Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 corky2004

Did you send it originally by passport express?

Yes I did and the 10 working days passed today
    They said I could collect it from them friday if its ready

Just want to know if I should allow 6 hours for queueing etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I sent mine in by the Express service today and was told they can't guarantee the 10 day service anymore. They said it'll be 11-13 days, something to do with them bringing in new charges for sending your form in the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Well I sent mine by passport express on the 8th April & I only just got it yesterday the 3rd may!! Just a warning, I missed my holiday and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mufc2010

mufc2010 wrote: »
    how many pass port pics do i need?

is it better to go the express way when getting a new one?:rolleyes:

need it for the 1st of june

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

mufc2010 wrote: »
    need it for the 1st of june
    You will need to go into the office and pay there and get a collection date.

Passport express may be too risky at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Hi Guys,
    I have to go into the passport office tomorow to collect my passport, does anyone know how long ill be waiting as im gonna have to go on my break?? I cant imagine ill be there that long but we all now how the passport office is :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 northofwestend

Hi All,

I am just about to pull out my hair in my attempt to renew my passport.

Gladly paid the extra 8.50 to have it in ten days. Almost a month later and no sign. Contacted An Post and it was 'delivered' a week ago, but I never received it. The guy in An Post didn't / couldn't do anything for me - was a case of 'computer says no'!. No checks or ringing my local postal office to see if there any delays or missed deliveries etc, the attitude was 'I just could not be bothered'.
    Going to head down to passport office at lunch time to try and get something done / report my passport 'lost', not looking forward to it.
    NOWE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Hi Guys,

I (thought) I lost my passport last week and immediately sent off for a new one by passport express.

Using my tracking number, it has been "registered" by them as of Friday afternoon.

Typically, I found my passport this morning.

Has it already been cancelled or is there a way I can stop the application?

I know there is an emergency phoneline, but I guess I shouldn't ring that.
    Should I go into office in Dublin first thing tomorrow morning?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Hi Guys,

I (thought) I lost my passport last week and immediately sent off for a new one by passport express.

Using my tracking number, it has been "registered" by them as of Friday afternoon.

Typically, I found my passport this morning.

Has it already been cancelled or is there a way I can stop the application?

I know there is an emergency phoneline, but I guess I shouldn't ring that.
    Should I go into office in Dublin first thing tomorrow morning?

Thanks

Once you've reported it lost on the form and the Gardai have signed it, I doubt you'll be able to cancel the application. The guards are supposed to forward that info on to Interpol. I wouldn't use that passport but submit it to the passport office with your application barcode. It's better for your passport history.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merjock

Just received my new passport today and was surprised to find that
    my photo is in black and white! Not only that but ALL the colour photos I sent them were returned in the envelope. I know it's a digitally printed photo, but surely it should be in colour? I though all passports had to have colour photos, how are foreign agencies supposed to know what colour eyes or hair I have?

• Advertisement

LOL!

All new passports now have black and white photos.

LOL!

Weird!! Is all the biometric information somehow encoded in the passport? If so, where & how?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

LOL!

Maybe all Irish passports do.

The biometric info is on a chip embedded in the picture page.

The biometric info is on a chip embedded in the picture page.
    At least it's not embedded in my body! (yet!)

update on previous post.....

still no sign of passport, people in Molesworth street were no help. Does anyone know the process when An Post lose your passport (passport express) - i.e. it never made it to my post box? I hardly have to pay another 88.50 to start the process again??

An Post have come back to me to say 'they are unable to establish where they delivered' my passport! .. and that I must get onto the Passport Office and teh Gardai. I can't afford to take a day off work to queue at Molesworth St., also have holidays in a few weeks booked and paid for. Does anyone know how to contact Balbriggan to request that they re-process my passport? I'll never trust An Post again, joke of a service!

There is no reprocessing. You will have to make a statement to the Gardaí and apply again. You will have to go after An Post for the cost of a new passport.

Nightmare!! ...thanks for the info but that is not what I wanted to hear :(

..on the subject of posting passports, I was amazed when mine arrived
    by ordinary post! Surely they should only be sent by registered post?

• Advertisement

That would cost alot more money. Less profits you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

My friend applied for a new passport using the "Passport Express" service on May 3rd, and the application was confirmed as received on May 4th. She's due to fly on May 21st, and no sign of her passport yet.

According to the online tracking its at "received" status, as of today. Passport Office have told her to call back Monday to see if there's any update, but with just over one working week until she travels she's getting a bit concerned. At this point, is there anything she can do to guarantee she gets her passport in time? Even if it is ready, there's still a pretty good chance that An Post will take forever and a day to get it to her.

Any advice/suggestions v. much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi All

Another on here who is waiting for their passport. Here is the process so far.

28.04.11 : Posted via passport express.
    03.05.11 : Received in passport office Cork.

As of today its status is registered nothing else done to it.
    According to the website it has the following stages to go through.

Application has been received and has been registered.
    The next stage is checking the application.
    The next stage is Approved.
    The next stage is passport is printed.
    Next stage Passport Posted/Ready for Collection
    Your passport has been posted.

I have called the office on the hour every hour and all I get it in a queue please call back later. I emailed them and not a reply :mad:
    I'm travelling on the 18.05.11. Not a chance I will have it by then. It looks like I will have to go down there and queue up like a pleb :mad:.

Its a joke of a set up. I feel sorry for all those people who missed out on holidays because they not get their passports in time. They had better not make me miss my holiday or heads will roll :D

P.S. I know I should have applied well in advance but why do they offer an express service if they can not deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

My friend applied for a new passport using the "Passport Express" service on May 3rd, and the application was confirmed as received on May 4th. She's due to fly on May 21st, and no sign of her passport yet.

According to the online tracking its at "received" status, as of today. Passport Office have told her to call back Monday to see if there's any update, but with just over one working week until she travels she's getting a bit concerned. At this point, is there anything she can do to guarantee she gets her passport in time? Even if it is ready, there's still a pretty good chance that An Post will take forever and a day to get it to her.

Any advice/suggestions v. much appreciated!

I suggest that she go down there in person and get it resolved. A friend of mine queued in the Dublin office for 2 days straight to get her passport.

Contact your local TD and quote the application number. They can help expedite the application. You might as well use them for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Hi All

Another on here who is waiting for their passport. Here is the process so far.

28.04.11 : Posted via passport express.
    03.05.11 : Received in passport office Cork.

As of today its status is registered nothing else done to it.
    According to the website it has the following stages to go through.

Application has been received and has been registered.
    The next stage is checking the application.
    The next stage is Approved.
    The next stage is passport is printed.
    Next stage Passport Posted/Ready for Collection
    Your passport has been posted.

I have called the office on the hour every hour and all I get it in a queue please call back later. I emailed them and not a reply :mad:
    I'm travelling on the 18.05.11. Not a chance I will have it by then. It looks like I will have to go down there and queue up like a pleb :mad:.

Its a joke of a set up. I feel sorry for all those people who missed out on holidays because they not get their passports in time. They had better not make me miss my holiday or heads will roll :D

P.S. I know I should have applied well in advance but why do they offer an express service if they can not deliver.

If they received on 03/05 the earliest you'll get it is by 17/05.
    Keep ringing or e-mailing until you get them. It stays at the first stage for longest. It speeds through the rest once the checks are ok.
    As you're going away on 18/05 you dont want them putting it in the post. Best collect yourself.
    I found the Cork office very good to deal with last month. 3 out of my 4 arrived back to me on day 10 after they received and they rang me back about the fourth when i queried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Contact your local TD and quote the application number. They can help expedite the application. You might as well use them for something.

No they can't, but the ministers office is different....................

If they received on 03/05 the earliest you'll get it is by 17/05.
    Keep ringing or e-mailing until you get them. It stays at the first stage for longest. It speeds through the rest once the checks are ok.
    As you're going away on 18/05 you dont want them putting it in the post. Best collect yourself.
    I found the Cork office very good to deal with last month. 3 out of my 4 arrived back to me on day 10 after they received and they rang me back about the fourth when i queried.

Cork don't have anything near the volume of the 2 offices in Dublin thus the speed with their applications.

No they can't, but the ministers office is different....................
    Yes they can and will. Just read the stats on TDs getting passports for their constituents.

• Advertisement

Yes they can and will. Just read the stats on TDs getting passports for their constituents.

Yes that was true when they could apply on their behalf but that system has been removed now and is no longer done as of last yr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement