Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

MarkK wrote: »
    I sent my passport application to the Embassy in London on 19 of June (as I live in Manchester)

It appeared on the passport tracker web page on 21 June with
    "Received on 21/06/2012 and has been registered.
    Issue Date: 03/07/2012
    "
    It's 04/07/2012 today and the status is still the same so I presume there is a backlog.

Just to update on this in case anyone is interested.

Went to "Approved" on Thursday and "Passport is printed" yesterday.

I did not phone or chase them to hurry up my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

My daughter flying out on Monday Morning (30th July) at 07.00am, She send the express passport at Anpost costing €9 on 10th July, Looked on pssport tracking today, saying approved, but not printed yet, So rang the passport office, she said it will be posted on expresss tomorrow from Cork Office. Meaning She will get Passport on Friday. I am worried for her. What you think guys. Passports issued on 24/07/12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Relax.

Relax.

How can I relax when she have only one day left before the flight ?:eek: I bought her a holidays and would be sick if she has missed it because of the passport.. Express Passport promised its customers that they will deliver the passport in 10 days with a cost of €9. Will they be reponsible for the loss of the holidays when she had waited 13 working days for it without getting it in time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

How can I relax when she have only one day left before the flight ?:eek: I bought her a holidays and would be sick if she has missed it because of the passport.. Express Passport promised its customers that they will deliver the passport in 10 days with a cost of €9. Will they be reponsible for the loss of the holidays when she had waited 13 working days for it without getting it in time .

1. Its 10 working days
    2. Thats if everyrthing is fine with the application

If there was a problem with contacting the witness or photos that can slow down the applications.

So don't put blame when you have no proof that the blame is all on one side.

What would you have done if it was rejected for one of the above reasons ??

• Advertisement

1. Its 10 working days
    2. Thats if everyrthing is fine with the application

If there was a problem with contacting the witness or photos that can slow down the applications.

So don't put blame when you have no proof that the blame is all on one side.

What would you have done if it was rejected for one of the above reasons ??

The Passport Appliction was in correct order, Already approved today after posting an Express Passport on 10th July.

The Passport Appliction was in correct order, Already approved today after posting an Express Passport on 10th July.

Sorry but you have no idea it was in order until it was approved, it can be delayed to rescan photos, signatures or to get hold of the witness. Thats a plain and simple fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 RonnieWhelan

The Passport service is a complete joke, i sent mine via passport express on 7th July and still wating for it to arrive, and i fly early on monday which means it it doesn't arrive in the next 2 days im screwed!!!

Any of the passport numbers i've tried to call give a auto message saying that "there is a large number of calls waiting and its not possible to take a message at this time" and cuts you off!!

how can i get in contact with them?? i tried the main line for the department of foreign affairs and was transfered to a line to only get the same message.

Im going out of my mind here!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Sorry but you have no idea it was in order until it was approved, it can be delayed to rescan photos, signatures or to get hold of the witness. Thats a plain and simple fact.

^^^^This. Having to rescan photos because they were rubbish was the bane of my life!! As ElvisJones said, you have no way of knowing if your application was completely in order. There are plenty of checks that have to be done before a passport can be issued. An Post even have that on their terms and conditions
    An Post wrote:
    The 10 working day service will not apply to any application that cannot be processed under the terms of the Passports Act, 2008.

The Passport service is a complete joke, i sent mine via passport express on 7th July and still wating for it to arrive, and i fly early on monday which means it it doesn't arrive in the next 2 days im screwed!!!

Any of the passport numbers i've tried to call give a auto message saying that "there is a large number of calls waiting and its not possible to take a message at this time" and cuts you off!!

how can i get in contact with them?? i tried the main line for the department of foreign and was transfered to a line to only get the same message.

Im going out of my mind here!!!!

Enter your application number here, come back and tell us what it says. We'll try and advise you then.

• Advertisement

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Enter your application number here, come back and tell us what it says. We'll try and advise you then.

This is the tracking info, i've been checking it "refresh" every 2 minutes :)

Issue Date: 23/07/2012
    Website Last Updated: 25/07/2012 at 13:45

Ok, that means that it should be sent in this afternoons post, with delivery by friday. If you want a bit of peace of mind, you could try contacting customer care by email using this link, or keep trying them by phone. The phone system can only hold a few calls at a time, but you should get through if you keep trying.

Ok, that means that it should be sent in this afternoons post, with delivery by friday. If you want a bit of peace of mind, you could try contacting customer care by email using this link, or keep trying them by phone. The phone system can only hold a few calls at a time, but you should get through if you keep trying.

Cheers appreciate the advice, i've sent emails but no reply :(

Im hoping its sent today and arrives tomorrow or its gonna be a panic waiting for the postie on friday.

just had call from a nice lady in the passport office, she said its in the bag for posting this evening and i'll have tomorrow :D

let the holidays begin ;)

just had call from a nice lady in the passport office, she said its in the bag for posting this evening and i'll have tomorrow :D

So what was that you were saying about the service:confused::rolleyes:

The Lady said they will send tomorrow and get on friday ? I see the tracking is now stated as Printed... Is that good news for my daughter who is flying out on monday morning at 07.00am from cork... Sorry for bother, I am sick with worry.:eek:

The Lady said they will send tomorrow and get on friday ? I see the tracking is now stated as Printed... Is that good news for my daughter who is flying out on monday morning at 07.00am from cork... Sorry for bother, I am sick with worry.:eek:

She should have it on friday, Passport Express is next day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rmmoo

If there is a problem with your passport application will it show up on the tracking website or will they just send you a letter? I'm a student so my address is my parents' address as my rental address postmen aren't the most relaiable therefore I only get to check my post at the weekends as I am working away during the week. I'm not due to fly until the 12th August so I have plenty of time and the application was received on the 12th of July, but I'm just cautious if there is a problem with the app I won't know for a week when I check my post!

rmmoo wrote: »
    If there is a problem with your passport application will it show up on the tracking website or will they just send you a letter? I'm a student so my address is my parents' address as my rental address postmen aren't the most relaiable therefore I only get to check my post at the weekends as I am working away during the week. I'm not due to fly until the 12th August so I have plenty of time and the application was received on the 12th of July, but I'm just cautious if there is a problem with the app I won't know for a week when I check my post!

Yep, instead of passport printed, it should say application rejected.

Thanks mmcn90.

• Advertisement

Since yesterday, PASSPORT IS PRINTED is still on my daughter's tracking, Updated at 07.45am, Hopefully she will get it tomorrow before she departed for Spain on monday morning. Would she better ring the office again to remind them or leave it. The Lady at the office already told her yesterday that express post will send today.

It should be sent out later today, An Post don't collect until later as far as I know.

Updated News.... On tracking said , Updated at 18.45.pm... Happy Days.

Your new passport has been posted in An Post envelope reference no. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Use this number to track the delivery of your passport by contacting An Post at http://track.anpost.ie/track.html or contact their Customer Care service at 1850 575859.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dewie

Thanks for letting us know, PX seems to be running at 12/13 working days (don't quote me on that)

Yep, I think you are correct.
    Mine took 13 working days (arrived this morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Holiday to Spain booked for the 29th. If I apply tomorrow morning using passport express, when should I expect to get it? Will I have it before 29th? Worried here!!!

Not a chance.

Sorry sorry sorry, meant 29th August

No problem then. You will have it in plenty of time.

Thank you! I almost shit my pantaloons before I realised I didn't say August :)

• Advertisement

Just to give people an idea of times, my app was sent 11th July, received on the 12th July and was at received and registered stage until last update last night. This morning's update it changed to printed (yay!), no checking or approved stage. This was the Northern Ireland Passport Express (from Belfast) so like everyone else recently turnover is about 12/13 working days. Hopefully be posted tonight! Roll on holiday in two weeks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement