Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Course for Java/Visual Basic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Fol20, there are loads and loads of free courses and tutorials on Java and VB online, have you tried looking at these first? Once you have a good introduction to Java and VB it's all about practice and doing sample applications.

If you're set on doing a course though...have you tried Fás?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Im in college,so i doubt fas would accept me when there are thousands looking for a course..Yes i have looked at some java tutorials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Fol20 wrote: »
    Yes i have looked at some java tutorials

I think this is your best bet as a start anyway Fol20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Im in college,so i doubt fas would accept me when there are thousands looking for a course..Yes i have looked at some java tutorials

Would still be worth talking to FAS as they do online courses which I think you can pay for & are not treated the same as the training provided for jobseekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Contact UCC or CIT Computer Department they will put you in contact with a post grad who will give you grinds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

http://www.callingallgeeks.org/part-1-video-tutorials-of-vbnet-for-beginners-download-for-free/

Have a goo at that.

Edit: I think you should learn VB and SQL Server. leave off the java till later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I wouldnt mind getting a cert in as well..It would be handy to put down in a cv..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I wouldnt mind getting a cert in as well..It would be handy to put down in a cv..
    Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

I will only charge you 1million dollars to learn this stuff. However you could just do it for free online if you wish.

Advertisement