Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 28

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Shocking performance from Ustari in fairness, awful goal keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Ild be so brave to actually say that Van der Vaart has been the crucial link that Madrid have needed and he only got his chacnes luckily through injury but now he is proving he deserves a palce in the squad. Van der Vaart has been outstanding linking up play and doing the tough work too. Still a bunch of scumbags though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

gimmick wrote: »
    Good to see another team bend over for that shower :mad:

Folded quicker than superman on laundry day, but hey, El Clásico should be exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Getafe is like a home game for Real, just on the outskirts of Madrid Getafe are. Going down to the wire remember Barca are still top...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Fcuking LoL @ the the "Burger king" in the stand :D

Brilliant

Goal........

4 - 2

Pedro leon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how bad are madrid

Shock horror

Real to bring on a youth player

Mosquera on the way

Michel sent-off.

No idea why.

Coem on getafe put some fight into it make the come back happen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Coem on getafe put some fight into it make the come back happen!!

Bit too late it finished 4-2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Huge weekend ahead. Barca away to Mallorca Saturday while PAtetico lie down for Real yet again on Sunday.

Really will be a test of Barcas resolve to get a win on the Island where Mallorca have been almost invincible. No room for error whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Good for you. You must have low expectations for the word quality. Lyon, quality players must be able to handle the pressure and expectation and step up to the demands placed on them as important players. Higuain clearly 'bottled' it in Real's most important game of the season. Im not wholly blaming him on getting knocked out as there are other contributing factors. But I have to say I was delighted.

You judge him on one game alone? Like you say yourself he wasn't to blame, another 10 Real players played as well. I don't think he is the only player to have ever had a bad game, just so happens it was an important game and he was made the scapegoat and you believed what rubbish was wrote about him it seems. Good for you.

I used the word quality because that is what he is and wouldnt be alone in thinking that, most would probably say world class but that phrase is over used on to many average players these days.

Vanbis wrote: »
    You judge him on one game alone? Like you say yourself he wasn't to blame, another 10 Real players played as well.
    No I didn't blame him for getting knocked out I blame him for the misses though. If you want to be pedantic then there was more than 10other Real players who played against Lyon in both matches.
    Vanbis wrote: »
    I don't think he is the only player to have ever had a bad game, just so happens it was an important game and he was made the scapegoat and you believed what rubbish was wrote about him it seems. Good for you.
    No I dont like to read many football articles because football is objective and a personal perception. I let my eyes and brain do the anaylsis for myself. Good for me. Thanks :)

In fairness Ronaldo was open for criticism after that game for passing to his buddy Kaka too much when the ball to higuain seemed the easiest.

Whatever you think you believe and Ill believe what i know. Its ok its called an opinion.

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Bit too late it finished 4-2 :(

yea my link forze right after Getafe scored haha!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how are Atletico Madrid playing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Tough game at the weekend for Barca, Mallorca have been unreal at home this season, big weekend in the title race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Game, Set and Match for Atletico.

2-0 up.

Big chance missed for Bilbao with all the other 4th place contenders dropping points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Headshot wrote:
    Casillas has a bit of a dodgy keeper in him these days

I'd have to agree and even though del Bosque wont drop him, I think Pepe Reina should be in contention for the number 1 jersey. He's not the only key Spanish player that hasn't been at their best this season either. Xavi, Iniesta, Senna and Torres through injury haven't had particularly good seasons. They'll seriously need to step it up if they want to do well in the World Cup, especially Senna who Spain have no replacement for in midfield.
    5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Getafe is like a home game for Real, just on the outskirts of Madrid Getafe are. Going down to the wire remember Barca are still top...

What?:confused: Is it like a home game for Real when they play in the Vicente Calderón aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Good to see another team bend over for that shower :mad:
    Never happens with Barca. Not like Santander at the Nou Camp this season.

An Citeog wrote: »

What?:confused: Is it like a home game for Real when they play in the Vicente Calderón aswell.
    More or less, they haven't lost there in over 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

An Citeog wrote: »

Ah come on, you know what he means. A very very high proportion of Getafe supporters also support Real Madrid, they are like a family almost. Their president is a socio and used to be a season ticket holder at Real Madrid ffs. I hate Getafe, because they've consistently taken points off us while bending over backwards for Real and allowing them to penetrate deeply.

Madrid had picked up just four points from a possible 15 on their trips to the south of the capital since Getafe were first promoted to the top flight in 2004.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=275938&cc=5739

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

eZe^ wrote: »
    Ah come on, you know what he means. A very very high proportion of Getafe supporters also support Real Madrid, they are like a family almost. Their president is a socio and used to be a season ticket holder at Real Madrid ffs. I hate Getafe, because they've consistently taken points off us while bending over backwards for Real and allowing them to penetrate deeply.

duurrrrty!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If they bent over backwards I'm struggling to see how any amount of penetration would be possible tbh.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

flahavaj wrote: »
    If they bent over backwards I'm struggling to see how any amount of penetration would be possible tbh.:pac:

Oh, you're not doing it right!

This is weird.

Headshot wrote: »
    how are Atletico Madrid playing ?

Does not matter how they are playing recently, once the play Madrid, they just bend over and accept their fate. Expect yet another listless, anaemic performance from them Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Does not matter how they are playing recently, once the play Madrid, they just bend over and accept their fate. Expect yet another listless, anaemic performance from them Sunday.

Haha...Yea, bend over. Just like they did last season?

Last seaons it was a dodgy 96th min peno that won them the match at the vicente calderon. And it was a draw 1-1 in the bernabeu.

When last did Patheti beat Real? Admittedly they were unlucky not to win at the Bernabeu last season.

Did you see their "performance" at the Calderon this season?

It will be a stroll for Real Sunday

Cerezo "we are Atletico and some matches turn out well and others not so well" "whenever Barca lose here, they win La Liga" "I have always said that Madrid begins every season with a nine-point advantage: the three that they always earn at the Vicente Calderon, the three they win against us at the Bernabeu, and the three that Barcelona leave here." :D

Atleti were robbed last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Rofl, Cerezo you legend. :p

Advertisement