Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Carvair

A passport is not required to go to the UK or the other countries in the CTA.

In case of any confusion, The UK is the only other country in the CTA ( apart from the Republic of Ireland of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Carvair

Dodge wrote: »
    If its a western EU country you'll have absolutely no problem. The further east you go, the more they look at it.

Bad advice, if the passport is very much worn and in particular if the laminate covering the photo is "lifting" you may indeed be subject to some extra questions anywhere and not just the "Further east you go"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

oisim wrote: »
    HI All,

Need some help... Myself and my Husband are flying to spain on Sunday the 15th of Jan with our 14 month son, flights are all booked and paid for. Problem is we don't have a passport for our 14 month old son

Is it possible if i drive to Dublin to get a passport issued in a day, as it is emergency?? Has anyone got this done or even heard of being able to issue a infants passport in a day??

We have tickets, what would i need to bring to passport office??

Any help much appreciated

You won't get it in a day. Children's passports now have to be checked by an specific officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

A passport is not required to go to the UK or the other countries in the CTA.
    Carvair wrote: »
    In case of any confusion, The UK is the only other country in the CTA ( apart from the Republic of Ireland of course)

I think Our man in Havana meant territories, rather than countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Carvair wrote: »
    Bad advice, if the passport is very much worn and in particular if the laminate covering the photo is "lifting" you may indeed be subject to some extra questions anywhere and not just the "Further east you go"

It wasn't advice, it was opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 WIMBOT

Hi there,

I lost my passport over Xmas and now need to book a flight for May.

Does anyone know I can book using my old passport number ( I have a scanned copy) and be ok to travel with a new passport in may?

thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

WIMBOT wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone know I can book using my old passport number ( I have a scanned copy) and be ok to travel with a new passport in may?

thanks in advance.
    NO!

You need the passport you will be using in May.

Right. Thanks for you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

Hi there,

thanks in advance.

Where are you going and who are you booking with? If its requested information then valid passport details, ie the one you will be travelling on, will be required. Scanned copies aren't worth the paper they're printed on unfortunately. They're handy for recapping numbers, dates etc in the event you lose it.

Flying to Barcelona with Aerlingus.. Thinking about it now, the last them I flew with them.. I didn't need my passport number to book only to check in & print my boarding pass, which would allow me book the flight & enter my pp details when my new one arrives. Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

Flying to Barcelona with Aerlingus.. Thinking about it now, the last them I flew with them.. I didn't need my passport number to book only to check in & print my boarding pass, which would allow me book the flight & enter my pp details when my new one arrives. Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?

you wont require it a booking stage.

Disaster averted then :D

Thanks for your help Saintron!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Hi all,

Anyone used Passport Express this month? Just looking for some estimates on how long it's taking at the moment. I'm guessing slightly less than 10 days due to it being reasonably quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Hold up - are you being asked for the passport number just for Aer Lingus, or is it for the Advance Passenger Information for Spain?
    From June 13, 2007, airlines will need to provide the Spanish authorities with key pieces of data on every passenger. This is the first enforcement of its kind on European routes, and means that all airlines will be required to collect specific information from every passenger traveling to Spain. This information is compulsory and is required for the purposes of ensuring aviation safety and security.
    Below is a list of the information required:
    • Full given names
    • Surname
    • Nationality
    • Date of birth
    • Travel document number, e.g. passport number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lorna mason 91

I am planning on leaving ireland in at the end of april to work in magaluf in Spain until the end of july! the only problem is my passport is out in august! If I come home before august will that be a problem? some people say you cannot travel if it is with in a few months of expiring, however I also heard that only applies to countries outside the EU! Can anyone clarify this for me??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Countries like US won't allow entry if passport expires within 6 months.
    I don't see a reason to refuse entry to your home country if passport is still valid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

biko wrote: »
    I don't see a reason to refuse entry to your home country if passport is still valid...
    You can travel within the EU right up to the expiration date on your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

biko wrote: »

My wife's ESTA was only given for 14 months (instead of the usual 2 years) but it was given until one month from her passport expiry. So the 6 months isn't really true

This 6 month thing is a line that comes from travel agents typically. There are literately only a handful of countries in the world that this rule actually applies to. The USA and EU do not apply this rule. You should check with the embassy of the country you are travelling to if in doubt.

You can re-enter Ireland on an expired passport. The problem is the country you are leaving. Best keep it in date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 irishrebelok

Hi Folks my passport has just run out and I need to go to Bangkok in 7 days time. As I know that the passport express service will take too long, do you think I can renew my passport or get a new one at the office in Dublin. Sorry properly been answered before!

• Advertisement

Hi Folks my passport has just run out and I need to go to Bangkok in 7 days time. As I know that the passport express service will take too long, do you think I can renew my passport or get a new one at the office in Dublin. Sorry properly been answered before!

yes - go onto the dfa.ie website. You just bring your travel confirmation with you and pay and extra fee and at this time of the year should be able to do it in a few days.

Thanks for the quick reply, so I just print out the flight details and should be fine. Do I need to give a reason why I am going? I just booked it and forgot my passport is out of date in few weeks. Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reply, so I just print out the flight details and should be fine. Do I need to give a reason why I am going? I just booked it and forgot my passport is out of date in few weeks. Thanks again.

Yes - all you need is to print flight details. They're not interested in why you're going - but I'm intrigued ;-)

lol why when u ever mention BK people always think the same thing! so immature haha.....thanks for clearing up that for me though, gives me peace of mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Hello everyone!
    I was just wondering does anyone know what I should do here?

I'm filling out a passport form right now, and I don't want to have my middle name on my new passport. But it's on my old passport, (didn't realise it wasn't necessary), so is there going to be a problem because the name I've put, doesn't exactly match my old passport?

Thanks!

No problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Awesome!
    Thank you for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

If I need passport for 2nd of February would I have it done in time by Passport Express?

If you get it away today, yes you will have it in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Thanks! Got it in yesterday lunch time so fingers crossed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement