Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 will101

Just thought I'd give an idea of the wait, I know everyones is different but:

Passport Express, registered as received on 20th May

Approved on 9th of June :)

All in all, 13 days plus the bank holiday, and that was applying for a new one because I lost my first one!

Not too bad I think?

well im hoping mine will be the same as it was registered on the 24th may, its still on the first stage, im flying out the 25th june and I have to get the ESTA :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Can someone please give me some advice?

I submitted my passport back in April through passport express, turns out it wasn't within the required date of six months (which i wasn't aware of at time of sending) so it was sent back with a new application and Passport Express envelope for the new one to be sent off in.

However on the letter I received with this, it said since I messed up first time round, the Passport express time guarantee is no longer... guaranteed.

I re-submitted my application via the Passport Express envelope to the Cork office on or around May 31st. I have since tried checking the status of my application online but it still tells me that my application has been sent back to me (from the last time).

I'm really worried because I'm travelling on July 20th and apparently applications by normal post could take up to 8 weeks! I'm also confused because it said on the letter about Passport Express guarantee no longer applying... but if this is true then why was I provided with a Passport Express envelope? I've been ringing the Passport Office in Cork every day, every half hour but I keep getting the same automated message to hang up and try later. I've also emailed but have received no reply.

Any ideas? :confused:

Edit: FINALLY got through! Can't believe it. They said that i was issued a new application form so I would have had a new tracking number. The nice lady told me my new passport is being sent out in the post today. HURRAH!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

will101 wrote: »
    well im hoping mine will be the same as it was registered on the 24th may, its still on the first stage, im flying out the 25th june and I have to get the ESTA :/

Mine stayed on the first stage, only changed yesterday and I got it today.

However I think there is a thing where the Jue bank holiday affects the processsing time by a day or 2, depending on when your passport was registered!

Best of luck, I'm sure it'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rainy_18

I was told by the passport office the last time I called that my passport was due to be issued on 16th June.

Called on Friday to check all was on track only to be told that it definitely would not be issued on this date, I'd been given the wrong information they don't know when it will be issued but I should call them back on 23rd June.

This is no good for my heart! My honeymoon is on 3rd July with non-refundable, non-amendable tickets, I'm gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 heywhynot

Hi,

can someone please help me. We are hoping to go abroad on June 22nd but do not have a passport for our son who is 6 months old.

Is it possible for me to go to the passport office in Molseworth street tomorrow and obtain a passport for him in advance of our trip? Any idea on how much extra this costs?

Also, silly question I know but is there any 'good' time to go and queue there?!

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You are best to queue prior to 7am.

thanks for that - might just have to take my chances queuing from 9am given I'll have the little guy with me!
    Is it possible though to get the passport do you know?

thanks!

You will have to return a week later to collect.

Thanks for the info - its not a problem to go back and collect, apart from the queuing!
    Do I need to bring travel docs with me so in the morning as well as all forms etc?

Bring any documents you have. You won't need to queue to collect.

• Advertisement

Mine stayed on the first stage, only changed yesterday and I got it today.

However I think there is a thing where the Jue bank holiday affects the processsing time by a day or 2, depending on when your passport was registered!

Best of luck, I'm sure it'll be fine!

Does the website tracker page only update on specified intervals... such as at 07:45 13:45 and 18:45 from what ive noticed by watching it or does it update as soon as you go through to the next stage?

Edit: Just checked there... Passport has being printed :D phew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

hi all
    wondering if anyone can help. I applied for a passportfor my 2 year old son, sent away and recieved on 26th May, today we are trying to chase and can only get a status update online saying it is at stage 1 "registerd"? We are flying out on sunday to Turkey and need to colelct the passport this week.
    Any one know if we can just call into the Dublin office to collect as we can not get though on phone at all.

any help please greatfully received as we are really tight for time.

From the passport tracking site

Application Number Entered: xxxxx
    Status: Application No. xxx. Received on 26/05/2011 and has been registered.

Issue Date: 09/06/2011 (This is the target date and is for applications received by Passport Express only, however the passport office is currently experiencing delays of 4 working days, which you should add to this date)
    Website Last Updated: 13/06/2011 at 13:45

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Hey does anyone know if I can pay the extra €50 to speed up the process after already submitting via passport express. My application was registered with them on June 3rd and I'm due to fly to Berlin on June 23rd. The current 4 day delay will mean it's due until the 24th as stated when I checked the tracker. Thanks guys.

shamtastic wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if I can pay the extra €50 to speed up the process after already submitting via passport express. My application was registered with them on June 3rd and I'm due to fly to Berlin on June 23rd. The current 4 day delay will mean it's due until the 24th as stated when I checked the tracker. Thanks guys.

your best bet is to continually ring them until you get through and explain your situation, they will probaly give you priority.

best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

Hi guys.

I applied for my passport a few weeks ago. I submitted my birth cert plus all photos signed by the Gardai etc. The passport office received it and this was confirmed with the tracking on their site.

My passport was due to be ready tomorrow but they said there was a 3 day extra delay. Because of this, I rang them up and explained my travel plans to the US had changed outside my control and that the 3 day delay meant I would miss my flights. They said no bother and it would be ready for collection tomorrow. I went online now just to check and it says

"This application could not be processed. A letter outlining the reasons for this decision has been posted to you. If you have not received this within two days, please contact An Post"

This leaves me stuck. I had submitted this saying my (now expired) passport was lost, but I have since found it.

Can I go to the passport office tomorrow with my old expired passport with new photos and try to get done on that day rather than wait for the other 1 to come back with my birth cert etc.?

Any extra fees I don't care about, I will pay whatever it takes if I can speed it up.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

It also says this below the first message:

"Issue Date: 14/06/2011 (This is the target date and is for applications received by Passport Express only, however the passport office is currently experiencing delays of 4 working days, which you should add to this date)"

Is there any chance the 1st message came up because the lady in the office moved mine or prioritised it?

There is also a tracking code and it is not coming up for An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Does anyone have experience of the queues in the passport office at this time of year and if so how much time should I be prepared to set aside if I need to go up. I presume the earlier the better but is it a few hours to get to the counter? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

My passport application for myself, my son and daughter were received by the passport office on the 26th May. We are due to fly to Spain this Thursday the 16th June and I have been checking the status of the application online everyday and it still says it is being checked. I don't know whether I should go up tomorrow or is there a chance it may come Wed/Thurs morning as we fly thursday afternoon but I need the passport numbers to provide advanced passenger information for spanish flights and to print off the boarding passes. Any advice as it says 'issue date' - 8th June but to add 4 days onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Anyone know if it is possible to apply for a new passport without submitting your current passport with the application? I cannot submit mine as I am always travelling with work!!

You can submit a copy of the picture page. When you get the new passport you then send the old one back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iwished

I queued this morning before 8am and was one of the first in the queue. My application was registered on May 26th and hadn't moved since day one. They said in the office, my passport is still out in Balbriggan, has not been printed. I fly tomorrow morning so I showed them documents to get the passport printed today. It's supposed to be getting printed and delivered to the passport office for 3.30 today. Fingers crossed but nothing has moved on the passport tracking system.
    So don't leave it so late, go in a few days in advance, queue in the morning and you'll be seen straight away. Bring a print off of your travel documents and arrange for it to be collected at the office. Anyone can collect it if you write a letter with your signature allowing them to pick it up - they must bring photo id.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

BrookieD wrote: »
    hi all
    wondering if anyone can help. I applied for a passportfor my 2 year old son, sent away and recieved on 26th May, today we are trying to chase and can only get a status update online saying it is at stage 1 "registerd"? We are flying out on sunday to Turkey and need to colelct the passport this week.
    Any one know if we can just call into the Dublin office to collect as we can not get though on phone at all.

any help please greatfully received as we are really tight for time.

From the passport tracking site

Application Number Entered: xxxxx
    Status: Application No. xxx. Received on 26/05/2011 and has been registered.

Issue Date: 09/06/2011 (This is the target date and is for applications received by Passport Express only, however the passport office is currently experiencing delays of 4 working days, which you should add to this date)
    Website Last Updated: 13/06/2011 at 13:45

I will pay real money to anyone who can get me this passport, phone lines off, emails not responded to. what the hell is going on..... ggrrrrrrrr

Called the passport office in London again to check up on any progress.

They have told me now that they don't usually do anything special in regards to prioritising a passport until the week before you are due to fly. (They told they had already done this previously...ah well). This leaves it especially tight as my passport has to come back to me via the Embassy.

It's getting a bit tight for time now so I reckon I will be on a flight to Dublin towards the end of June and hopefully I can get it sorted that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 harrydancer

rainy_18 wrote: »
    Called the passport office in London again to check up on any progress.

They have told me now that they don't usually do anything special in regards to prioritising a passport until the week before you are due to fly. (They told they had already done this previously...ah well). This leaves it especially tight as my passport has to come back to me via the Embassy.

It's getting a bit tight for time now so I reckon I will be on a flight to Dublin towards the end of June and hopefully I can get it sorted that way.

Just to give you some info I went via the London embassy as well, application registered on the 10th May, I also sent through my flight details a few weeks ago to try to ensure I received it on time (I fly on the 23rd of June). So today my status changed from Registered to Printed. Cant be sure if it was just naturally my passport's turn (6 weeks ish) or it was moved ahead due to faxing in the flight details but thought i'd let you know anyway.

Just to give you some info I went via the London embassy as well, application registered on the 10th May, I also sent through my flight details a few weeks ago to try to ensure I received it on time (I fly on the 23rd of June). So today my status changed from Registered to Printed. Cant be sure if it was just naturally my passport's turn (6 weeks ish) or it was moved ahead due to faxing in the flight details but thought i'd let you know anyway.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Would be great if you could let me know when you have it in your hands.....just wondering how long it takes from being printed to make its way back to you via the embassy.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 19 scsa

I submitted the passport express envelope on June 7th, and since then I've been trying the DFA tracking page with the PX(9digitnumber)IE code but it's still saying application cannot be found.

From what I've read here other people seem to get some sort of update fairly quickly. It's been nearly 2 weeks now, is this something I should be worried about? Don't need the passport until August, nothing booked yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NOIMAGINATION

scsa wrote: »
    I submitted the passport express envelope on June 7th, and since then I've been trying the DFA tracking page with the PX(9digitnumber)IE code but it's still saying application cannot be found.

From what I've read here other people seem to get some sort of update fairly quickly. It's been nearly 2 weeks now, is this something I should be worried about? Don't need the passport until August, nothing booked yet either.

There were no letters in the code we had for tracking. SHould be just numbers I think

That is the An Post tracking code. The DFA one is just numbers. It is on the receipt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Is there any delays when you call in person to the passport office in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Yes, its called the massive queue that goes out the door and most of the way down Dawson Street.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement