Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

Got a phone call, 4th passport is approved but wont be back in cork for a couple of days. Must be some extra security checks for first time applicants. Other 3 were second time around.

Just checked website and status has changed to approved :) hooray!! I think someone wasn't paying attention to the buttons they were pressing yesterday lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Applied for Passport Express on the 5th April and it hasn't been sent yet.

Whats the point of a 10 day guarantee?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Applied for Passport Express on the 5th April and it hasn't been sent yet.

Whats the point of a 10 day guarantee?

Is it your first time or a renewal? Did you track it on line?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Is it your first time or a renewal? Did you track it on line?

Renewal but last one wasn't a ten year. Yea I tracked it online.. Emailed today and they said it will be posted today. After the email it changed from printed to posted.

They told me that its 10 working days from the day they receive it.... that means it took an post 3 days to get it to them which seems unlikely

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Renewal but last one wasn't a ten year. Yea I tracked it online.. Emailed today and they said it will be posted today. After the email it changed from printed to posted.

They told me that its 10 working days from the day they receive it.... that means it took an post 3 days to get it to them which seems unlikely

I got 3 renewals back on day 10 and the fourth which was a first timer on day 13. Not a bad service in fairness. Wouldn't like to be banking on the 10 days though as you say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

After queing for hours in the passport office....then making my way all the way out to ballbriggan.....FINALLY got an emergency passport sorted in time for tuesday mornings flight.....amazing stuff!!!

They are VERY strict in Balbriggan though....no gettin through unless you have someones name, and they're expecting you!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I've read the last few pages, but still have a question!!

I'm arriving back in Ireland on the 9th of May. Need to fly out again on the 18th of June, and will need my passport by about the 10th of June to get a visa. Should this be a problem with passport express?

Also, I have a 1 year that is not up until 2013, but it's full, and it's also tattered and has the old fashioned photo laminated on the page thing which gets me some trouble at borders. Is this enough of a reason to get a new one early?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

dory wrote: »
    I'm arriving back in Ireland on the 9th of May [...] and will need my passport by about the 10th of June to get a visa. Should this be a problem with passport express?

No problem at all. It should take no more than two weeks.
    Also, I have a 1 year that is not up until 2013

No problem at all. You can get a new passport early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You can renew your passport at any time. You don't neeed a reason at all.

Send it off by passport express as soon as you get back and you will have it by June 10 easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Hi, quick question if somebody can help, my wife went to post office this morning to arrange passport express for passport for our 9 month old son, they refused the application because they said that my wife had to include her own passport with the documents, is this correct, never heard of this before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You don't need a reason to get a new passport. They'll gladly accept your cash ;)

Should be sufficient to get a new one in the time window you have.

Highlander wrote: »
    Hi, quick question if somebody can help, my wife went to post office this morning to arrange passport express for passport for our 9 month old son, they refused the application because they said that my wife had to include her own passport with the documents, is this correct, never heard of this before
    New rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

New rules.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IrishLadMark

A friends of mine has a bench warrent for his arrest in Ireland over a non-paid fine. Ive been told in the legalthread and by some in travel thread that its not a huge issue.

My friend is going to sort that out when he gets back from australia but he needs to renew his British passport. He is a citizen of northern ireland also so he shouldnt have any problems should he?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

How right is the tracking system online? I've sent mine off for renewal by express on the 8th. according to the tracking page this is what it's saying- "Received on 11/04/2011 and has been registered." Today is the 10th day including all the day's closed for Easter & good friday. I'm supposed to be flying out on Friday! I've been ringing them all day & keep getting an automated message saying "there are too many callers, try again later"
    I've emailed them too, but no reply :(

MoonDancer wrote: »
    How right is the tracking system online? I've sent mine off for renewal by express on the 8th. according to the tracking page this is what it's saying- "Received on 11/04/2011 and has been registered." Today is the 10th day including all the day's closed for Easter & good friday. I'm supposed to be flying out on Friday! I've been ringing them all day & keep getting an automated message saying "there are too many callers, try again later"
    I've emailed them too, but no reply :(

Dont know about Dublin but Cork are good to ring back if you send an e mail.
    Tracking online was 100% correct for mine, they even give the tracking number when posted.

Yeah it was Dublin where I sent it off. Whats the point in having a gaurantee if it's not gonna be back within that time.

Yeah it was Dublin where I sent it off. Whats the point in having a gaurantee if it's not gonna be back within that time.

Best option could be to call down to the office, must be near ready at this stage. Last thing you want is them popping it in the post Thursday evening.

Passport express applications go to Balbriggan. No point going to Molesworth Street as they won't be able to help you.

Passport express applications go to Balbriggan. No point going to Molesworth Street as they won't be able to help you.

Oh really? I'm a 3 hour drive from Dublin and I can't even check to see if they've posted it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ferent

Oh really? I'm a 3 hour drive from Dublin and I can't even check to see if they've posted it yet.

My experience was that the tracking is accurate, they seem to update regularly, so if anything has happened with your app they'd have put it up. I'd go to office if I were you, if you applied on time and they're late they should speed it up for you. If you keep ringing you'll eventually get into a queue, I e-mailed and got no response but I supose it's worth a try!

I don't know what to do, I've been ringing them every 5 minutes from 9-4:30 today & I couldn't get into a queue. Would it be worth my while going to the main passport office tomorrow if it was done by express?

All they will do is ring Balbriggan and ask what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ferent

I don't know what to do, I've been ringing them every 5 minutes from 9-4:30 today & I couldn't get into a queue. Would it be worth my while going to the main passport office tomorrow if it was done by express?

If I were you I'd go to the office first thing in the morning. They made mine up in a day so its worth a try. Especially when they've gone over the ten days with yours.
    If you do go into the office go straight upstairs to the customer service desks- they're the windows on the left hand side, you don't take a number for them. The office downstairs is just for new applications I think.

The passport will be in Balbriggan. The people in the office in Molesworth Street will not be able to give it to you. All they can do is contact Balbriggan and see if it can be speeded up.

They may well tell you to go to Balbriggan and collect it from there.

I'm supposed to be flying out tomorrow and my passport still hasn't arrived. Now it's "Received on 11/04/2011 and is being checked"
    Thats some service, can't even get hold of them on the phone. Fecking raging!!
    What does this "gaurantee" mean? You get something if it's not there in the 10 working days??

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mufc2010

how many pass port pics do i need?

is it better to go the express way when getting a new one?:rolleyes:

You need 4 pictures.

Are you in a hurry for your passport? When do you need it by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 corky2004

Hi all

Good thread.. :)

Need to visit molesworth st passport office on Friday to collect my passport as they are incapable of turning it around in the promised passport express 10 days. If I don't go in to collect it I may as well cancel my trip.

Anyone know if the queues are still quite bad?
    I would prefer to go up at lunchtime but if queues are a problem i might have to re-arrange my workday and be there at 9.30am when they open

Cheers :pac:

• Advertisement

Did you send it originally by passport express?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement