Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Kangoo Man

Kangoo Man wrote: »
    Sent my application by passport express on 26/04 and it was received on 27/04 according to passport tracking, as of tonight 16/05 it hasn't moved, that's 13 working days.

Starting to worry I won't receive it in time for the 20th!

Still no movement and it's in its 14th day, cannot get through by phone as it just says are are too many calls and to try later. I thought I was allowing loads of time as passport express is supposed to be a guaranteed 10 day turnaround!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Kangoo Man, are you dealing with Dublin or Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Kangoo Man

Dublin, it's 'Being Checked' now. So fingers crossed I'll have it for Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

What's the "trick" to get through to someone via Telephone, or even enter the queue of calls. Is there actually a queue of calls, or are they simply not answering the phone due to being so busy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hey guys/gals, wondering if anyone can give me some feedback sent the passport in trying to get a visa and it has to be in date six months after I leave the country unfortunately it stops the month before anyway so the website says approved (today) does anyone know how long it takes after that point for them to send it out to you? I assume they just approved my form today and still have to actually make it etc?

Thanks folks
    Edit for anyone wondering what time scale it is working ou at I posted it on the 29th of April and it was delivered on the 3rd of may so it's been exactly 10 working days since delivery that it took to get approval. Hopefully printing and posting will take just another day. Then it should arrive on friday. which would make it 14/15 working days turn around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RC10

RC10 wrote: »
    Hi guys, need some advice. Passport was registered with the passport office on 3rd of May. Due to fly on holidays on the 25th of May. My query is how long does it stay at the first stage for and does it take long to go through the final stages. I was told in the post office that I would have it by the 20th as it would take 13 days with back log from the bank holidays. Im starting to stress a little now though seeing as its still at stage one sfter 9 days and im running out of time. Ive emailed them but got no reply. If its not here by next Friday should i travel to dublin on the Monday and see if i can get it sorted. Where do you phone to tell them not to post it and that Ill collect it.

Thanx guys

Passport has been printed and posted today.Should hopefully have it in two days time which would be within the 13 working days stated by the woman working in my local post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RC10

Hey guys/gals, wondering if anyone can give me some feedback sent the passport in trying to get a visa and it has to be in date six months after I leave the country unfortunately it stops the month before anyway so the website says approved (today) does anyone know how long it takes after that point for them to send it out to you? I assume they just approved my form today and still have to actually make it etc?

Thanks folks
    Edit for anyone wondering what time scale it is working ou at I posted it on the 29th of April and it was delivered on the 3rd of may so it's been exactly 10 working days since delivery that it took to get approval. Hopefully printing and posting will take just another day. Then it should arrive on friday. which would make it 14/15 working days turn around.

Mines was recieved the same day as your passport, was approved yesterday,printed and posted today and I checked An Post tracker and its in Dublin en route to customer.

RC10 wrote: »
    Mines was recieved the same day as your passport, was approved yesterday,printed and posted today and I checked An Post tracker and its in Dublin en route to customer.
    Awesome thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Hi, I sent off my application in March and still haven't received my passport. My account was debited around the 20th march for the fee but I still haven't received it. Should I be worried? I want to book a holiday but don't want to do anything until I have received my passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 woaihuaren

Notice seen on the passport office website Today.
    Notice: w.e.f. 16 May 2011. Please note that due to a temporary surge in application numbers, the current processing time for Passport Express applications is 11-13 working days up until and including 3 June 2011 For example, a Passport Express application registered on 16 May would issue on 2 June. A Passport Express application registered on 23 May would issue on 10 June (due to June Bank Holiday)

Finger crossed!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Retailer

Hi

We are due to go abroad on Friday.
    In mid April I applied, via passport express for a new passport fir my newborn baby. I also had to include my own passport with the application.

Last Friday I checked the status online and it was only at stage 1 (ie they had received the application in April but done nothing with it)

After hours of trying to get through to them I eventually did and it was basically tough. If I wanted the passport I would have to come in on Wednesday for it.

On Monday I checked the status of it again online and it was listed as posted and they gave an an pos tracking ID. However an post have no record of it up as far as this morning.

Been trying to ring the passport office for the past
    Hour on 2 phones simultaneously by every single time we get the message "due to the high volume if calls we can't take your call. Goodbye."
    Funny though seeing as they don't appear to be accepting any calls how there can b a queue!!

Anyways dies anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my passport??

Because the website told me that it had been posted I didn't make arrangements to go in today to the passport office and because I work for myself I can't take time off.

Apologies for the rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

If I am travelling to the USA for a holiday, do I need a certain number of months until expiry on my passport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No. Your passport only needs to be valid for the length of your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

No. Your passport only needs to be valid for the length of your stay.

Is this the same for Germany do you know? I heard that your passport just needs to be valid for the length of your stay, then I came across this!
    http://www.germany-tourism.de/ENG/infocenter/entry_customs_regulations.htm

Hi, I sent off my application in March and still haven't received my passport. My account was debited around the 20th march for the fee but I still haven't received it. Should I be worried? I want to book a holiday but don't want to do anything until I have received my passport.

Do you have the tracking number you could check how it's going on the Department of foreign affairs website
    http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=2859

If you have passport express I was told 13(working) days and that not going by passport express could take ten weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

RTT wrote: »
    Is this the same for Germany do you know? I heard that your passport just needs to be valid for the length of your stay, then I came across this!
    http://www.germany-tourism.de/ENG/infocenter/entry_customs_regulations.htm

That's not worded correctly and/or the author is misinformed.

EU nationals have the right of entry and residence for up to three months in the territory of another member state without any conditions or formalities other than the requirement to hold a valid passport or National ID card.
    http://goo.gl/YThUX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Glornafarraige

I need a passport before the 27th of May.
    What are my chances of submitting my passport to the office this friday and picking it up in time next week ? if i have proof of flights, they say you can get it within 3 days, but I havn't been able to get through to the office to ask them if this would be possible this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rainy_18

Hi there,

I thought I'd just document my quest for a passport also....

Applying through London Embassy.

Need passport renewed for 3rd July for Honeymoon. Quoted 6 weeks turnaround.

9th May - posted (giving me about 7.5 weeks to get it back)
    12th - registered on tracking system

Then see new quoted time is 7-8 weeks.

Called and emailed Passport Office. Lady on the phone told me not to worry "ages away yet".

Later receive an email saying probably won't get it in time due to the recent surge and if I fax proof of travel they may be able to push mine along.

Faxed off the details today and now waiting to hear.....
    (I'd also included these details with my application which doesn't seem to have made any difference).

If it comes to it, I have worked out I can fly to Dublin with Aer Lingus on my drivers licence and I'm hoping as a last resort I could get it sorted this way.

Hope it won't come to this - I'll keep you posted.

If anyone has any ideas / advice - I'll take whatever I can get !

Hope everyone gets sorted in time!

Quick question - is it possible for someone to visit the passport office on my behalf - would they help them or would I have to go myself?

No they would not deal with someone else, only you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bread

I sent in my passport on May 3rd, i need it for Tuesday coming that is the 24th. However, when i go on to the tracking it is not even there, si it seems it was not registered yet. I have booked Friday off work to go in and do whatever i can to get it. Will they even deal with me if it has not even been registered yet? Will they be able to find my application? Oh god, i'm beginning to panic. I cannot get through to them on the phone at all.

Bread,

Did you send it via Passport Express or normal post?

Do you have proof of postage.

If sent by Passport Express I'm guessing you may have a chance of getting it - but by normal post I doubt it unless you go down to the PPO and show proof of travel asap.

Even though it's not on the tracking system, they may still have it. My sister renewed hers last year and it never showed on the tracking but she received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bread

I sent it with pasport express and have the reciept. I am going to go there at 8.30 tomorrow morning and just try to get it resolved early. I just hope they actually have it and can find it.

I will report back tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Hi all,

My brother is travelling to Rotterdam next Friday, and has just realised his passport is due to expire 28th May!

Whats the situation in the passport office at the minute? is there any chance of getting it the same day or if he went there Monday 9am with all documents and proof of travel would they have it ready for collection Thursday?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 firsttime_tat

Hi Guys, Just a quick question am travelling in a month have my passport status as being checked do you think if i called in there today they would approve and print it for me so i could have it today. I need to update my visa and that could take anything up to two weeks?Any Thought? Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

I oredered my passport Friday, paid the extra 8.50 so it will arrive quicker but i know lads who paid that and it still took over a month to arrive. I need it by the 26th of june so can anyone tell me how long they've been waiting for theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Mates passport has been posted this morning - despite her being in there yesterday and saying she would collect it tomorrow! I am going to assume that An Post will deliver it tomorrow or sat as its passport express??

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

We're on working day number 12 waiting for OH's passport - due to travel next Thursday (26th). Sent application by passport express and its marked online as registered since May 5th.
    Getting ever so slightly stressed now but keeping everything crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

On the news this morning

'Do not book a holiday if your passport is out of date'. There is now a huge backlog due to people booking last minute holidays so waiting times are now much longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement