Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Hi
    I originally posted that they received my application on the 5th May and I checked today and they say it's in the post with a tracking ID! The ID doesn't seem to work on the An Post tracking thing, but I'm hoping the passport will be in my letterbox, tomorrow morning.
    Fingers crossed and I hope everyone here also gets some joy.

Also the delay was changed from 10 working days to 3, so that would make it tomorrow when I get my passport. Here's hoping. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 harrydancer

Hi guys, im due to travel in a couple of weeks and panic is firmly setting in.

Does anyone know if having the payment taken from my bank account is a positive indication? i.e. they only take payment when it's being processed so can expect it within a week??? here's hoping anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rainy_18

harrydancer,

I'm afraid I don't think it means much.

What does your tracking number say? It should now have an target date for issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 harrydancer

Well, just to stress myself out I took down the wrong number! that was really excellent of me.

I then tried to guess it by typing in a couple of hundred numbers on the website that I know mine was around and found one that lined up with the date I posted the application but no guarantee at all that it's mine (if it is mine it was printed today).

I may resort to saying a quick prayer before bedtime

harrydancer,

the received date is usually a few days after you've posted it - have you allowed for that?

• Advertisement

I've just noticed an addition to my status:

16/06/2011 (This is the target date and is for applications received by Passport Express only, however the passport office is currently experiencing delays of 3 working days, which you should add to this date)

I haven't submit mine by passport express so I guess this has nothing to do with me then! How annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wezg

Hi
    I originally posted that they received my application on the 5th May and I checked today and they say it's in the post with a tracking ID! The ID doesn't seem to work on the An Post tracking thing, but I'm hoping the passport will be in my letterbox, tomorrow morning.
    Fingers crossed and I hope everyone here also gets some joy.

Also the delay was changed from 10 working days to 3, so that would make it tomorrow when I get my passport. Here's hoping. :)

hi milli when you go to the passport site just click on the "An Post Tracking ID:" it should start with 2 letters then 9 didgits then IE.
    eg PP123456789IE. make sure you put in capital letters and then press enter.

mine when to " posted" last night and I checked an post and it's now in my town "on route to customer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 woaihuaren

Until last night, my app was in status of 'being checked'; But it's changed back to 'registered' this Morning.

Does this mean any longer I need to wait, or there're any issues in my application?

Worried now!!
    Issue Date: 18/05/2011 (This is the target date and is for applications received by Passport Express only, however the passport office is currently experiencing delays of 3 working days, which you should add to this date)
    Website Last Updated: 24/05/2011 at 7:45

God knows what is going on with these status updates.

It seems like they are trying to introduce a 'helpful' target date - but until they get this sorted out properly, it seems to be all over the place right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 firsttime_tat

18/05/2011 (This is the target date and is for applications received by Passport Express only, however the passport office is currently experiencing delays of 3 working days, which you should add to this date)

ok this is what my status says now. Which means i should have my passport today and guess what i dont have it!or does it mean it wi be postes after the 3 extra days im so confused :confused: called in there ans he said i should have it monday or tuesday at the latest but i dont and panic is starting to set in BIG time i dunno what to do :(:(

• Advertisement

sorry lads, got mine today. so that's sent by me via passport express on the 4th and received by me on the 24th so total of 20 day's including non-working days.
    hope ye get yours sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 woaihuaren

After 19 days of long waiting, and have seen my app's status changed from 'Registered -> Checked --> Registered', and now I get this
    Status: Application No xxxxx. This application could not be processed.
    A letter outlining the reasons for this decision has been posted to you.
    If you have not received this within two days, please contact An Post at http://track.anpost.ie/track.html or contact their Customer Care service at 1850 575859 and quote the following envelope reference no xxxx

What a nice surprise added on my Tuesday afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Was notified on friday that about the delay on express delivery. And so I plan to go to the passport office this week for my passport and my 2 sons.
    Other than the info required in general is there anything else I should be aware of?
    One of my sons is only 18 months and this is his first passport will this cause an issue?
    I will travel from Galway on Thursday to Dublin and we travel on the 8th of June. How long does it take for the office to make up the passports?
    Will I then have to collect again in Dublin or will they post them out?
    Thank you for your help...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Here's mine...

Issue Date: 23/05/2011 (This is the target date and is for applications received by Passport Express only, however the passport office is currently experiencing delays of 3 working days, which you should add to this date)
    Website Last Updated: 24/05/2011 at 18:45

I'm supposed to be flying out on the 2nd and I am getting worried now. I'm contemplating heading into them this Friday and not leaving until I have my passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NOIMAGINATION

Status has changed from registered to checked. Its been on registered since April 6th, so hopefully it'll go quickly through this stage and we'll have it this week. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 23 firsttime_tat

Passport is Printed!!!!!!!:D:D:D I should have it Friday if they post it today!Now I need to get my Visa updated. Fingers crossed I have enough time!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Heading up tomorrow to hopefully get my families passports sorted.... but unsure as to where I am going is it he Department of foreign affairs office on Stephens green? Ass this is the only address I can see on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Heading up tomorrow to hopefully get my families passports sorted.... but unsure as to where I am going is it he Department of foreign affairs office on Stephens green? Ass this is the only address I can see on the website.
    It's on Molesworth Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lorsric

On Molesworth Street - are your passports already in there? Are you collecting them?

See - http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=253 - it tells all

Also, maybe best to call and ask to get someone's name, so you can ask for them tomorrow, otherwise, you'll have a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

wezg wrote: »
    hi milli when you go to the passport site just click on the "An Post Tracking ID:" it should start with 2 letters then 9 didgits then IE.
    eg PP123456789IE. make sure you put in capital letters and then press enter.

mine when to " posted" last night and I checked an post and it's now in my town "on route to customer"

hi, thanks for that. Did all that but didn't work.

Anyway it doesn't matter! I received my passport yesterday, the 24th.
    It was received by the passport office on 5th May if that helps anyone with a timeframe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

maybe its already been said on here, but was listening to a local radio station today and a listener had contacted a program with much the same problem about her passport being delayed in processing the renewal and she was travelling next week, anyways the program managed to get in contact with passport office in Cork and the reason they were told about delays was that the passport fee has increased and that people were still sending in forms with the old fee hence this was causing delays cause all the people had to be contacted and then for them to send in the extra 5 euro fee for processing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The delays are also down to people booking flights without checking their documents first.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Thoughts please.
    Going on holidays on 13th June.
    Went looking of my passport and can't find it :eek:.
    It may even be out of date, can't remember but it would be very close anyway.
    My q's are as follows
    (a) Do I have to produce the old one to get a replacement?
    (b) If not, do I have to fill out a form saying lost etc and if so what does this entail?
    (c) Will I get a new one back in time, it's 19 days to take off.
    (d) What exactly apart from filling a form out do I have to do, picture for the form and anything else?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

a) No, but you'll have to fill out the 'Lost' section on your form and get it signed by the Gardai. Also, without your passport, you'll have to send in your Birth Cert as proof of ID.

b) Just tell them what you think happened to it and they'll sign no bother.

c) No, most likely. Passport Express is now 13 working days (i.e no weekend or bank holidays), and with the June BH that leaves you with about 11 including today. You'll have to go into Molesworth St with proof of travel, all your forms, photos etc and try and get something organised. I'd advise looking a little harder for that passport!

d) Fill out the form, get 4 passport-sized photos, your birth cert, your fee, and have it all stamped by the Gardai.

Just an aside, sent mine out May 6th - got it back yesterday the 25th. 13 days on the button.

whiteshorts:

My q's are as follows
    (a) Do I have to produce the old one to get a replacement? Yes or a copy of if it's still in date
    (b) If not, do I have to fill out a form saying lost etc and if so what does this entail? I think you have to report it to the police and get a report number
    (c) Will I get a new one back in time, it's 19 days to take off. If you can't find your passport, it's treated as a new application which takes a minimum of 10 working days to process so you would be cutting it very fine.
    (d) What exactly apart from filling a form out do I have to do, picture for the form and anything else? You need to get a witness to sign your photos and form.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

a) No, but you'll have to fill out the 'Lost' section on your form and get it signed by the Gardai. Also, without your passport, you'll have to send in your Birth Cert as proof of ID.

b) Just tell them what you think happened to it and they'll sign no bother.

c) No, most likely. Passport Express is now 13 working days (i.e no weekend or bank holidays), and with the June BH that leaves you with about 11 including today. You'll have to go into Molesworth St with proof of travel, all your forms, photos etc and try and get something organised. I'd advise looking a little harder for that passport!

d) Fill out the form, get 4 passport-sized photos, your birth cert, your fee, and have it all stamped by the Gardai.

Just an aside, sent mine out May 6th - got it back yesterday the 25th. 13 days on the button.

Also under new regulations brought in on Jan 11 you'll have to provide other photo id and also proof of address that matches the address on your application form.

Birth cert is not proof of id but proof of citizenship. The way this country is set up i can walk into the registation office and get your birth cert or anyone elses.

I sent my application by regular post.

This is what my status says:

Received on 12/05/2011 and has been registered.Issue Date:16/06/2011 (This is the target date and is for applications received by Passport Express only, however the passport office is currently experiencing delays of 3 working days, which you should add to this date)

It doesn't make sense - if that target date is for express only then that would make it 5 weeks waiting time??

Does anyone else have this type of status who has sent by regular post?

they also ask for proof of address, so like a bank,eletric bill or gas bill. I sent in a letter from my insurance company. that worked! hop you fare well :)

Wezg

What type of application do they require proof of address for - I didn't include any with mine, but it didn't seem to ask for it anywhere either?

• Advertisement

rainy the thing is it works out cheaper and faster if you had gone for express post. I've no experience of the other type. sorry dude! I guess you'll have to call them, if you can show proof of tickets for flight bookings they can hurry it up but that means going to molestreet to show them in person. best I can do my friend. sorry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement