Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 28

• 22-03-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Tuesday, 23 March 2010
    Sevilla v Xerez, 21:00
    Sporting Gijon v Deportivo La Coruna, 19:00

Wednesday, 24 March 2010
    Almeria v Real Zaragoza, 19:00
    Barcelona v Osasuna, 19:00 - Live Sky Sports 3
    Racing Santander v Mallorca, 19:00
    Tenerife v Villarreal, 19:00
    Valencia v Malaga, 21:00 - Live Sky Sports 3
    Valladolid v Espanyol, 19:00

Thursday, 25 March 2010
    Atletico Madrid v Athletic Bilbao, 21:00
    Getafe v Real Madrid, 19:00 - Sky Sports 3 (delayed coverage)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

A chance for a hattrick of hattricks for the little one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

redout wrote: »
    Barcelona & Messi v Osasuna, 19:00 - Live Sky Sports 3

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Ush1 wrote: »
    :D
    redout wrote:
    Barcelona & Messi v Osasuna, 19:00 - Live Sky Sports 3

I can see the Marca headline already:

"Messi unsettled at Barca, feels excluded from team spirit, architects move to Rubin Kazan."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Tonight's game against bottom team Xerez is a must win for Sevilla. Manager Manolo Jiménez is under severe pressure at the moment, with his team struggling to get a solid grip on 4th place all season, coupled with their recent crash out of the Champo League last week a loss tonight would put serious doubt into Jiménez's future at the club.

He is also likely to be without the attacking trio of Jesús Navas and Diego Capel and Luis Fabiano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Gijon lineup:
    JUAN PABLO; LORA, GREGORY, BOTÍA, JOSÉ ÁNGEL; DIEGO CAMACHO, RIVERA; CARMELO, DE LAS CUEVAS, DIEGO CASTRO; BILIC

Depor lineup:
    ARANZUBIA; MANUEL PABLO, COLOTTO, LOPO, LAURE; JUAN DOMÍNGUEZ, ANTONIO TOMÁS, JUAN RODRÍGUEZ; ADRIÁN, PABLO ÁLVAREZ, BODIPO

• Advertisement

red for Depor keeper!

I think he only got the red because the forward who was allowed play advantage missed an open goal by hitting the post.

Seems fcuked up to be honest as if he had of scored the keeper would be still on.

Goal.........

1 - 0

Bilic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

red for Depor keeper!

I think he only got the red because the forward who was allowed play advantage missed an open goal by hitting the post.

Seems fcuked up to be honest as if he had of scored the keeper would be still on.
    It's similar to the CL semi in 2005.

Petr Cech fouled someone in the box and he should have been sent off but because Luis Garcia followed up and scored, the ref gave the goal instead.

Xerez could be a tricky one tonight. Haven't they won their last two (against Tenerife and Mallorca)? They're on a better run then Sevilla anyway.

Goal.........

1 - 1

Adrian

10 man Depor back in it

Sevilla lineup:
    Palop; Stankevicius, Fazio, Drago, Fernando Navarro; Perotti, Zokora, Romaric, Adriano; Renato, Negredo

Xerez lineup:
    Chema; Bergantiños, Leandro Gioda, Aythami, Casado; Víctor Sánchez, Sidi Keita; Orellana, Viqueira, Momo, Mario Bermejo

• Advertisement

sickener

92min peno for Gijon and another red for Depor

Goal.........

2 - 1

Castro (Peno)

Sevilla -v- Xerez still nil - nil.

Not a great game though Sevilla should probably be ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Why the heck have I decided to watch Sevilla again. Being outplayed by one of the worst La Liga teams in living memory.

Goal..........

1 - 0

Kanoute (Peno)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

1-0

lucky penalty

I jinxe Xerez!

Cool head Fred.

Uh oh....

Jimenez sacked, who do you fancy to replace him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

FFS, this Sevilla team were expected to challenge for the title this season, now they have essentially been knocked out of the CL twice in a week.

Id imagine the names going round will be Schuster, Michel and maybe a return of Juande Ramos, the man who had them as arguably the top team in Spain not so long ago.

Aragones is the fav according to several outlets in Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

gimmick wrote: »
    FFS, this Sevilla team were expected to challenge for the title this season, now they have essentially been knocked out of the CL twice in a week.

Id imagine the names going round will be Schuster, Michel and maybe a return of Juande Ramos, the man who had them as arguably the top team in Spain not so long ago.

Schuster is talking to Ivory Coast... Is he not? I suppose he'd be more interested in Sevilla if they come calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Messi v Osasuna, 19:00 - Live Sky Sports 3

FYP

Aragones is the fav according to several outlets in Spain.

"Winner, winner, chicken dinner!"

Looks likely as he and and his representatives are now in a meeting with Sevilla. Looks like an initial deal until the seasons end.

Barca lineup:
    Valdés; Alves, Puyol, Milito, Maxwell; Touré, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Ibrahimovic, Henry

Osasuna lineup:
    Ricardo; Azpilicueta, Miguel Flaño, Josetxo, Monreal; Juanfran, Puñal, Nekounam, Camuñas; Vadocz, Masoud

Aragones and Sevilla have finished their negotiations without an agreement in place. They will reconvene and try again tomorrow.

Great stop from Valdes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Can somebody please tell me who is providing colour commentary for Sky in this match?

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Can somebody please tell me who is providing colour commentary for Sky in this match?

No idea. I am watching on Spanish tv!

No idea. I am watching on Spanish tv!

Gracias for nada!

Osasuna cutting through the Barca defence like a hot knife through butter!

They are doing it with ease the opening 10mins.

• Advertisement

Great start from Osasuna but unfortunately I can't see them getting something from the game. They aren't sharp enough with the ball when attacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I thought Gabby Milito looked back to his best at the weekend against Zaragoza and he's started strongly tonight. He'll be a big boost for Barça in the run in and in the CL but it's Argentina who'll really benefit from having him back at the World Cup.

Iniesta really needs to step it up from now until the end of the season aswell because he's been fairly poor lately imho.

Clever chip from le cheating cnut

total lack of communication there from Ibra, Henry and Maxwell.

Barca look a bit leaky at the back so far as well as a little off up front. COuld be a frustrating evening culminating in an 80th minutes "relief" winner!!

Bodhisopha wrote: »

David Philips. Loves the sound of his own voice it seems.

• Advertisement

Nice dive there by Henry

Milito and Busquets asleep!

Milito and Busquets asleep!

Yeah, think I may have jinxed Milito with my earlier post! Maxwell has been shocking, as have Barça's midfield trio, particularly Busquets. They just can't keep possession.

An Citeog wrote: »
    Yeah, think I may have jinxed Milito with my earlier post! Maxwell has been shocking, as have Barça's midfield trio, particularly Busquets. They just can't keep possession.

I am amazed how Busquets even gets a game tbh. Even last season I questioned it. Toure is a much better player in the DMF role.

Great stop from Valdes

Most underrated player around.

• Advertisement

Half time scores in the rest of the matches,

Almeria 0-0 Real Zaragoza
    Barcelona 0-0 Osasuna
    Racing Santander 0-0 Mallorca
    Tenerife 0-1 Villarreal
    Valladolid 0-0 Espanyol

5 games being played and Nilmar is the only player that's scored tonight, right on the stroke of half time!

Yeah, i hope someone has a word with him at halftime. He's starting to grate.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

David Philips is so bad at commentating, did anyone notice him saying 'Real Madrid have a hard game at Getafe, who have good form at the....... who have good..... good home form' - It's the Alfonso Pérez, a bit more research mate. Also, the bullsh*t he came out with saying Messi only has a left foot, and that it's harder to score in La Liga. :P

Barca have been horsesh*t, I can't believe people give out so much about Ibrahimovic without criticising Iniesta, he has arguably been our worst player in the past 4 months, he's been awful. Milito and Puyol don't work together, they are the same type of CB, and need a Pique to play sweeper. Get it together boyos.. :D

He is so annoying. You can even hear Kevin isn't interest in what he has to say.

"Guardiola needs a result tonight - a result which will give him 3 points". Well done.

So close there for Messi. More of the same please gents.

"Guardiola needs a result tonight - a result which will give him 3 points". Well done.

So close there for Messi. More of the same please gents.

The best was in the first half - "you can see he caught his standing foot... his lefthand foot, see there he catches his lefthand foot".

Cannot see anything happening here :(

How many more times must Busquets give the ball away. I can see him being sent off unless he is being taken off. Better be it now for Keita.

This team are so far apart from last seasons they are unrecognisable.

This match is getting rather boring. Bring on Bojan.

Iniesta has gone so dowhill the past few months. Last year he was the complete midfielder, covered huge ground, great passer, got stuck in, dribbled like a winger, scored goals, dictated the play (with Xavi) but he's been a shadow of that player lately.

Barca need to pick the pants up here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement