Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 gowayuwilya

Hi, I applied for my passport on April 1st (not a joke) and im flying out with a group on 23rd April, thought id have it in lots of time. Is it not a ten day turnaround anymore, calling their helpline is a bit of a joke. Am i better off to just go and turn up at the office. It's at the second stage according to the website. Any help or advice please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Mo MO

Hi, I applied for my passport on April 1st (not a joke) and im flying out with a group on 23rd April, thought id have it in lots of time. Is it not a ten day turnaround anymore, calling their helpline is a bit of a joke. Am i better off to just go and turn up at the office. It's at the second stage according to the website. Any help or advice please...

Hi OP,

email them, they will respond quicker. i have a contact that dealt with my daughters passport i will PM it to you now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Did you apply, at the office, by ordinary post or via passport express. Only 1 of those have a 10 day service.

Also have you lost your passport ? If so due to the changes in regulations there is no gurantee on thime because of the extra times needed to confirm details.

Mo MO wrote: »
    Hi OP,

email them, they will respond quicker. i have a contact that dealt with my daughters passport i will PM it to you now

thanks a mil mo mo, I already sent a message though their email contact on the website. Is it the same email address u sent me?

Did you apply, at the office, by ordinary post or via passport express. Only 1 of those have a 10 day service.

Also have you lost your passport ? If so due to the changes in regulations there is no gurantee on thime because of the extra times needed to confirm details.

Elvis I applied through passport express on Apr 1st. I knew I was travelling at the end of April and I was sure i had lots of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Elvis I applied through passport express on Apr 1st. I knew I was travelling at the end of April and I was sure i had lots of time.

Ok,

That is a bad delay then.

Ok,

That is a bad delay then.
    Chalk it down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

If passport application is rejected for a poor picture do they send back the whole application and do you have to pay full €80 again?

No, you just have to send in a new set of unsigned photos and the original application will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shaneraff

ferent wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply! I have already sent application through passport express but looks like I won't get it in time, so I'm bringing in my proof of immediate travel. Just hoping I'm not there for hours!

Hey ferent any update on this? im in the exact same boat! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Could be rejected.
    I posted family of 4 on April 04th.
    3 are down as printed when i tracked them last Friday but one is back at the second stage like yours.

• Advertisement

3 of the 4 arrived today, good turn around.
    last one stuck at stage 2, no word yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ferent

shaneraff wrote: »
    Hey ferent any update on this? im in the exact same boat! :confused:

They seem to be under huge pressure in there. There were lots of people who should have gotten their passport ages ago. So they didn't see me as a priority (which is fair enough, I left myself a bit short on time!) But they said they'd see what they could do anyway.

In the case of passports which have gone over the 10 days, they do seem to speed these up. I heard them tell people to call back later, or in the next day or two and it would be there for them.

Oh and the queue really wasn't too bad, I got there at 9 and was number 17 in line. They opened at half past. Although it did fill up very quickly after I arrived. I was seen by half ten.

just out now, brought my proof of flight and receipt from office
    he took a copy to fax to ballbrigan, if said I can collect it Thurs!
    PRob helped that Friday would have been the 10th day , and itsgood
    FrIday so there closed

They were pleasant as well have to say.

best of Luck to all of you with your applications.

must point out that I was número uno in the Que. Dunno
    If that would affect things. There since quarter past bloody eight!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

has anyone else noticed the date application received change when their application goes from registered to being checked? Used passport express and application was sitting at registered until Friday, when the date received then changed from 5th to 15th and status changed to being checked? Seems like they are trying to buy some time by changing the date received? Still waiting on any progress - is it worth emailing to chase up seeing as it should have been done by today.....

LavaLamp wrote: »
    has anyone else noticed the date application received change when their application goes from registered to being checked? Used passport express and application was sitting at registered until Friday, when the date received then changed from 5th to 15th and status changed to being checked? Seems like they are trying to buy some time by changing the date received? Still waiting on any progress - is it worth emailing to chase up seeing as it should have been done by today.....

I've just noticed the last one im waiting from has gone back a step from being checked to being received :(
    No change in received date, it is still the 5th.
    I sent an e-mail this morning with no reply yet.
    When did you post?

I've just noticed the last one im waiting from has gone back a step from being checked to being received :(
    No change in received date, it is still the 5th.
    I sent an e-mail this morning with no reply yet.
    When did you post?

Mine has just done that too! :( However, the received date has also changed back to 5th. Posted it on the 4th and it was all looking so promising. Now I have no idea what is going on. Will see what the status is tomorrow and email them to find out what the deal is.

LavaLamp wrote: »
    Mine has just done that too! :( However, the received date has also changed back to 5th. Posted it on the 4th and it was all looking so promising. Now I have no idea what is going on. Will see what the status is tomorrow and email them to find out what the deal is.

Could be rejected i'd say, like i said i sent family of 4 away on 4th of which 3 arrived this morning. Good turn around for the 3 in fairness.
    6 weeks before i travel so no panic yet. When you need it for?

Could be rejected i'd say, like i said i sent family of 4 away on 4th of which 3 arrived this morning. Good turn around for the 3 in fairness.
    6 weeks before i travel so no panic yet. When you need it for?

That'd be annoying to say the least, need it for first week in May. Good that you got 3 of yours, you'd think there would be some communication re the 4th if there was a problem though, strange. Hopefully someone is just pressing the wrong buttons on the updates.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Hey Guys

I know its a long shot but would anyone give me any hope...

Applied two weeks ago, rang today and they said it wouldnt arrive til next Tuesday....I'm flying out tuesday morning at 6am!!!! You guys reckon if I go que tomorrow I could get anything done?!?! I will try anything at this stage....tears, I'll camp out, I dont care!!!

Ta

bigbudda wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I know its a long shot but would anyone give me any hope...

Applied two weeks ago, rang today and they said it wouldnt arrive til next Tuesday....I'm flying out tuesday morning at 6am!!!! You guys reckon if I go que tomorrow I could get anything done?!?! I will try anything at this stage....tears, I'll camp out, I dont care!!!

Ta

Q....Qu....Que.....Queu.....Queue :)

Bring you're flight details as well.

Ah thank you, that is what I shall do!! First one there tomorrow morning....

Wish me luck. . . .

Got a phone call, 4th passport is approved but wont be back in cork for a couple of days. Must be some extra security checks for first time applicants. Other 3 were second time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

This is a bit off topic but seeing as it is to do with passports ill ask anyway :P
    I know this sounds a bit stupid but where should you put your passport when away on holidays? going to greece this year, don't want to put it in the hotel safe because i've heard there are alot of thefts in resorts like that, especially seeing as the staff have keys to it. Don't want to leave it in my room for the same reason! Especially after hearing about what happened to michaela mccreavy in mauritias. I wouldn't trust the staff when they are cleaning the rooms! but then i don't want to carry it around on me incase bag got lost/stolen. Any ideas? My bf said to lock it into my suitcase? Any ideas would be great :)

shaneraff wrote: »
    just out now, brought my proof of flight and receipt from office
    he took a copy to fax to ballbrigan, if said I can collect it Thurs!
    PRob helped that Friday would have been the 10th day , and itsgood
    FrIday so there closed

They were pleasant as well have to say.

best of Luck to all of you with your applications.

wow your situation seems to be exactly mine! Friday was my 10th day too. Great that you have it sorted, such a relief! Things are moving with mine now, its at the approved stage, next stage is printing so thats great!
    I have to say the last woman I met wasn't friendly at all, but the rest of the staff did seem to be very pleasant. I was unlucky, maybe she was having a bad day!

ferent wrote: »
    wow your situation seems to be exactly mine! Friday was my 10th day too. Great that you have it sorted, such a relief! Things are moving with mine now, its at the approved stage, next stage is printing so thats great!
    I have to say the last woman I met wasn't friendly at all, but the rest of the staff did seem to be very pleasant. I was unlucky, maybe she was having a bad day!

Deadly...mine approved now too. Might be worth noting
    for everyone that downstairs is for the APPLICATION PROCESS ONLY.

If you've already submitted your form then its first floor..that's customers service
    FIrst desk on the left in That room. that's where the magicians are! 8)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zednanrefnomar

This is a bit off topic but seeing as it is to do with passports ill ask anyway :P
    I know this sounds a bit stupid but where should you put your passport when away on holidays? going to greece this year, don't want to put it in the hotel safe because i've heard there are alot of thefts in resorts like that, especially seeing as the staff have keys to it. Don't want to leave it in my room for the same reason! Especially after hearing about what happened to michaela mccreavy in mauritias. I wouldn't trust the staff when they are cleaning the rooms! but then i don't want to carry it around on me incase bag got lost/stolen. Any ideas? My bf said to lock it into my suitcase? Any ideas would be great :)

I would use the hotel room safe and hope for the best.
    Some years ago I stayed in a small hotel in Spain where the owner kept the passports on arrival and returned them on departure.
    He kept them behind the desk where anyone could have had access, as it was often unattended. It was not a secure reception desk, just a lectern type stand with an open shelf, in the lobby of the hotel with an open front door.
    When we were leaving, he handed me the correct Irish passports for the rest of the family, but he gave me someone else's British passport instead of my own Irish one. I told him it wasn't mine, but he insisted it was, until he looked more closely and realised his mistake. Then he gave me my own one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

I would use the hotel room safe and hope for the best.
    Some years ago I stayed in a small hotel in Spain where the owner kept the passports on arrival and returned them on departure.
    He kept them behind the desk where anyone could have had access, as it was often unattended. It was not a secure reception desk, just a lectern type stand with an open shelf, in the lobby of the hotel with an open front door.
    When we were leaving, he handed me the correct Irish passports for the rest of the family, but he gave me someone else's British passport instead of my own Irish one. I told him it wasn't mine, but he insisted it was, until he looked more closely and realised his mistake. Then he gave me my own one.

Wow that doesn't sound very safe at all. Cheers for that though ill just go along with the room safe as u said and hope for the best :D doesn't look like i've many options anyway, certainly sounds better than handing it into a reception with a load of other ones. :D

• Advertisement

Just back from the passport office....said there's nothing they can do except they'll ring balbriggin and put in a good word for me???? If i go back and beg, ask them to fax my recepit and proof of flights and such, you think i'll have any more luck??? Cant find a number for balbriggin anywhere, fecking cried in the passport office and everything!!!!! flying out on tuesday, friday would of been my 10 days???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement