Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 28

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Best chance of the game from Keita

Goal.......

1 - 0

Ibra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Easy for Ibra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

YEEEESSSSS!! Get IN

Haha, he has just been subbed.

Must get a second now to make sure of it. Delighted for Ibra as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Oh fcuk sake, on comes Bojan, every forward is now a midget. Leave on either Zlatan or Henry, because a team of smurfs up front will only find it more difficult against a team of 11 defenders.

Delighted for Ibrahimovic. 14th goal in the league and he's still roasted by everyone, reminds me of Henry in his first season.

Messi has been awfully quiet tonight.

"Timmmber".... Not funny Dave.

Valencia lineup:
    César; Miguel, Maduro, Alexis, Jordi Alba; Baraja, Banega, Joaquín, Mata; Silva, Villa

Malaga lineup:
    Munúa; Manu Torres, Orozco, Iván, Manolo Gaspar; Juanito, Xavi Torres, Javi López, Valdo; Obinna, Baha

Touchy!

• Advertisement

Messi deserved the yellow.

No complaints.

Goal..........

2 - 0

Bojan

Phew

redout wrote: »
    This team are so far apart from last seasons they are unrecognisable.

They rely a lot more on Messis brilliance than the team effort of last year, that's for sure. But they're still excellent.
    Osu wrote: »
    This match is getting rather boring. Bring on Bojan.

Good call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

This team are so far apart from last seasons they are unrecognisable.

Rofl, melodrama for the win redout? Tonight has been a off night tbh, Alves, Messi, Iniesta, and Maxwell have all been awful.

Two class team goals there, but why the fcuk is Iniesta still playing as a left winger?

Also, see when Messi got the yellow card for the tantrum, Philips said 'the 20 year old gets the better of the 24 year old'... Eh, he's 22 mate, you had a conversation about it earlier in the 1st half. :P

Pedro MOTM, he created the first goal with a lovely jink around a defender and running into space.

Poor performance for the most part, but 3 very valuable points and a bit of pressure for Real tmr night.

If tonight showed nothing else, it is that Yaya is a far far better option at DM that Busquets. He is stronger and far more assured. My MOTM.

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    Rofl, melodrama for the win redout? Tonight has been a off night tbh, Alves, Messi, Iniesta, and Maxwell have all been awful.

Two class team goals there, but why the fcuk is Iniesta still playing as a left winger?

I am seriously concerned at this stage. If that had of been a performance against a top team they would have been fcuked tonight. Imagine that was put in against Arsenal ? Bye-bye champions league. I thought Messi was quiet tonight for the majority of the game and it really showed how dependent the team are on him. Sure he practically single handedly won the last 3 games on the bounce by himself and is the sole reason the last 4 games (Almeria, Valencia, Stuttgart, Zaragoza) have had results. The team have looked seriously out of sorts for the past 4/5 weeks.

Oh Miguel nearly scored with a cross there!

Great finish there by Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Iniesta has gone so dowhill the past few months. Last year he was the complete midfielder, covered huge ground, great passer, got stuck in, dribbled like a winger, scored goals, dictated the play (with Xavi) but he's been a shadow of that player lately.
    The problem is that he's being played out of position. He was always a crap winger, his strength is playing in a deep-lying, playmaker type role.

Barcelona were awful, but they were due a poor game in fairness. The important thing was to get the three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Another goal for Ibra was great too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I am seriously concerned at this stage. If that had of been a performance against a top team they would have been fcuked tonight. Imagine that was put in against Arsenal ? Bye-bye champions league.

I dont support Barca but I think your over-reacting. I like what Pep is doing with the team over the last 2 months. He is building another string to their bow. With a change in formation we are now seeing Barcelona becoming more versatile.

After years of playing the same system and to great effect of course they will find it a bit more difficult to adapt to a new system. But its the hard work and effort of being able to do this in the short terms which in the long-run make them a very versatile and even better team. As many always say about Arsenal 'they have no plan B' I think in the grand scheme of things Pep understands that teams can shut them out and be effective and is now is building this Plan B to be able to shift momentum or systems during games. God help us all when they eventually click with their plan B.

Great finish there by Villa

Yea interesting game. Felt worried when Valencia jsut couldn't get teh 2nd always a niggling feeling with the state of our defence that malaga could go down the end and score. Silva's disallowed goal was a stunning finish and a disgraceful referring decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I dont support Barca but I think your over-reacting. I like what Pep is doing with the team over the last 2 months. He is building another string to their bow. With a change in formation we are now seeing Barcelona becoming more versatile.

After years of playing the same system and to great effect of course they will find it a bit more difficult to adapt to a new system. But its the hard work and effort of being able to do this in the short terms which in the long-run make them a very versatile and even better team. As many always say about Arsenal 'they have no plan B' I think in the grand scheme of things Pep understands that teams can shut them out and be effective and is now is building this Plan B to be able to shift momentum or systems during games. God help us all when they eventually click with their plan B.

Last seasons games against Chelsea were a big eye opener for Pep. I'm pretty sure that's why they opted for Ibra over Villa, that extra physicality. Ibra has immense talent but he seems to spend as much time battling with himself as he does defenders.

I'd love to see Torres and Essien in that side, but only one of those is likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

eZe^ wrote: »

Also, see when Messi got the yellow card for the tantrum, Philips said 'the 20 year old gets the better of the 24 year old'... Eh, he's 22 mate, you had a conversation about it earlier in the 1st half. :P

Pedro MOTM, he created the first goal with a lovely jink around a defender and running into space.

Iniesta sin't a winger but an AM who drifts in from the left.
    Another goal for Ibra was great too

Zlatan was sh sh`t. No movement, awful first touch. Embarrissing to be quite honest. Didn't even look like he was gonna bother attacking the cross for the goal. Come one Arsenal and Cesc (united fan here). Fabregas will steal the show!

I ain't drinking any kool aid one way or other with reagrd to Ibra, but to say he was shocking last night is plain wrong. He looked lively last night, a lot livelier than he has done in recent weeks. Last nights goal will do his confidence alot more good than the penalty the other night.

Barca can not win every game in a swash buckling fashion. Osasuna are always a difficult opponent, and I am very happy with a ground out 2-0 despite a very mediocre performance.

On top of what i said in an earlier post regarding Toure, I think it is now obvious that Pedro should be first choice over Henry. he is adding an extra bit of hunger to the side which henry, unfortunately, is not. Hate saying it, as I have always been a Henry fan, but it just has not happened for him this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Had to laugh at the commentators last night going on about how Messi doesn't complain, gets back up and gets on with the game, etc, and then he goes and belts the ball away. Messi ain't a total saint in fairness. Think it was about two seasons ago that he deliberately handled the ball into the net.

Also laughing at the stuff redout is coming out with. One poor performance (in which they won two - nil) and the guy is seriously concerned :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I thought the goal might be the changing point for Ibra. As he came off straight after, was a very good thing he got the goal when he did. Lots of questionable offsides against him aswell. But there was a camera shot of him from the bench and he looked hyped after, pumping his fist, so maybe the worm has turned for him.

Also laughing at the stuff redout is coming out with. One poor performance (in which they won two - nil) and the guy is seriously concerned :D

Come again ? You obviously dont a clue what you are talking about in fairness. They have been completely out of sorts like I said for the past 4/5 weeks. Several players and the manager himself have all come out and said that Messi is practically carrying the team. I dont for one second believe that Pep is a happy camper. Anyone see his reaction to last nights opening goal when the camera cut to him ? No joy out of him at all just a very concerned look on his face and rightly so. I would argue that people who have actually watched them all season would agree with that.

To be fair though, Pep rarely (apart from a few very notable exceptions) shows too much emotion when goals are scored. Not as stoic as the likes of Benitez, but certainly not as anaimated as the lieks of Wenger or Ferguson.

I would not be pushing the panic button just yet. With Abi and Xavi due back soon, Pedros form and Yaya showing why he needs to start, this team will find its form. There are 3 more than capable centre halves, Alves is playing excellently, Iniesta has looked brighter in recent games.

This team knows how to cope with the pressure. Remember the palpitations we were all going through in the run up to last years Clasico? Real were the unbeatable form side, Barca were wobbling and creaking under the pressure!!! Then what happened. If the status qua is maintained going into the Clasico, I think the pressure is ALL on Mardrid. Can they cope with it? Who knows.

Anyway, Come ON Getafe, do us all a favour tonight :)

Aragones has this lunch time declined the offer to become the next Sevilla coach after a disagreement over the length of his contract. Aragones wanted to be given another year should the club meet this seasons targets but the club had refused to make such an offer and only offered a deal until the seasons end.

• Advertisement

Getafe lineup:
    USTARI; CORTÉS, RAFA, MARIO, MANÉ; BOATENG, CASQUERO, PAREJO; PEDRO LEÓN, GAVILÁN, MIKU

Real Madrid lineup:
    CASILLAS; RAMOS, GARAY, ALBIOL, ARBELOA; XABI ALONSO, GAGO, GRANERO, VAN DER VAART; CRISTIANO, HIGUAÍN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

disappointing sky isnt showing this match live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Real Madrid lineup:
    CASILLAS; RAMOS, GARAY, ALBIOL, ARBELOA; XABI ALONSO, GAGO, GRANERO, VAN DER VAART; CRISTIANO, HIGUAÍN

GAGO starting instead of LASS.

I wondering if that has anything do to with the rumours of a fall out with Pellegrini?

Headshot wrote: »
    disappointing sky isnt showing this match live

Sky Sports 3 @ 9:30

good few empty seats about the place.

remember this from last season also.

Goal..........

1 - 0

CR9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Quality free.

Goal........

2 - 0

Higuain

Goal........

2 - 0

Higuain

Quality player, nice finish and proving himself once again with a goal.

• Advertisement

Goal........

3 - 0

Higuain

Vanbis wrote: »
    Quality player, nice finish and proving himself once again with a goal.

I wouldnt say quality. Good player. Not quality as he himself already proved.

Goal........

3 - 0

Higuain

I would say so, another goal. When did he prove that himself?

Vanbis wrote: »
    I would say so, another goal. When did he prove that himself?

Good for you. You must have low expectations for the word quality. Lyon, quality players must be able to handle the pressure and expectation and step up to the demands placed on them as important players. Higuain clearly 'bottled' it in Real's most important game of the season. Im not wholly blaming him on getting knocked out as there are other contributing factors. But I have to say I was delighted.

Goal........

4 - 0

CR9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Higuain is a brilliant player imo.

• Advertisement

Goal........

4 - 0

CR9

Rout on now. I should have done Ronaldo for a hat-rick, he was due one :)

Goal........

4 - 1

Parejo

LoL Casillas

Good to see another team bend over for that shower :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Casillas has a bit of a dodgy keeper in him these days

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Higuain is a brilliant player imo.

I think so, i like what i have seeing last season and this season. I'd much rather spend €40million on him then David Villa considering the age of both.

I'd be very surprised if Real sell him or let him go at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement