Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescos Chocolate Birthday Cake

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

anyone ever tried the chocolate birthday cake they have in Tescos. It comes in 2 different sizes I think...round and a rectangle shape? in a purple box
    need a cake for a birthday but dont wana spend a fortune on it..will be more for blowing out the candles. The b-day boy aint really a cake lover!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

The tesco choco cake in the rectangular box is soooooo good. So cheap and its lovely and moist and not heavy...YUM YUM YUM. Also the rectangle one that is sponge with vanilla icing and dolly mixture on it is devine....DROOOOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

IMHO M&S chocolate cake is tastier...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

didnt see the dolly mixture one in tescos that day..sounds yummy!
    hadnt even thought of checking M&S so thanks i will check them out and see what they have

thanks for your help guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The caterpillar one is nice as well think it was a Tesco one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

That Tesco cake is delicious. I've brought it to a couple of parties when it merited it. Or when I really wanted cake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I'd second M&S, their cakes have really improved lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Haaa consider myself an expert on the rectangle choco and vanilla cakes from tesco and M+S as we always get them in work for ppls bdays so have them quite often. I found that the Tesco ones better personally as they are a lighter cake. Choco cake can be quite heavy and the tesco one is lovely and light. But if u rather a richer, more dense cake then the M+S are the biz......Thou id eat any of them willingly to be honest....YUMMY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Ended up with the big round chocolate Tescos cake! its was delish! people couldnt believe it was Tescos!
    Managed to save a slice..going to have a cuppa tea with it now...might ease my hangover!!
    thanks for all the recommendations guy :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Shop bought cakes can be tasty, but so small considering what you pay for them.
    Cant beat home-made!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭chancer007

Bought a Tesco chocolate cake recently.very good,not too heavy.
    highly recommend & good value

• Advertisement
Advertisement