Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Yes, its called the massive queue that goes out the door and most of the way down Dawson Street.

Any idea what cork office is like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No where as bad as Dublin. It is your best bet if you are in bother and need a very quick passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 scsa

That is the An Post tracking code. The DFA one is just numbers. It is on the receipt.
    Yup, that was it! They circled the PX code on the receipt for me in the post office and said to use that for tracking! Obviously not this kind of tracking though. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 magsarella

I haven't actually booked anything yet (thank god) but I was meant to be booking a late deal with a few friends in around 2 weeks time. Unfortunately its the only time that suits us all.
    I discovered my passport is out of date
    I know that theres the Passport Express Option (11-14 working days at the moment), but does anyone know how long the over the counter option takes? Do I just sent it off as passport express and ring them up and go to the office?
    And I definitely wouldnt be eligible for any emergency option?

If you need the passport fast do not send it by passport express. Go into the office with proof of travel and they will sort you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 magsarella

Cheers. Will they sort me on that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i got my passport renewed, posted it off and got new one within three weeks, i think the charge was eighty six euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Im in a serious race against time, Im supposed to be off to Bulgaria next Monday and have to head down to the Dublin office today, with proof of travel how long does it take to receive an emergency passport?

3 days at least.

3 days at least.

Ah I see, better get down there soon then :pac: How much will it cost? 50 on top of the normal price yeah?

• Advertisement

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I applied back in April. Billed for new passport April 20. Still no sign of my new passport.

When can expect to get it?

Sorry to keep torturing ye but whats the handiest way to Molesworth St from Busaras at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NOIMAGINATION

evil_seed wrote: »
    I applied back in April. Billed for new passport April 20. Still no sign of my new passport.

When can expect to get it?

Have you tried calling them, or checking the tracking system? I'd say theres been a problem here...

curry-muff wrote: »
    Sorry to keep torturing ye but whats the handiest way to Molesworth St from Busaras at 8am
    Taxi.

Taxi.

How much would that cost roughly? Im poor :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Do you have to turn up to the passport office in person or can someone else go for you if you have everything in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Have you tried calling them, or checking the tracking system? I'd say theres been a problem here...

Can't get through when I call.

I didn't know about the online tracking so don't have the application number. :o. I'll be trying the garda station to see if I can get it this evening.

I noticed on the webite it says at least 6 weeks. There's been 3 bank holidays in between my applying and today. I'd assume that has something to do with it too

evil_seed wrote: »
    Can't get through when I call.

I didn't know about the online tracking so don't have the application number. :o. I'll be trying the garda station to see if I can get it this evening.

I noticed on the webite it says at least 6 weeks. There's been 3 bank holidays in between my applying and today. I'd assume that has something to do with it too

Did you not send it by Passport Express? The 6 weeks is if you just send it normal post... The fact that they've taken money from your account would suggest to me that its been processed. I'd be worried that it might have gone astray in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Going to Italy in early July, have some concerns over my passport.

Its expired in October but I don't think that will be a problem.

The writing on the front of the passport has been totally removed, the gold writing. Also the visa pages have many dog ears etc.

Also the visa pages start at 5 and go on. I lost a few out of it in my travels.

Do you think I will be ok with it?

• Advertisement

Going to Italy in early July, have some concerns over my passport.

Its expired in October but I don't think that will be a problem.

The writing on the front of the passport has been totally removed, the gold writing. Also the visa pages have many dog ears etc.

Also the visa pages start at 5 and go on. I lost a few out of it in my travels.

Do you think I will be ok with it?

Who are you flying with.. in my experience the airline only look at the photo page - as in you have it open on the photo page when you hand it to them and they just have a glance

Who are you flying with.. in my experience the airline only look at the photo page - as in you have it open on the photo page when you hand it to them and they just have a glance

Ryanair. Oh the photo page is in perfect condition.

They'll barely look at the passport... when your in the queue just have your boarding pass ready and your passport open on the photo page - they'll just glance at the photo page and wave you on... I fly with them at least 6 or 7 times a year and they've never taken my passport out of my hand to inspect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

If your passport is damaged, you really should get it replaced. Wear and tear is one thing, missing pages may arouse suspicions.

Well I want to avoid that at all costs. 85quid is a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Hi, I'm going on holidays on Wednesday week, have all flights + accommodation paid for etc. The only problem is I have no passport. I sent off the form and everything in the first week of May, and I still have not got it back yet even though I sent it through the express post. That was 6 weeks ago like :mad:

I know they got my application because when I got my bank statement, they took the money out of my account on May 12th. I haven't got one word from them since, no email, no phone call anything. I can't track it as I don't have the receipt number ( and to be honest I'm not actually sure if I got one. ) I've been ringing the passport office in Cork every day for the last 2 weeks many times and every time no answer, just an answering machine :mad::mad:

any advice?

That does not sound like passport express.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Well I want to avoid that at all costs. 85quid is a lot.

Looking at it over 10 years though its less than a euro per month...........

Tenger wrote: »
    Looking at it over 10 years though its less than a euro per month...........

Also, just realised I would be a first time adult applicant :( According to my knowledge that means no express service, many more documents, possible interview...basically no chance of getting a new passport before the trip.

I just have to chance my current passport it seems :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SWADHIN

hy,
    I am right now in delhi and my permanent address is in Bhubaneswar,Orissa . so can i apply for passport from here itself . Am i required to go to Bhuubaneswar for any verification . Can i get the passport directly here . if there is any requirement of verfication will it be possible if i do that in here in delhi :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement