Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CarmelG

Hi Guys

I applied for a passport which was registered 31 Aug. Does anyone know what the waiting time on non passport express is at the moment? (Yes I know I should have sent it passport express but it is too late now as I can't get it back when it is registered!)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

CarmelG wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I applied for a passport which was registered 31 Aug. Does anyone know what the waiting time on non passport express is at the moment? (Yes I know I should have sent it passport express but it is too late now as I can't get it back when it is registered!)

Thanks

Could be up to 3 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Hey I want to book some flights this week but realised that my passport is out of date, the flights are in a months time, can I book flights in the meantime??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Hey I want to book some flights this week but realised that my passport is out of date, the flights are in a months time, can I book flights in the meantime??

Yes, you should have enough time. Passport Express from the post office stands at approximately 12/13 working days at the moment.
    Just make sure no mistakes are made in your application, and maybe also put a copy of your travel arrangements in with it. If it comes too close then you can call the Passport Office and make sure your new passport will be ready in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I posted my Passport express on the 6th of september it's been recieved and registered since the 7th, 9 working days ago. Is it normal for it to take this long for them to even check it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I gave in my passport application form to the Irish embassy in Prague on Tuesday 13th September and according to the passport tracking it still has not been registered.

Does anyone know how long it takes to be registered?

Malee wrote: »
    Yes, you should have enough time. Passport Express from the post office stands at approximately 12/13 working days at the moment.
    Just make sure no mistakes are made in your application, and maybe also put a copy of your travel arrangements in with it. If it comes too close then you can call the Passport Office and make sure your new passport will be ready in time.

Could I book flights though and use my old passport number? I could take the two of them then to the airport with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Could I book flights though and use my old passport number? I could take the two of them then to the airport with me?

Why do you need your passport number to book a flight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 s.gupta1487

I'm applying for single entry visitor visa for Canada as I am wishing to spend my christmas there. I'm an Indian national and so, I need to apply visa for that in the UK. Now the problem is that how to send passport to UK, by post or courier and which is considered safe, as I cannot afford to lose or damage my passport. I cannot visit UK due to my work conditions here. I'm really worried about the my passport. Has anybody applied to CHC London before? How do they return passport in Ireland. Asking CHC is useless as they do not reply or return voice calls (Damn arrogant people sitting there). Any help appreciated. It's quite urgent, as embassy takes nearly 2 months to return passport.

baraca wrote: »
    I posted my Passport express on the 6th of september it's been recieved and registered since the 7th, 9 working days ago. Is it normal for it to take this long for them to even check it?

Every day up to 6000 (depending on time of year) passports are processed, and all incoming applications go through a strict schedule of registration, scanning, checking and dispatch, based on date of arrival.
    So in short it just means there are still other applications ahead of yours.

• Advertisement

I'm applying for single entry visitor visa for Canada as I am wishing to spend my christmas there. I'm an Indian national and so, I need to apply visa for that in the UK. Now the problem is that how to send passport to UK, by post or courier and which is considered safe, as I cannot afford to lose or damage my passport. I cannot visit UK due to my work conditions here. I'm really worried about the my passport. Has anybody applied to CHC London before? How do they return passport in Ireland. Asking CHC is useless as they do not reply or return voice calls (Damn arrogant people sitting there). Any help appreciated. It's quite urgent, as embassy takes nearly 2 months to return passport.

I have never applied in London before, but I would suggest to use registered post; your package will be traceable then and insured.

Every day up to 6000 (depending on time of year) passports are processed, and all incoming applications go through a strict schedule of registration, scanning, checking and dispatch, based on date of arrival.

Wow, didn't realise it was so many. It was approved today so hopefully have it by friday

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

I applied for a passport in august. On the tracking site its says recieved and registered on 10/08/2011 and issue date 13/09/2011 for passport express only. Now i didnt apply by express post just normal post. I need the passport for saturday week 1st october. Whats the chances of recieving it by then? Its very hard to get through to them via phone so does anyone know what id need to bring with me should i go up to the dublin office and whats the chances of getting it on the day? Thanks for your help.

davedfc wrote: »
    I applied for a passport in august. On the tracking site its says recieved and registered on 10/08/2011 and issue date 13/09/2011 for passport express only. Now i didnt apply by express post just normal post. I need the passport for saturday week 1st october. Whats the chances of recieving it by then? Its very hard to get through to them via phone so does anyone know what id need to bring with me should i go up to the dublin office and whats the chances of getting it on the day? Thanks for your help.

As you have the tracking number I would suggest to keep trying to contact them so they can find out in which office your application is located.
    Do you have travel arrangements made? If so you could fax them to them when you've spoken to them and they can then pull out your application and process it.
    Or explain to the person on the phone why you need it.
    Technically however, because it is passed the issue date, they should process your passport, no questions asked!

Don't reapply, as it is much more hassle for yourself, and because you have the barcode reference number your application can easily be located!

Wow, didn't realise it was so many. It was approved today so hopefully have it by friday

Passport Express has next day delivery, so you should have it by tomorrow, if it made todays post!

Thanks for your reply. Flights are booked. I'll keep on to them tomorrow and see what they saw. Thanks again.

Been ringing them pretty much all day since 9.30 and all am hearing is an automated message there's a large number ahead of you in the que then they cut me off. Anyone any bright ideas on a better way to get through to them?to them.

Got my passport today so thats an 11 day turnaround at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Lads is it 2 or 4 photographs needed?

Photo guideline form says it's 2 but website and main form say 4 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Four needed now.

• Advertisement

Got my passport today so thats an 11 day turnaround at the moment :)

Really? ON friday I got quoted 3 weeks by my local post office! I hope to get it before that cos my flights are booked for going to Newcastle from Belfast for 3 weeks time!

Really? ON friday I got quoted 3 weeks by my local post office! I hope to get it before that cos my flights are booked for going to Newcastle from Belfast for 3 weeks time!

You won't need a passport for that, another form of photo ID will do.

You won't need a passport for that, another form of photo ID will do.

I only have a provisional drivers licence, I asked Easyjet and they won't take it so I really really need my passport!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Hi All,

Quick question, I am flying to Edinburgh at the end of October and my passport expires in December, will I be allowed to fly?

I have heard people saying you can't fly if your passport is near expiring?

I am only going for 3 days and flying with Ryanair.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

You wont have any problem.

I only have a provisional drivers licence, I asked Easyjet and they won't take it so I really really need my passport!

Easyjet should really read their own Ts & Cs then..
    UK domestic flights
    <snip>
    • Valid photographic driving licence
    <snip>
    http://www.easyjet.com/en/news/20040628_01.html

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

AGC wrote: »
    You wont have any problem.

Excellent thanks.

Easyjet should really read their own Ts & Cs then..

http://www.easyjet.com/en/news/20040628_01.html

They said as it was a provisional one that they wouldn't take it!

Passport express tracking said I should get it at latest on the day I'm flying so hopefully it'll be here before then!

I'm in Belgium for work for a few days, my wallet with my passport was pickpocketed at Ghent train station (I made a police report).
    I am due to travel back to Ireland early next week with Aerlingus from Zaventhem airport. My Mum contacted Aerlingus on my behalf and they said that as I travelled out with them, if I have the police report that my passport was stolen and a photocopy of the passport, I can travel.
    Has anyone else had this experience? I'm worried that aerlingus are saying this but passport security in Belgium won't agree and I won't be able to fly, also, what happens in Dublin when I'm supposed to show them my passport on re-entry?
    I really don't have the time (or the money since my wallet was stolen) to go to the Irish embassy in Brussels but I need to fly home. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement

I'm in Belgium for work for a few days, my wallet with my passport was pickpocketed at Ghent train station (I made a police report).
    I am due to travel back to Ireland early next week with Aerlingus from Zaventhem airport. My Mum contacted Aerlingus on my behalf and they said that as I travelled out with them, if I have the police report that my passport was stolen and a photocopy of the passport, I can travel.
    Has anyone else had this experience? I'm worried that aerlingus are saying this but passport security in Belgium won't agree and I won't be able to fly, also, what happens in Dublin when I'm supposed to show them my passport on re-entry?
    I really don't have the time (or the money since my wallet was stolen) to go to the Irish embassy in Brussels but I need to fly home. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

If the airline will carry you, you're fine. The Belgian authorities won't cause you a problem, not least because you'll be seeking to depart Schengen, not enter it.

At Dublin, once the GNIB are satisfied that you're Irish you'll be fine too.

Good on Aer Lingus for agreeing to carry you, I say. That's your biggest and only real hurdle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement