Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Game Room.

• 22-03-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

So Game Room is out this week. Not a fantastic lineup for launch, but their plan is to add 7 new games a week. I hope it doesn't fizzle out like Virtual Console on the Wii.

The concept of the game room itself is quite cool (see trailer below). A machine will have a red banner if a friend is beating your best score, and you can also set challenges for your friends....

Launch List:

1. Centipede (Arcade)
    2. Asteroids Deluxe (Arcade)
    3. Tempest (Arcade)
    4. Crystal Castles (Arcade)
    5. Lunar Lander (Arcade)
    6. Jungler (Arcade)
    7. Road Fighter (Arcade)
    8. Scramble (Arcade)
    9. Finalizer (Arcade)
    10. Tutankham (Arcade)
    11. Shao-Lin’s Road (Arcade)
    12. Super Cobra (Arcade)
    13. Red Baron (Arcade)
    14. Gravitar (Arcade)
    15. Battlantlis (Arcade)
    16. Astrosmash (Intellivision)
    17. Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing (Intellivision)
    18. Armor Battle (Intellivision)
    19. Space Hawk (Intellivision)
    20. Sub Hunt (Intellivision)
    21. Sea Battle (Intellivision)
    22. Space Armada (Intellivision)
    23. River Raid (Atari 2600)
    24. Star Raiders (Atari 2600)
    25. Outlaw (Atari 2600)
    26. Yar’s Revenge (Atari 2600)
    27. Millipede (Atari 2600)
    28. Football (Atari 2600)
    29. RealSports Tennis (Atari 2600)
    30. Combat (Atari 2600)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I find it hard to be less interested about something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any pricing on those games? Would not pay more than 160-200 ms points for any of those, In fact I'd be hard pushed to even play any of those :(

Just watched that trailer lol, I bet they will fleece you if you want to "trick out your arcade" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Hopefully Custer's Revenge will be added to the future lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pricing:
    How Much Does It Cost?

It is free to download “Game Room,” which you can then populate with classic arcade games available for individual purchase. Buy games once and play on both an Xbox 360 system and a Windows-based PC for 400 Microsoft Points. Or, to purchase a game for only one platform, each individual Xbox 360 or Windows-based PC title is 240 Microsoft Points. You also have the option to pay to play a single game, just like dropping two quarters in the slot in the old arcades, for 40 Microsoft Points. Visit your friends’ “game rooms” and try their games free before you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

VinLieger wrote: »
    I find it hard to be less interested about something
    +1 for this ... Not much grabbing my attention to get me going about this.

• Advertisement

Will they increase prices for newer games? It might be OK charging 240 MSP for Tempest, but what would they charge for games like Metal Slug?

The game room itself has cheesments for those who care, ahem not me though no no :D

http://inside.mygamercard.net/2010/03/17/stock-up-on-quarters-for-these-game-room-achievements/

Looking at the list of games, and the prices etc that amounts to one princely sum and boring times if you want to get 1000gs from this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Yars Revenge,the Classic Games Room dog will be most pleased.

(777 retro points to anyone who know's what I'm on about.)

I just can't understand why they did'nt make the arcade interface available and just allow regular XBLA games utilise the features. They could still release the antiques.

Mr E wrote: »
    Will they increase prices for newer games? It might be OK charging 240 MSP for Tempest, but what would they charge for games like Metal Slug?

Major Nelsons blog quotes 240-400 points per game. Pretty pricy consideing they're free on the net.

240 per platform (xbox / games for windows live). If you want to play on both platforms, its 400. 240 isn't bad for a game you like - if there was a good game every week, I'd be tempted. Not pushed about any of the launch titles though.

• Advertisement

Will your existing xbla games find a home in this thing :confused:

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Nope they dont I am afraid, even if you own a arcade game that also can be bought in the game room(if you know what I mean).

Typical M$.

Anyone manage to get this to load? Just sits on the loading screen after you press start at the title screen.

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get this to load? Just sits on the loading screen after you press start at the title screen.

I'm having the same problem.

Eventually got in , it's a whopping steaming pile of horse poo.

Total rip off, and the games on offer have aged terribly, not even playing them for nostalgic reasons would be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Agreed, absolute dirt selection of games on offer. At least you can try before you buy.

Like I said in my OP, the opening selection of games is awful. They really needed some from the 90s in there (or good ones from the 80s). They had Finalizer and Shaolins Road from '85 - if they'd gone for Green Beret or Gradius (out the same year), they might have grabbed me.

Roll on the good games.

The interface is quite cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Gaaah! The music!! My poor brain!

This is the worst thing to happen to computer games since Operation Flashpoint 2.

Gaaah! The music!! My poor brain!

I had the misfortune of trying the millipede demo by picking a game at random. It was like a cheese grater on the ears when you die :D

How they expect anyone to pay for that had me splitting my sides after I played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

last i checked, i was having this problem too. wasnt expecting 2 free game packs but then again, im not expecting them to be any good either. this game room thing need Neo Geo badly!

• Advertisement

Game Room is busted at the moment. Load it while not connected to Xbox live and you will be able play. Then connect to Xbox live after its loaded.

Pretty terrible flaw on launch day to be honest.

http://kotaku.com/5500832/xbox-game-room-is-live-and-broken

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    last i checked, i was having this problem too. wasnt expecting 2 free game packs but then again, im not expecting them to be any good either. this game room thing need Neo Geo badly!

They're not free. They're just demos. Should be 240 points per pack of five games. Terrible all round.Sony must be having a good laugh.

Mr E wrote: »
    Game Room is busted at the moment. Load it while not connected to Xbox live and you will be able play. Then connect to Xbox live after its loaded.

Pretty terrible flaw on launch day to be honest.

http://kotaku.com/5500832/xbox-game-room-is-live-and-broken

its pretty shambolic really, first sky player and all the problems that had and now this.

Xluna wrote: »
    They're not free. They're just demos. Should be 240 points per pack of five games. Terrible all round.Sony must be having a good laugh.

you serious? FFS they didnt say anything about a demo in the download's description. Sony might be laughing but remember Home? that was a joke in the beginning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

It's rubbish. Got a free 80g though.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    you serious? FFS they didnt say anything about a demo in the download's description. Sony might be laughing but remember Home? that was a joke in the beginning too.

Yep, I was shocked too. Basically you just download a bunch of trial games. If you could put regular games you purchased from xlba arcade it would have been fantastic. As it is it just looks like a gimmick to sell some really ancient games which few would buy if they were released tomorrow on xbla. It might improve but it will take a big turn around.

Lamposts wrote: »
    It's rubbish. Got a free 80g though.

80? Damn it I only got 55 now im going to have to go back in and get the ones i missed :D

80? Damn it I only got 55 now im going to have to go back in and get the ones i missed :D

Deleted that **** off my Gamercard. Rather not have it on it!

Deleted that **** off my Gamercard. Rather not have it on it!

I know, i feel kind of dirty having it on there :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I atleast expected it to be worth downloading but its more tripe from loveable xbox

Advertisement