Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC CISCO EPC2425 Wireless issue

• 22-03-2010 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

hi all.

I am having some grief with my modem. I can connect my laptop to the modem via wireless connection fine, speed is at the top end... also I can connect it to the modem using the ethernet cable.

My issue is that when my xbox 360 is on and I want to use the windows media centre, it lets me connect to my laptop only when I have the ethernet plugged into my modem and laptop, but when I am using the wireless option for my laptop(360 is always on the wired/ethernet option) the connection for my windows media centre won't work, it says it can't find the extender(xbox360)

I know it's something to do with the settings on the wireless end of things with the router, anyone any ideas?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

been also wondering this. AFAIK its an issue with the modem and it wont properly bridge the wired and wireless connections!

i would love a solution to this if anyone knows of one?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭thegom145

I have this problem aswell (albeit with a PS3 instead of an xbox), there doesnt seem to be any settings to control how the epc2425 bridges between the wired/wireless.

Whats also weird is that this issue *only* happens when trying to stream using DLNA - all the boxes in my network are on the same IP range, they can all ping each other, ssh, vnc and samba work flawlessly from a wired box to the wireless ones. UPNP is enabled on the router, and DLNA works fine from wireless -> wireless. I haven't had a chance to try DLNA from wired -> wired connection yet, I'll try that later and see if I can shed some light on this.

It'd be nice if UPC didn't supply such a useless router with their broadband...

Advertisement