Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rainy_18

thanks for your response wezg,

I'm applying from the UK and unfortunately no UK passport express services near me here.

I wasn't sure if I could send it home and have someone do it on my behalf.

The passport office told me it would get to me in time so I went for the regular post option.

Ah well!

I have sent off details of my tickets a week ago but no news yet.

I'll keep you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

rainy_18 wrote: »
    thanks for your response wezg,

I'm applying from the UK and unfortunately no UK passport express services near me here.

I wasn't sure if I could send it home and have someone do it on my behalf.

The passport office told me it would get to me in time so I went for the regular post option.

Ah well!

I have sent off details of my tickets a week ago but no news yet.

I'll keep you posted.

it must we witnessed by a garda here...............remember that.

Hi Elvis,

Are you sure it has to be signed by a Garda?

I had my signed by an Accountant which is on the list of professionals?

Hi Elvis,

Are you sure it has to be signed by a Garda?

I had my signed by an Accountant which is on the list of professionals?

Yes to apply in Ireland you use an APS1 form which can only be used in Ireland, if it not a garda it will be rejected. Elsewhere in the world is APS2 and this can use a list of profession which you mentioned.

If you live in the UK you must apply in the uk.

I do like in the UK and have applied using the No. 2 form - so that should be all in order.

• Advertisement

I do like in the UK and have applied using the No. 2 form - so that should be all in order.

Yes only you apply in thr UK and not here.

Perfect,

I have applied via the Irish Embassy in London.

Just waiting for news on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NOIMAGINATION

Perfect,

I have applied via the Irish Embassy in London.

Just waiting for news on it now.

Just to let you know I applied from the Irish Embassy in London on at the start of April. Was received by the passport office in Dublin on April 6th, and I still haven't got it. Waiting time we've been told is 7-8 weeks. Today the status is finally saying printed, so hopefully we'll have it Saturday, or I guess next Tuesday, but its been 8 weeks of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Hello,

I'm hitting the US within the next month for a holiday. My passport expires in November, do I need to get a new passport as I haven't a valid 6 months left prior to my departure?

Cheers.

Denners.ie wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm hitting the US within the next month for a holiday. My passport expires in November, do I need to get a new passport as I haven't a valid 6 months left prior to my departure?

Cheers.

Your going to America so i suggest you contact the American embassy as it is their country you are entering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Jenvict

Sent my application for my new passport on Friday via Passport Express. Anyways, I am sure I forgot to write in my old passport number on the application form as I was going to fill it in at a later date. Do you think this would be a problem seeing as I have sent my old passport away with the application. Just need to find this out as I heard small problems with the application can delay the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hello,

Cheers.
    No you do not. Your passport only needs to be valid for the length of your stay.

Stop listening to travel agents and their scripts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 harrydancer

Just to let you know I applied from the Irish Embassy in London on at the start of April. Was received by the passport office in Dublin on April 6th, and I still haven't got it. Waiting time we've been told is 7-8 weeks. Today the status is finally saying printed, so hopefully we'll have it Saturday, or I guess next Tuesday, but its been 8 weeks of waiting.

That depresses me so much, I applied from London 7 weeks before my flight hoping that would be safe but obviously not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bizzo

Looking for some (positive) info here...

I booked surprise flight for myself and my missus. Booked the flight under her surname Cahill in stead of Ni Cathail which is on her passport. Should i be worried and pay the 100pounds fee to change(thomas cook & monarch airlines) or play dumb and hope for the best?

Any help would be appreciated

Bizzo

I think you will be paying. Never assume any thing with passports.

No you do not. Your passport only needs to be valid for the length of your stay.

Stop listening to travel agents and their scripts.

Alright thanks, doesn't matter anyway because it is out of date in mid-June.

Does anyone know the quickest route to getting a passport renewed? I'm not sure how reliable express is or would it be better to go to Cork to collect if that is possible.

You said November in your first post.

You said November in your first post.

I know I did I was mistaken.

Does your current passport cover your dates of travel to the US?

Does your current passport cover your dates of travel to the US?

No.

I need to renew my passport and I'm just looking for the quickest way possible, would it be possible to have it within 3 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NOIMAGINATION

That depresses me so much, I applied from London 7 weeks before my flight hoping that would be safe but obviously not :(

Today the status has changed to posted, and apparently its going to be sent back to the embassy, who will then send it to me, which just adds time really, and seems pointless.

When we went to the embassy after 6 weeks we were told, 7-8weeks was the waiting time.... you might be lucky though...

No.

I need to renew my passport and I'm just looking for the quickest way possible, would it be possible to have it within 3 weeks?
    Quickest way possible is to present the application in person at the passport office (with your flight tickets as proof of travel) and pay all the extra fees for an emergency passport. Don't forget you need to apply for ESTA as soon as you have the new passport in your hands, so there is no point getting the passport the day before you travel.

Quickest way possible is to present the application in person at the passport office (with your flight tickets as proof of travel) and pay all the extra fees for an emergency passport.

Alright thanks, will they present one to me then and there yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Do airlines have to accept your passport as long as it's valid? I got mine as a kid and it's still in date, but no longer looks like me. Can it be rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Austria! wrote: »
    Do airlines have to accept your passport as long as it's valid? I got mine as a kid and it's still in date, but no longer looks like me. Can it be rejected?

No. Might be an idea to take another form of ID with you also. Where are you travelling to?

Just England. The only other ID things I have are the Garda age card and regular student card, neither of which is a valid ID for travel to britain AFAIK. When you say they don't have to accept my passport, is it something they tend to be strict about, or just that they've no obligation to accept it but very likely will? Edit: Just to be clear, are you saying no it can't be rejected, or no they don't have to accept it?

Ryanair?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Austria! wrote: »
    Just England. The only other ID things I have are the Garda age card and regular student card, neither of which is a valid ID for travel to britain AFAIK. When you say they don't have to accept my passport, is it something they tend to be strict about, or just that they've no obligation to accept it but very likely will? Edit: Just to be clear, are you saying no it can't be rejected, or no they don't have to accept it?

I'm saying it can't be rejected, not if it's valid and undamaged.

If you're Irish or British, you're entitled to travel to England from Ireland without a passport as far as the law is concerned. Airlines and ferry companies, however, are entitled to request ID from passengers. Ryanair insists that this ID comes only in the form of a valid passport or EEA National ID card. Others do not.

I'm saying it can't be rejected, not if it's valid and undamaged.
    Thank you. Excellent news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Glornafarraige

I had posted here about a week ago.
    Handed in passport to office last friday, paid the extra charges, (95 euro for submitting it through counter and 55 euro for processing it under a week, with proof of travel by the way) 150 euro in all. Just beware of those extra charges, I didn't realise that it was extra til I got there.

They did it in 4 days and I was able to pick it up yesterday. :) delighted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement