to clear first (possibly delaying it a few days)?

• Advertisement

Cash is king. Followed by credit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

Rycn wrote: »
    via passport express, will i have to pay the 80 quid again if they do?

While the poster in this case is fine as two photos suffice, in general, whenever the passport office want some kind of additional document, they will send you a Freepost envelope. No need to pay €80 again. No need to pay for a stamp even :).

undo wrote: »
    While the poster in this case is fine as two photos suffice, in general, whenever the passport office want some kind of additional document, they will send you a Freepost envelope. No need to pay €80 again. No need to pay for a stamp even :).

Cheers, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i was supposed to be going the Amsterdam with my friend next thursday but she now has to go into hospital and wont make it, so i asked my other friend but he renewed his passport and is only expecting it back on friday. anything we can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

only expecting it back on friday. anything we can do?

Ring the passport office and ask them whether they can have it ready on time? They are good people in there. With a valid reason and when asking nicely, you are likely to get what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

undo wrote: »
    Ring the passport office and ask them whether they can have it ready on time? They are good people in there. With a valid reason and when asking nicely, you are likely to get what you need.

Best advice on this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Hey y'all!

Here i've a tricky assignement, Need to get to leeds bradford from belfast, i'm an irish citizen, i.e irish passport holder. its expired a few months back so i cant fly with ryanair. i want to know can i fly with flybe.com on drivers licence(which is irish as well) fly from belfast to leeds one way, need to take the boat back....

Thanks if any one knows the answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 psycatron

i think Flybe allow you to fly with an out of date passport or driving licence
    http://www.flybe.com/flightInfo/id_requirements.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wicks

Hi has anyone applied to replace a lost passport since the new regulations came into force on Jan 17th 2011. I brought in my application today but have been told i won't get it till 16th Feb - is there any chance i'll get it earlier - I really need it for work. Tnks

• Advertisement

What new regulations are these?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement